Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Hotkeys?
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:28 pm 

I'm not sure if you guys already had this in the works, but I figured I'd bring it up anyway.

In most strategy games on PC these days, players can make use of hotkeys that allow them to issue commands quickly and easily and focus more on the battle, instead of having to click through every action.

I was wondering if you guys were gonna implement a hotkey system to the PC version of S&S? I think it could be useful.

In a sense, the PS3 version already makes use of hotkeys, as players can just press buttons on their controllers to pump out units instead of moving their cursors up to the top and clicking on who they want. So why not add this speed and precision to the PC version?

Anyway, just a thought :D

Post subject: Re: Hotkeys?
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:52 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Swords & Soldiers has shortcuts for fast scrolling and for the tech tree, not for building specific units or casting specific spells.

Just curious: are you asking this because you played the game on PC and wanted more shortcuts, or haven't you played it yet and are you just expecting shortcuts to be useful?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:37 pm 

I haven't played the PC version yet, but I do think they would be useful.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:05 am 

Upon further inspection, PS3 version doesn't have the type of hotkeys I was thinking of, but the controls are very nice nevertheless!

Anyway, I have yet to play the game on PC, so I dunno if its even necessary. But I do think it would be cool if, for example, you press B and produce a Berserker or Press A and produce an Axe Thrower or Press F and produce a Frost Hammer, etc. etc.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:20 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I never heard any actual players of the PC version complain that they wanted to play with hotkeys, so maybe you won't miss those extra hotkeys either once you've actually played it on PC. Do let me know what you think once you played it! :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:28 pm 

I'm currently playing the PC version of the game and it's really a lot of fun but I have to disagree with you about the hotkeys. It's inconvenient to have to click on the spell and then on the character or spot. I would love to be able to just press a key and click the spot or character. Same for summoning characters. Having said all of that, I'm still having fun!