Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Regarding DLC
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:23 am 

I was thinking since the Ps3 version of Awesomenauts will be free (for many Ps3 owners), that the first DLC of Awesomenauts will be free only for the 360 version, and the Ps3 version will have the first DLC paid for. Since the Ps3 will have a larger installed base (most likely) due to being free and having never paid for it (well very little, but in most peoples minds they think it's free) in the first place, they would be more willing to pay for the DLC, whereas with the 360 version people may be iffy about buying the game in the first place, but knowing that there is free DLC with additional characters may push them into buying it.

You guys may already have your plans set and unable to change things at this point, but this is just a business idea I'm throwing out there, I don't mind either way. :P

Post subject: Re: Regarding DLC
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:41 am 

I don't think there's a lot of PSN plus user, even being free, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end the majority of people who get it on PSN end up paying for it.

Having DLC on one platform being paying and free on another is just opening a can of all kind of bad. Much better both financially and for public image to just have it paid for both side.