Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Splatoon 2
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:52 am 

Who else has Splatoon 2?

I just beat the single-player campaign yesterday and it was great - loved the final boss. Currently playing it all the way through again with the Herobrush to get the replica.

:bluecheer: :redcheer:

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#5930 | I'm a tech support volunteer!

Currently playing: LUX5000, Ayla, Coco, Dizzy
Sometimes play: Raelynn, Scoop, Ksenia
Still learning: Penny, Rocco

Post subject: Re: Splatoon 2
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:32 am 
Adminaut

Still waiting on Nintendo to fix our left joycon. :(

I've never been terribly into Splatoon but Didu loves it so I'm fairly eager to give it a shot. How long is the singleplayer? Does it have a good story?

#MakeNautsMoreLikePong
Mainly playing: Whoever I feel like.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:23 am 

Alpha Z wrote:
Still waiting on Nintendo to fix our left joycon. :(

I've never been terribly into Splatoon but Didu loves it so I'm fairly eager to give it a shot. How long is the singleplayer? Does it have a good story?

Singleplayer's probably a fair length, not super long but it's not terribly short. There's 5 different worlds, with about 4-6 levels each. The story itself isn't the most spectacular thing but the final boss, while not as difficult as Splatoon 1's final boss, really blows everything else out of the water, visuals/music/cinematic-wise. I super enjoyed the final boss and have had the theme stuck in my head ever since I beat it last night.

Overall it's nothing too complex, but I still had some challenges during singleplayer (* world 4's boss, seriously. Not looking forward to doing it again with the brush), and I enjoyed it, even though I kinda suck at the game.

It's more or less what you would expect from a game whose target demographic is like, ages 7+. Not too difficult, but not a walk in the park either.

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#5930 | I'm a tech support volunteer!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 am 

Splatoon is why I "left" 'Nauts two years ago, pretty much. I got super super obsessed with the game.

Splatoon 2 is still fun, but I forced myself to take a break early last week and haven't gotten really back into it since. Did enough games to reach Queen in the Splatfest on Friday/Saturday, but that's all my gameplay in the past ten days. It's... bad, how I work only in absolutes. Absolutely addicted, or absolutely no play. Whoops. (200 hours in Splat2 as of last night when I logged in, though, so this break could go for a good while longer and I'd still not balance out into a health amount of playtime :derp: )

Oh, and Singleplayer is awesome. 1's felt like a tighter package, but I honestly preferred 2's Final Boss. That's actually the less popular opinion, which kind of blows my mind. Guess I'm just a sucker for the grandeur.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:08 am 

Well, second Splatfest is over. Flight won. :party:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:03 pm 

Duskitty wrote:
Well, second Splatfest is over. Flight won. :party:

I knew I should have gone with flight. :facepalm:

Anyway, I've been playing Splatoon 2 since the splatfest, and I've been having lots of fun with the game. Unfortunately, I probably won't have much time to play because of classes, and my brother plans on taking the switch back with him to college at the end of the week.

In-Training: :ix: :party: :worship:
Alpha Z wrote:
zeg685 wrote:
what's outside?

Everything. Yet at the same time, absolutely nothing.