Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: any updates coming?
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:50 pm 

the last 30 days haven't been good for nauts. I know the devs want to release SS2, but what about nauts?

some random ideas:

* 16 new characters
* 4 new maps
* 8 new brawls
* a brand new skin to buy each week
* ksenia buffs
* a new steam app id and a new name. suggestion: Awesomenauts 2
* 20,000 CCU
* a skippable tutorial
* a hotkey to create replay bookmarks as the game is playing
* change it so the end of a match immediately transitions to instant replay mode so you can rewind and see plays if you want to
* a balance patch that shakes things up a bit
* remove xp system or introduce very heavy-handed rubber banding
* a monthly leaderboard that is separate from the main leaderboard
* ability to "buy" a few skins with an insane number of awesomepoints so that cheapskates still have something to work toward.
* bring back the clunk figurines and introduce more for other characters in the game
* $5 Derpl announcer. just a bunch of excited 'ba ba ba bas' and farting noises.
* a unique minimap icon for super droids

Post subject: Re: any updates coming?
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:58 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
The only one of these that's even close to being realistic is the minimap icon for the super droid, which is in and of itself either incredibly sad or incredibly impressive.

Also, the S&SII rerelease is an absolutely sound decision. Anyone that says otherwise is a reptile with no sense of community spirit.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:43 am 

Realistic goals:

*mods for brawls
*release awesomenauts settings manager so that you can abandon nauts on a happy note instead of letting it die a slow and horrible death

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:30 pm 

if enough people can prove that they want more of this game, ronimo should just start on the sequel
maybe with a new engine we wouldn't have these same exact bugs that have been unfixed for five years

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:15 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
But people clearly want more Swords and Soldiers.

I mean, why else would it be being ported?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:38 pm 

please shut up

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:47 pm 

Well with awesomenauts settings manager we could just mod S&S into nauts. :thumb:

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:19 am 

robochase6000 wrote:
* remove xp system or introduce very heavy-handed rubber banding

Back when an XP system was still being discussed, this was my concept for it. :shrug:

It was intended to be a very temporary (and quickly reversible) powerup, with significant stat boosts and a coinciding massive loss in XP gain per level difference (to a cap of 3 levels max, at which point the winning team gets 0% XP). This would reward a team only for consistently outplaying the opponent, rather than getting an early edge and just coasting on the snowball, effectively acting as a rubberband mechanic for games that were reasonably well matched and only speeding up a loss in cases of an extreme mismatch.

But it was a half-hearted implementation with numbers so small they don't feel like they matter, and only serve to make damage calculation needlessly complicated. So as a result, those who were against the XP system are unhappy and even those like me who thought it had a lot of positive potential are unhappy.

If there were ever an Awesomenauts 2 I would love to see a much stronger and more dynamic level system employed. And preferably implemented in such a way that it could be easily turned off for custom games or an alternate queue or something.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:12 pm 

I wasn't aware of the discussion but came to pretty much the exact same conclusion on my own Xelrog

Would love to see it capped at a 2 or 3 level lead instead of something that constantly increments up to 20. I'm guessing it would be a pretty radical rewrite, so we probably will never get to try it :(

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:
I wasn't aware of the discussion but came to pretty much the exact same conclusion on my own Xelrog

Would love to see it capped at a 2 or 3 level lead instead of something that constantly increments up to 20. I'm guessing it would be a pretty radical rewrite, so we probably will never get to try it :(

It would be very easy to implement, just number tweaks. There's already power scaling and XP reduction. Just make the power scale slightly more, make the XP reduction for the leading team much higher, and increase all sources of XP a bit to compensate. Three number tweaks.

That said, there would be little point doing it now, on this game. It would also be better implemented if solar upgrades had simpler numbers to modify than the very specific ones they have now.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla: