Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: NOW LIVE: Update 4.4: Cirque du Brawlee Hotfix 1
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:44 pm 

You STILL haven't fixed that bot games doesn't give xp on loss?
Seriously, it's been months. And every single argument against it has been demolished!

It currently still is there to exclusively punish players for choosing any other difficulty than easy. Or well: specifically hard. Shesh, if anything: Only apply the 0 points rule if you fight against easy bots. That's what people use to farm points with no drawback or repercussion anyhow.

Getting real sick of getting 20-40 minutes wasted due to DC's, people leaving or random flukes. Why do we have to get punished for choosing to not AFK and farm xp?
Might as well just do an online match and ask people to afk for 40 min to make up for lost points.

What's the point of having difficulty choices,when all they offer is one mode with exclusively downsides, harsh punishments and no reward. And one mode with no drawback, and only free handouts.
I mean, what's the next step? Make you lose 500 awesomepoints if you lose a brawl?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:48 am 
Adminaut

Badass Ketchup wrote:
I can't think of a single upgrade in Awesomenauts that would exhibit this type of behavior due to the way they have their data organised. As far as I'm aware, your proposed claim here is untrue.

Remember how adding Ted caused the Tutorial to have 5 Froggy Gs? The game does weird things sometimes.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:51 am 

Emo Chapington wrote:
Badass Ketchup wrote:
I can't think of a single upgrade in Awesomenauts that would exhibit this type of behavior due to the way they have their data organised. As far as I'm aware, your proposed claim here is untrue.

Remember how adding Ted caused the Tutorial to have 5 Froggy Gs? The game does weird things sometimes.

I'm almost certain that had absolutely nothing to do with the introduction of Ted alone. Settings are self contained and don't affect anything else. They are literary just a tree of values read by their engine when attempting to perform a specific action. Just as a basic example, take shooting;

First thing is that when you play as character A the game will check the settings for all the actions character A can do such as shoot, skill 1, skill 2 and jump which are stored within the settings files along with the corresponding input to activate them. You can even set something to require no input to be triggered such as a global shield like barrier magazine and instead have them activate automatically.

Anyway from there when the shoot action is called, the engine reads from the described shoot settings in the actions settings for that character. Shoot settings also typically mention bullet settings within them which makes the engine read from the bullet setting described within the shoot setting, described within the character action settings etc. until it eventually deals damage to the target.

Due to the way this is all set up, no matter what you do to say, Ted McPain's shoot settings, it will not affect anything with any of the other settings or even anything within the game unless it is triggered by someone playing Ted McPain, as they are never even read from unless required. All upgrades do is alter mostly 1 or 2 values within the settings, or sometimes AI files, when purchased. But what ever it changed would still have to be called from somewhere else for it to make any difference.

On the topic of the Froggy G bug in particular, it was almost certainly an issue with the tutorial AI files (Which I don't have a copy of during the bug to 100% verify). 1 of 2 things most likely happened that caused the bug;
1) Designer screwed up the AI file by setting multiple frogs to spawn, removed a timer limiting the frog spawn, etc. It's happened before many times such as with this update and older bugs like the Yakoiza buff not being removed after shooting.
2) Programmer updated how the engine reads AI files and didn't check the existing AI files for any potential issues caused.

But like I've said many times, I don't have a copy of the tutorial AI files during the bugged period to completely verify this, but it's extremely unlikely the introduction of Ted alone caused this issue due to the way settings files are read and organised.

2 Balance Rules

1) No upgrade should be mandatory
2) No upgrade should outclass or be overly reliant on another upgrade

My steam
Leader of Team HDTV

Jasper wrote:
Well Lashes and Sunballs are about as strong

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:39 pm 

In case you havent seen, Robin posted an update on a post of mine on Reddit regarding the status of Hotfix 2:

"The second hotfix is coming early next week. It addresses a wide number of issues including those that have been reported to affect the current brawl (thanks for the reports on that).
Saying the update shipped with a whole bunch of disruptive issues would be an understatement, and we're sorry for the way it turned out. It obviously wasn't our intention to ever release an update that would result in such a chaotic week, and we're just as frustrated with this as you are."

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:44 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
ThexCatmanx wrote:
In case you havent seen, Robin posted an update on a post of mine on Reddit regarding the status of Hotfix 2

ThexCatmanx wrote:
...Robin posted an update on a post of mine on Reddit regarding...

ThexCatmanx wrote:
...on Reddit ...

ThexCatmanx wrote:
...on Reddit ...

This is precisely why there is so much backlash on the forums.

We all sit down and acknowledge there is a communication problem, Ronimo say they will improve—to our joyous celebration—and then they go right back to what they were doing before.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:19 pm 
Adminaut

The Lord Protector wrote:

We all sit down and acknowledge there is a communication problem, Ronimo say they will improve—to our joyous celebration—and then they go right back to what they were doing before.

Honestly you sound extremely selfish right now. There is a Reddit community too, and you're complaining they put it there not here. It's still more communication than nothing.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:47 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I had not been informed that the official forum was now Reddit.

The official forum being—generally—the place people go to first for information and updates.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:08 pm 

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:37 pm 

Emo Chapington wrote:
The Lord Protector wrote:

Honestly you sound extremely selfish right now. There is a Reddit community too, and you're complaining they put it there not here. It's still more communication than nothing.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:28 pm 

"you're so selfish for expecting ronimo to pay attention to their officially-run message board"

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next