Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Complete Suggestions and Solutions List for Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:45 am 

Okay, let me start with two things. One, Awesomenauts is awesome, great job by Ronimo. Two, this post will be long, VERY long, so I will likely split it up into multiple replies and such.

This post will cover every issue I have come across, along with my solution. Constructive criticism is welcome, destructive is not. This post will likely be updated often by myself with additions from other members, solutions I brainstorm over time, and other means of finding things.

I'd like to thank all of you guys for taking the time to view my post, I have put and will put lots of time into this.

And, I hate to advertise, but there's a certain YouTube channel with the same name as my username that I hear is pretty cool... ;)

So without further ado, here is a compilation list of Suggestions and Solutions.
Original Post by Z13J on 4/6/12, 7:30 PM Pacific Standard Time

Suggestions

Playable Characters

Knick the Knight
Created by: Z13J
Bio: After being expelled by his kingdom in 1594 for a crime he did not commit, Knick found a strange cape, very similar to his own, that seemed to pull Knick towards it. After equipping it, Knick found himself thinking differently, imaging alien artifacts and weaponry. As if knowing the cape's powers, Knick twisted around in a complete circle, and ended up in the future version of his kingdom. The castle he was raised in still stands, and calls Knick to defend it from evil. Knick joined the Awesomenauts after realizing that knights cannot operate alone. Together with his comrades, Knick can fully utilize the power of his cape, and hopefully, defend his kingdom like he was born to do.

Skills:
Vanish - Using his cape, Knick swirls around, grabbing nearby teammates AND enemies, rendering all inside (including Knick) invincible. Knick can move while Vanished, enabling him to help teammates escape danger, pulling an enemy into a fight, etc. (Y-Button or Triangle)

Blink - Knick uses the dimensional powers of his cape to pull himself into or out of a battle. Blinking will lower Knick's physical abilities until he can regain his focus. (B-Button or Circle)

Slice and Dice - His trusty blade, the Ewemadbroh, glides through the air, inflicting serious damage to whoever is unlucky enough to get in the way. (X-Button or Square)

Launch - Knick focuses his might and, with assistance from his cape, vaults as high as he can muster, knocking all enemies unfortunate enough to be near out of the way. (A-Button or X)

Items:
Cape Sparkles - Being in a 300 Unit radius of Vanish will stun the enemy. "Who said knights aren't stylish?"

Monocle and Tophat - Reduces the time Knick is delusional after Blinking. "I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR."

Raygeh - Knick finds his trusty shield Raygeh, which raises his health and defense. "Ewemadbroh and Raygeh - a match made in Heaven."

Knick the Knight, by Z13J on 4/6/12, 7:37 PM Pacific Standard Time

Other Characters Coming Soon

Maps/Locations/Arenas

Future Earth
Created by: Z13J

Coinciding with the arrival of Knick the Knight, Future Earth isn't actually that bad. After the false Armageddon claims of 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, nobody believed in the end of the world anymore. This carefree nature led humans to become a bit, well, reckless, in their behavior. Eventually, only the wise and strong made it through the rebellions of 2112, and formed an alliance to hide their past, including certain stringed instruments(Rush reference).

Map Design Coming Once I Make It :)

Future Earth Map by Z13J on 4/6/12, 7:30 PM Pacific Standard Time

Other Maps Coming Soon

Solutions/Ideas

Offline/Local Play
Article by: Z13J

WARNING: FALSE INFO, CHECK UPDATE.
I recently read that there would be no offline/local play in Awesomenauts. This is extremely saddening to a broke Xbox gamer, who doesn't want to pay for XBL, just for Awesomenauts. I know for a fact the offline play would be possible, for bots are already implemented.

I don't know why the option to prevent Offline play would arrise. Romino could pull of a Call-of-Duty style stat system, where Online stats and progression differ from Offline stats and progression.

I would pay for Day 1 DLC if it included offline play. The goal of the game is to have everyone on multiplayer, but sometimes, being on multiplayer isn't fun. It is a pain to have people go AFK, be a nuisance over the microphone, not being "as good as the rest of the team", etc. etc. etc.

UPDATE
Offline play: the game does allow offline practice games and you can also run a private game online with only the people you invite. Of course we want everyone online, and online players will receive a little solar bonus when they complete an online match, but still the offline mode is there. :) - Quote from Awesomenauts Developer Fabian.

I stand corrected, I guess I misunderstood what someone said, my apologies to all who believed my false info. :oops:

Original Article by Z13J on 4/6/12, 7:42 PM Pacific Standard Time

PC Version
Article by: Z13J

Pirating. It's a fear of many developers making a product. How would you like to spend nearly a year working your tail off, just to have someone steal from you? As Notch said on his tumblr, "If someone pirates Minecraft instead of buying it, it means I’ve lost some “potential” revenue. ...What if that person likes that game, talks about it to his or her friends, and then I manage to convince three of them to buy the game?"

Yes, pirating is terrible, but Notch has a point. He also mentioned that adding Online-only features that add to the experience would help transfer pirates to customers. If that's what's holding Awesomenauts back from a PC release (And possibly Mac, I guarantee my Mac can run it :D), I think Ronimo needs to take a chance.

If its something outside of pirating, and I have no idea what else would hold this game back, I think a demo version should be offered at least, to please those who just want to try the game. Maybe have an account system, or go through a DRM like Steam, or even run the game online only, such as certain games have done. (RotMG anyone?) These are just my solutions, and I'm sure more will be thought of and tried.

UPDATE
PC version: piracy isn't our concern, personally I'm glad it exists, because it increases awareness for our games, even to gamers who wouldn't pay/play for it in the first case, get a chance to check out new games and possibly become future buyers. But let's not get into that discussion here. - Quote from Awesomenauts developer Fabian

Haha, I guessed wrong. Check Fabians reply (The post directly under this one) for more info about this.

Original Article by Z13J on 4/6/12, 7:44 PM Pacific Standard Time

Original Post Edit #1 - Changed the title to make it seem more appealing and, in my opinion, desirable to open. :P (Changed from "List of Suggestions and Solutions/Ideas" to "Complete Suggestions and Solutions List for Awesomenauts")

Original Post Edit #2 - Added updated info, thanks to Fabian.

Awesomenauts Guitar Covers

Last edited by Z13J on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Complete Suggestions and Solutions List for Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:30 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Thanks for doing the commentary trailer that was bloody awesome! :monkey:

I want to give some feedback on the two issues you pointed out.

Offline play: the game does allow offline practice games and you can also run a private game online with only the people you invite. Of course we want everyone online, and online players will receive a little solar bonus when they complete an online match, but still the offline mode is there. :)

PC version: piracy isn't our concern, personally I'm glad it exists, because it increases awareness for our games, even to gamers who wouldn't pay/play for it in the first case, get a chance to check out new games and possibly become future buyers. But let's not get into that discussion here.

The reason why there isn't a PC version yet, is that it takes a lot of time and money to build: think of anti cheater measures, support for different hardware with different options for graphics settings, the multiplayer backend, good mouse/keyboard support, large parts of the interface needs to be changed, mouseovers etc etc. So to make the choice to go to PC, we need to see how good the game will do on XBLA and PSN, based on that success we are able to make the decision.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 am 

Fabian wrote:
Thanks for doing the commentary trailer that was bloody awesome! :monkey:

Haha, thanks for supporting it! If you don't mind, I have to ask you a question about the game that would be too complicated to post here...I emailed you a while back but did not get a response. Is there a good place and time to contact you at? It involves promoting Awesomenauts and my channel.

For those who want to see this commentary, search this EXACTLY in YouTube: "Awesomenauts Commentary with Jayden" or use this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqyr1GUUj20

Awesomenauts Guitar Covers

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:14 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Can't seem to find your mail... :? can you resend it, my inbox is just exploding after PAX ><