Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Suggestions
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:24 pm 

I wanted to create a suggestion thread for the future of Awesomenauts when it is released this forum will get more members and they will have some suggestions or ideas for Awesomenauts :)

I will begin with my own Awesomenaut Idea :P

Engineer Baledale

Appereance: A bear in a space suit with a space shotgun. On his back he wears a backpack with wrenches,fish and honey glasses.

Damage: Medium
HP: Medium
Difficulty: Medium

Role: Support

Abilities:

Special: Baledale got Clips. After 8 Shots he have to reload for 1.25 seconds making him unable to shoot.

Shoot:
Baledale shoots with his shotgun. This weapon spreads. If Baledale shoots on the ground he get flinged into the air. If Baledale shoots against a wall or if every shot hit the same target he get thrown back.

Air Dash:
If Baledale is in the air he can dash to the target deals a small AoE damage and stuns hit enemy units for 0.5 seconds.
On the ground Baledale jumps a small height.

Place Turret:
Baledale channels for 0.5 seconds and places a turret on the target area.
The Turret deals medium damage every 0.25 seconds. The Turret got 3 HP. For every attack it looses one Life. It can only hurt every 2 seconds. The Turret lives for maximum 20 seconds.

Gravitation Generator:
Baledale activates his gravitation generator pulls every enemy awesomenaut in medium range around Baledale to him. For every second they get pulled their movementspeed reduces by 25%. Lasts 4 seconds. If they get pulled to Baledale they get hurt for every second and get stunned for 1.5 seconds.

Items:

Ability Items:

Place Turret:
Enables a Turret placing technique.
Cost: 135

1. Honey dispenser
Every 2 seconds the Turret throws out a honey glass that heals the user for 20% of maximum health. The honey glasses can't be picked up by enemy Awesomenauts.
Cost: 150
- Honey Honey Honey! It's raining Honey

2. Master of Turret
Increases the Damage of the Turret and the HP from 3 to 5.
Cost: 120
- Where does this Turret get his ammo from?

3. Guarded Position
Adds small walls on the edges of the Turret. The walls blocks enemy units and Awesomenauts.
Makes the Turret live forever. The walls got 2 HP and can only get hurt every second.
Cost: 170
- OMG Blocker...

Gravitation Generator
Enables a Gravitation Generator technique.
Cost: 140

1. Turret Combiner
The Generator can be placed on the Turret if Baledale stands near the Turret. Increases the duration from 4 to 5 seconds and increases the life duration by 5 seconds if the generator is placed on the turret.
Cost: 135
- No not Combine from Half Life

2. Honey Gravitation
After the Generator is deactivated every enemy Awesomenaut who got pulled will be shot with Honey decreases his movement speed by 40% for 3 seconds and every friendly Awesomenaut heals himself by 5% of his maximum Life for every attack on the Awesomenaut who is shot by the Generator.
Cost: 100
- I won't clean this up

3. Gravitation Generator 1.337
Baledale can fly for 3 seconds if the Gravitation Generator is activated.
Increases the Slow by 10% and the stun by 0.5 seconds.
Cost: 115
- I fly! No i don't ...

Normal Items:

1. Wasp-Bullets
Baledale upgrades his Shotgun with Honey if he hit an enemy wasps will attack the target and damages it for 2 seconds.
Cost: 90
- Now the wasps are gone i can get the honey

2. Knockback-Reducer
Reduces the Knockback if Baledale hits a wall or he hits an enemy by 20%.
Cost: 95
- It doesn't hurt now

3. Clips in the Backpack
Increases the Clip of Baledale's Shotgun by 4. Increases his ammo to a total of 12.
- Armed and Ready

4. Scrap Suit

Increases his Maximum Life by 10% and his Movementspeed by 5%.
Melee attackers get mini knocked back if they attack him. Has a 1 second cooldown.
Cost: 180
- I am UNSTOPPABLE!

5. Engineering
Heals nearby allied Turrets by 1% of their maximum Life per second. Gives them a 20% damage reduction if Baledale stands near them.
- I upgraded it to the awesomeness of awesomeness

6. Honey Lover
Gives Baledale a 20% chance if he kills an enemy that the enemy drops a honey glass. Honey glasses heal the user for 20% of the maximum Life.
Increases the Heal of Honey Glasses by 15% if Baledale use it.
Cost: 130
- No Wasps no risk only Honey

Role in the Game:

Baledale's Role in the Game is defending the Lanes and farming on 2 lanes at the same time.
In 1v1 hes very strong because of his Shotgun makes him to a strong opponent in melee.
Baledale can push lanes very easy with his turret makes his laning opponent to stay at the tower.
Baledale is a slow character makes him vulnerable if he runs away.
With the Scrap Suit Baledale gets even stronger but even more vulnerable. His Bounty gets increased and his movementspeed greatly decreased.

