:party:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :scoop: :sleep: #BuffBoiCow
:think: [Femme :thumb: Fatal] Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post subject: Re: #BeAFoxWithASword
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:39 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
So, what does Vulpine bring to the table that something like Terraria doesn't, aside from the extra dimension—which you could argue is trivial given I can't see any examples of flying in Vulpine.

Is it not just a "kill things to increment your ability to kill things" with the option of doing that with friends? Is that literally not Rust, Terraria, and Minecraft (and the floods of deriratives there)?

What's the selling point, exactly? That it's unique because you play as an animal? Given the animals wield weapons in their mouths, that seems like an arbitrary decision: they might as well be flowers with arms or... you know, people with arms.

I don't get it. Is there an innovation that makes Vulpine stand out compared to other games of a similar ilk? If there is, it's not obvious.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:34 pm 

Oh, you mean the real fox with a stick in its mouth... Not interested. :party:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
So, what does Vulpine bring to the table that something like Terraria doesn't, aside from the extra dimension—which you could argue is trivial given I can't see any examples of flying in Vulpine.

Is it not just a "kill things to increment your ability to kill things" with the option of doing that with friends? Is that literally not Rust, Terraria, and Minecraft (and the floods of deriratives there)?

What's the selling point, exactly? That it's unique because you play as an animal? Given the animals wield weapons in their mouths, that seems like an arbitrary decision: they might as well be flowers with arms or... you know, people with arms.

I don't get it. Is there an innovation that makes Vulpine stand out compared to other games of a similar ilk? If there is, it's not obvious.

:shrug: Truthfully at the time when I first got interested it was long before Rust and the likes ever became popular. I really like the artstyle, and they are also planning to implement varied combat between character sizes of fast but weak smaller characters to hard hitting slow large characters. (And an obvious middle in between)

I don't know if they're still planning to add it but a long time ago I remember the devs once said that there would be an option to kill and eat your friends. And if you ask me canibalism is always a good selling point. :thumb:

Alpha Z wrote:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I'll take that as a "no", then.

It's curious: on the Kickstarter, the developers state that "[they've] been developing games as a team for a few years now so [they] have a solid history of delivering."

Unless I'm not looking hard enough, I can't seem to find a single other thing they've released as a pair. Nothing at all.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:37 pm 

Probably some independant projects that they haven't shared. Granted, a promise isn't much of a portfolio, but if this is a scam they've been working at it for nearly 10 years now which is kinda ridiculous.
Also I doubt Aviators would attach his name to a ponzi scheme.

Alpha Z wrote:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:35 pm 

Oh, I don't think it's a scam—it just seems strange why they'd advertise something like that where it's so easily verifiable.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:49 pm 

I thought of something unique about this game.
Jokes aside the bosses along with the different player sizes and types of weapons (IDRK if the different weapons control differently but I should assume they would) does invoke very Monster Hunter-esque gameplay.

Also if you gibe them monii you will get sward. Kickstarter thing ends in 2 days.

Alpha Z wrote:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:00 pm 

"I thought of something unique about this game: it has clear elements of this other game in it."

If I wanted a sward with my hard-earned monii, I'd buy King Llane's sword from Weta.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: