Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm
Posts: 35
I was extremely psyched for the release of Swords & Soldiers. That has been the second most game I've gotten the most hyped about. Now that Awesomenauts is less than a month away, I wanted to say that I think that the team has done very well. The game looks great! This will be a day 1 buy for me. I can't wait to play it.

You've also mentioned free dlc. I think adding new characters is a great idea. I thought that the 6 were great enough. Now I know lots of people get all mad about dlc. I mean paying for dlc that should have been in game anyway. I don't know how many characters you had in mind. I'd suspect it'd be a multiple of 2. I know some people may disagree with me, but I wouldn't mind paying for the dlc. Wow. I know right. I think the team has worked extra hard and should have another way to get more money. I wasn't thinking anything big. Just something like:

DLC Character A- 2.99
DLC Character B- 2.99
DLC Characters A & B- 4.99

I was thinking this system for each pair of dlc characters released. Some may disagree, but that's fine. I just wanted to throw this out there.

Still pumped for the game! :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 am
Posts: 372
Location: New Jersey, USA
UnderDog675 wrote:
I was extremely psyched for the release of Swords & Soldiers. That has been the second most game I've gotten the most hyped about. Now that Awesomenauts is less than a month away, I wanted to say that I think that the team has done very well. The game looks great! This will be a day 1 buy for me. I can't wait to play it.

You've also mentioned free dlc. I think adding new characters is a great idea. I thought that the 6 were great enough. Now I know lots of people get all mad about dlc. I mean paying for dlc that should have been in game anyway. I don't know how many characters you had in mind. I'd suspect it'd be a multiple of 2. I know some people may disagree with me, but I wouldn't mind paying for the dlc. Wow. I know right. I think the team has worked extra hard and should have another way to get more money. I wasn't thinking anything big. Just something like:

DLC Character A- 2.99
DLC Character B- 2.99
DLC Characters A & B- 4.99

I was thinking this system for each pair of dlc characters released. Some may disagree, but that's fine. I just wanted to throw this out there.

Still pumped for the game! :D


I have to agree. I would not mind paying 2.99 or 1.99 per character. It sounds far to me.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:52 pm 
Offline
Ronimo Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 8990
We actually haven't made up our minds yet as to whether the new characters will be free or not, so feedback like yours is more than welcome. :)

(I would expect them to come one at a time though, since it is a lot of work to program, animate and balance a new character, but nothing has been decided here yet.)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm
Posts: 35
Joost wrote:
We actually haven't made up our minds yet as to whether the new characters will be free or not, so feedback like yours is more than welcome. :)

(I would expect them to come one at a time though, since it is a lot of work to program, animate and balance a new character, but nothing has been decided here yet.)


Sounds cool. I'm really looking forward to this. I don't know how many you're planning on making so I guess I won't go into exact detail on price in my opinion. I just hope they all have just as unique a play style as every other character. I can already see myself playing this game for a long time before the dlc was announced! These characters could bring more strategies for boosting other teams as well as having weaknesses that existing players could capitalize on! Its funny that the only games I've been actually wanting this year are mostly downloadable. :lol:

Awesomenauts FTW!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 am
Posts: 372
Location: New Jersey, USA
UnderDog675 wrote:
Joost wrote:
We actually haven't made up our minds yet as to whether the new characters will be free or not, so feedback like yours is more than welcome. :)

(I would expect them to come one at a time though, since it is a lot of work to program, animate and balance a new character, but nothing has been decided here yet.)


Sounds cool. I'm really looking forward to this. I don't know how many you're planning on making so I guess I won't go into exact detail on price in my opinion. I just hope they all have just as unique a play style as every other character. I can already see myself playing this game for a long time before the dlc was announced! These characters could bring more strategies for boosting other teams as well as having weaknesses that existing players could capitalize on! Its funny that the only games I've been actually wanting this year are mostly downloadable. :lol:

Awesomenauts FTW!



I just fear that people will be making teams mostly with with Clunk+Voltar+DPS. It would seem to be a tradition layout for a game like this. I personally hope we get at least one more high HP awesomenaut and one another healer. But I could be wrong, people may not do the Tank+healer combo that often.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm
Posts: 35
I agree. Perhaps they could make an anti-healer Awesomenaut. One that inflicts poison damage over time with their gun or can cast auras that prevent Voltar's healing within a large radius.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 am
Posts: 372
Location: New Jersey, USA
UnderDog675 wrote:
I agree. Perhaps they could make an anti-healer Awesomenaut. One that inflicts poison damage over time with their gun or can cast auras that prevent Voltar's healing within a large radius.


That actually is rather a good idea. Though I have heard this a lot from designers at Riot, that player tend not to see the full effect of DOTs. I think its worth a try though. Maybe as a skill instead of a auto attack debuff.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:56 am
Posts: 31
UnderDog675 wrote:
I was extremely psyched for the release of Swords & Soldiers. That has been the second most game I've gotten the most hyped about. Now that Awesomenauts is less than a month away, I wanted to say that I think that the team has done very well. The game looks great! This will be a day 1 buy for me. I can't wait to play it.

You've also mentioned free dlc. I think adding new characters is a great idea. I thought that the 6 were great enough. Now I know lots of people get all mad about dlc. I mean paying for dlc that should have been in game anyway. I don't know how many characters you had in mind. I'd suspect it'd be a multiple of 2. I know some people may disagree with me, but I wouldn't mind paying for the dlc. Wow. I know right. I think the team has worked extra hard and should have another way to get more money. I wasn't thinking anything big. Just something like:

DLC Character A- 2.99
DLC Character B- 2.99
DLC Characters A & B- 4.99

I was thinking this system for each pair of dlc characters released. Some may disagree, but that's fine. I just wanted to throw this out there.

Still pumped for the game! :D


I wouldnt really mind paying for DLC :) I mean, if the game is as awesome as it looks, and the characters are well priced, i know it will be worth it. And that's coming from someone who lives in Dominican Republic xD a place where points costs double (a dolar would be 40 RD, so 20 dolars, 1600 points, is 800.. But here i buy it for... 1500 xD) :3

I also wouldnt be mad for free dlc ^^ And though it is true that this cost money to do and stuff, i do think that first-day buyers for example could get a bundle or something for free. I dont know, as a sign of grattitude? anyways.

The only thing I think im againts is umm.. Day one dlc? i really dont know why you would release dlc the same day as the game. If it was ready, why isnt it in the game xD! though again, if there was first-day dlc, i think first-day buyers should get it free. Just my opinion :)

Also, and maybe going on another topic: Can we get an accurate price for the game? because right, many people have said that the price is 800 (Wich i have even prepared already XD) But at least I would like a more formal update from you guys.. Because even tough we have a price, on the awesomenauts FAQ, it says the game haven't been priced yet.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:07 am
Posts: 553
I'd also be fine paying for DLC, within a reasonable amount of course, IF the DLC is not only characters. I would also like a new map or two, new items, abilities, some kind of new feature...it seems to me that, while making a new Awesomenaut seems very difficult, paying more than $2 more a single character seems a bit overkill.

My proposed DLC system:
Bundle 1: Includes X, X's Home Planet, new items for all Awesomenauts and, replay capability!
Costs $10

I don't know, just my two cents.

_________________
My Steam Account: byZach
My YouTube Channel: Z13J
Road to Prestige - Season 3
Awesomenauts Guitar Covers


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesomeness of Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:23 pm
Posts: 75
Well as long as people without the character DLC can play with people who have brought the character, I'm fine with them being payed DLC. You alway have to consider what the audience at large want, so putting out free character DLC might not even give more incentive for people to buy the game, as long as there not ridiculously OP, that would just drive people away from the game. Of course all these opinion come from people really hyped about the game, as opposed to the large number of people who are just gonna get it on a whim. Maybe have a few free character along with some paying one.

Above all else thought, I'm really hoping for some free new map (both in layout and concept). The reason why I'd rather they be free is to not split the player base between those with the map and those without. So if the "price" for the free map is payed character, that seems just fine for me.

Also, be careful not to make older character obsolete, LoL does this a lot, where old character become worthless since there ability are either all in another character with some more or there ability makes other character ability worthless.

Talking about a character with a field that make healing impossible, that might not really work because you'd either end up against a team with no heal and you'd feel useless or a team with heal and you'd be OP, meaning the match outcome would be partly determined before it start. Leon is also kinda the heal killer.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next

cron