Okay thats my dream Awesomenaut an engineer who defends and attacks Positions.
I hope one of the creators will look at this =)
Now im going to eat something...honey

Okay heres my newest Creation:

Drunken Mane

Appereance: Mane is a Kiwi in a space suit. His space suit has the colour brown makes himself nearly invisible in the suit. Mane got a Minigun and beer kegs on his back.

Damage: High
HP: Very High
Difficulty: Hard

Abilities:

Special Ability: Mane got two attacks. If Mane attacks something in Melee he will attack with his beer kegs. If he is on range and nothing is next to him he will attack with his Minigun dealing huge amount of damage per second.
Mane can't shoot longer than 5 seconds with his Minigun. He have to stop for 0.5 seconds.

Bulletfire/Keg attack:
Mane shoots with his Minigun makes him unable to move but able to jump.
Mane gets a 35% damage reduction if he uses his Minigun. Mane can't be knock backed when he uses his Minigun.

Mane attack with his Kegs dealing medium damage and knocks the target back and increases the Damage of Mane against the target by 5% for 6 Seconds. Stacks 6 times. Refreshes if he attacks.
Keg attack gets 20% more damage if Mane is tipsy.

Ground explosion:
If Mane jumps he deals high damage in a small AoE. After the Jumps Mane drinks Beer for 1 second makes him tipsy. Your screen will shake. Mane gets a 15% damage reduction and reduces his movementspeed by 20% for 8 seconds. Mane gets a 20% avoid chance if he gets attacked by normal attacks.
Tipsy doesn't stack.

Drunken:
Mane drinks out of his Kegs makes him tipsy. Your screen will shake and Mane gets a 15% damage reduction and reduces his movementspeed by 15% for 6 seconds.
Mane gets a 10% avoid chance if he gets attacked by normal attack.
Mane channels for 3 seconds healing him for 25% of his maximum health per second and increases his damage reduction by 60% for 3 seconds.
Tipsy doesn't stack

Unstoppable Force:
Mane charges forward and grabs the first enemy awesomenaut dealing huge amount of damage stunning the target for 2 seconds. In these 2 seconds Mane deals low damage every 0.5 seconds. Mane throws the target after 2 seconds away or if he uses the spell again.
Increases the Damage he get by 75% per second. Lasts for 5 seconds.
After that Mane drinks out of his keg makes him tipsy. Reduces his movementspeed by 40% and lets your screen shake for 4 seconds.
Increases or reduces his damage reduction by 2.5% every 0.5 seconds until Mane got 0% Damage reduction.

Items:

Ability Items:

Drunken:
Enables a Drunken technique.
Cost: 190

1. Awesome Beer
Increases the Health regeneration by 5% and increases the reduced movementspeed by 10%.
- Its beer time...hicks

2. Minigun Assault
After Mane drank the beer his damage dealt by his minigun is increased by 10% for 3 seconds.
- YOU SHALL NOT PASS

3. Drunken Armor
Increases the damage reduction by 10% and increases the duration by 1 second.
- I'm a tank

Unstoppable Force
Enables a Unstoppable Force technique.
Cost: 220

1. Unstoppable Mane
Removes 12% of the maximum Life of the target and 6% of the maximum Life of Mane.
- It hurts me too...

2. Endless Charge
Increases the Range travelled to unlimited. If the Spell is used again Mane will stop.
- No! I don't want to go home

3. Awesomeness Keg
Increases the movementspeed by 2% every 0.5 seconds until Mane got normal movementspeed.
- I'm faster than you noob

Normal Items:

1. Shoop da Bullets
Increases the Damage dealt by the Minigun by 1.5% every shot on the target.
Stacks unlimited times. Lasts for 1.5 seconds. Refreshes for every shot.
Cost: 160
- Imma Firing my lazor!! SHOOP DA WHOOP!

2. Full Kegs
For every attack with the kegs Mane gets for 1 second tipsy. Decreases his movementspeed by 10% and increases his damage reduction by 5%. Stacks up to 4 times. Refreshes for every attack.
- No im not tipsy give me one more

3. Healing Beer
For every tipsy second Mane heals 2.5% of his maximum Life.
Cost: 210
- Created by Nordrassil Nightelven Fountain Productions

4. Beer Throw
Mane got a 10% chance if he attacks with one of his kegs that he makes the target tipsy for 3 seconds. Makes his screen shake and and reduces his movementspeed and attackspeed by 20% for 2.5 seconds.
- Free Beer for you, hicks

5. Armor of the Beer kings
Increases the maximum life of Mane by 20%.
- Beer give me strength

6. Aggressive Bird
Every Jump increases the next normal attack by 10%. Stacks unlimited. Lasts until the next attack.
- I will never extinct.

Role in the Game:

Mane is a tanky damage dealer. He can't attack nice and is not very fast. If he's tipsy its very hard to control him because the screen shakes.
If he can use his complete combo on someone he will nearly nuke him dead.
With his low movementspeed he is very easy to kite or to gank down.

So that was my new Awesomenaut a Bird :P

Last edited by Grievous on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:55 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Couple of really cool ideas in there! I see you even added the funny comments that are in the game for each upgrade! :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:49 am 

Yeah i looked at the gameplay footage and checked how many upgrades are there :p
And there i found these funny comments at the upgrades so i added them here :)
But i got some more suggestions:

In LoL you can buy skins for real money. What about some skins here in Awesomenauts. For every match you get next to the XP some special money for extra things like a skin for every awesomenaut.
In S&S were some challenges what about some in Awesomenauts?
For example: Defend the Tower for 10 Minutes/15/20 etc.
It would make it more fun and players would play the game longer.
And games modes would be epic too like: Everyone gets a random awesomenaut or you can only attack one Lane. No jungle. And much more :P

EDIT: Added Drunken Mane

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:13 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Skins would indeed be cool, but they are a lot of work, so we won't have those at launch. Just have a look at this image to see how many drawings we need to make for a single character (and thus also for any skin): character sheet

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:06 pm 

Yeah i see thats very much. But it would be cool as an DLC could be bought for some Microsoft points for the guys who want to look special :D

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:06 am 

Hm, this could be a fun idea, maybe I'll come up with some nifty designs as well! Just in case you guys get any creator's block, haha.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:48 am 

I will provide more of an "creative" aspect, instead of raw game mechanics. (noticed we already got a drunk character from the previous poster)

Wolfy starhunt: And old geezer and nowadays alcoholic in the form of a wolf. He used to be one of the finest bounty hunters but after a total failure his rumour and ranks went to hell. His abilities will consist of using his nose to sense his opponents and see them on the minimap. He also uses his booze as a flamethrower to do some heavy DoT. He is a rather fast and agile character that is excellent for hunting down nearly dead opponents since he also can see them trough his minimap.

In all haste I kind of agree with the guy saying it should come with some kind of XP after each match. So you rank up, gain some bonuses or whatever. Even if I probably will play this for 6months or more (yeah im really pumped for this game) it will keep you going even further with some kind of reward system in it.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:01 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Isdrake wrote:
In all haste I kind of agree with the guy saying it should come with some kind of XP after each match. So you rank up, gain some bonuses or whatever. Even if I probably will play this for 6months or more (yeah im really pumped for this game) it will keep you going even further with some kind of reward system in it.

We have just that! :D At first you can only play 3 of the six characters, and the loadout screen doesn't contain as much choice. As you level up, you unlock lots of extra upgrades.

(As for what the loadout screen is: each class has 24 shop items of which you can take 12 into a match. Those 12 are the ones you can buy during a match. Selecting in your loadout which things to take into a match adds a LOT of replayability. At first there are only 16 items per class to choose from. As you level, this grows to 24. Note that most items also has several tiers, so you can buy them several times in a single match.)

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:48 pm 

Joost wrote:

(As for what the loadout screen is: each class has 24 shop items of which you can take 12 into a match. Those 12 are the ones you can buy during a match. Selecting in your loadout which things to take into a match adds a LOT of replayability. At first there are only 16 items per class to choose from. As you level, this grows to 24. Note that most items also has several tiers, so you can buy them several times in a single match.)

Are we talking about "in-game" levels? As far as I know your level resets for each match right? I kind of talking about some kind of rank system, you play a couple of matches, gain some xp, rank up and buy some stuff or gain some advantages outside of the actual matches (like in League of legends).

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:25 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Like in League of Legends, we have both. :D

-In-game you level and buy upgrades, and you start again from scratch in the next match.
-Between games you have an account where you unlock more heroes and upgrades for in your loadout.