Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Problems with DTP
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:15 pm 

Well, there's still the countdown on the main site, soooo yeah. Hopefully they'll release it anyway. I mean, the game is done, and they JUST announced a few days ago that it would be free with PS Plus. How did they not know about this until recently? Surely they HAD to have known they would be insolvent long before bringing it to PS Plus and going through that whole shebang...

:shock:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 pm 

That really sucks. I think it's a bigger let down for Ronimo than for us. Sure we've waited a while for the game, but if we don't get it our world won't collapse (maybe :cry: ) but for people from Ronimo it's a big deal. It's about their work, money and time. I really hope that game will launch on 1st - 2nd May not for us, gamers but for you Ronimo team. Good luck to all of us!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 pm 

NO!!! u guys cant do this to me! ive been waiting for this game to come out for soooo long and now i read about the issues with dtp on IGN. i really hope everything works out and it will still be released on PSN tomorrow, otherwise im gonna be really :cry: and :x

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:58 pm 

*****UPDATE*****

According to Playstation's official Twitter, Awesomenauts has been confirmed for PSN tomorrow.

*First player to reach above 2000 rating*
*Ranked 1st on PSN May 2nd - 7th.*
*First player to reach 5th prestige on May 5th*

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:02 pm 

Probably good news:

(google translate)
dtp in bankruptcy plan: to continue business and game sales

30.04.2012 17:25 Clock | 278 ° | 0
That the German games publisher dtp is insolvent, PC games had already reported this past weekend. In a press release the company said on Monday that help the pending bankruptcy plan is to continue the business. In addition, they wanted to publish already announced games such as Game of Thrones or Memento Mori second

Dtp entertainment AG has filed with the district court in Hamburg, the bankruptcy plan.
Spread like wildfire since Friday last week the news that the German publisher dtp Entertainment AG was forced to declare bankruptcy (PC Games) reported. At the present month, the management has issued a press release with more details. Frank Brüggemann, CEO of dtp entertainment AG, issues that should be continued successfully with the help of the district court declared bankruptcy, the company plan. "With Dr. Thies Tjark we have found an experienced administrator who is an expert in bankruptcy plan," writes Brueggemann.

His colleague Steffen Hippe, Director of Sales and Marketing, announced also that the sale is expected to continue to run the games already published by dtp. In addition, the company wants the title already announced Memento Mori 2, Alarm for Cobra 11 - "publish as scheduled and continue to work successfully with international partners" and Undercover Game of Thrones. More titles are not mentioned in the press release, was to demand indicated that more information could only be done in consultation with the administrator. More information will be released in the coming days.

http://www.pcgames.de/dtp-Firma-16860/News/dtp-in-Planinsolvenz-Unternehmen-und-Spiele-Verkauf-sollen-fortgefuehrt-werden-880904/

Quote:
His colleague Steffen Hippe, Director of Sales and Marketing, announced also that the sale is expected to continue to run the games already published by dtp. In addition, the company wants the title already announced Memento Mori 2, Alarm for Cobra 11 - "publish as scheduled and continue to work successfully with international partners" and Undercover Game of Thrones

So they will probably continue with releasing games (the games listed above are the most popular), also Awesomenauts.

Quote:
In a press release the company said on Monday that help the pending bankruptcy plan is to continue the business. In addition, they wanted to publish already announced games such as Game of Thrones or Memento Mori second

So the ''bankruptcy'' is just a business plan to continue. Not the best business plan in thousand years but if they can survive this disaster, it's a great thing. ;)

EDIT: Wait, what did I just read?

Quote:
@PlayStation (Twitter)
We can confirm that Awesomenauts will publish tomorrow on PSN in N. America and will be free for PS Plus subscribers

North America?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:08 pm 

FabianB wrote:
Probably good news:

(google translate)
dtp in bankruptcy plan: to continue business and game sales

30.04.2012 17:25 Clock | 278 ° | 0
That the German games publisher dtp is insolvent, PC games had already reported this past weekend. In a press release the company said on Monday that help the pending bankruptcy plan is to continue the business. In addition, they wanted to publish already announced games such as Game of Thrones or Memento Mori second

Dtp entertainment AG has filed with the district court in Hamburg, the bankruptcy plan.
Spread like wildfire since Friday last week the news that the German publisher dtp Entertainment AG was forced to declare bankruptcy (PC Games) reported. At the present month, the management has issued a press release with more details. Frank Brüggemann, CEO of dtp entertainment AG, issues that should be continued successfully with the help of the district court declared bankruptcy, the company plan. "With Dr. Thies Tjark we have found an experienced administrator who is an expert in bankruptcy plan," writes Brueggemann.

His colleague Steffen Hippe, Director of Sales and Marketing, announced also that the sale is expected to continue to run the games already published by dtp. In addition, the company wants the title already announced Memento Mori 2, Alarm for Cobra 11 - "publish as scheduled and continue to work successfully with international partners" and Undercover Game of Thrones. More titles are not mentioned in the press release, was to demand indicated that more information could only be done in consultation with the administrator. More information will be released in the coming days.

http://www.pcgames.de/dtp-Firma-16860/News/dtp-in-Planinsolvenz-Unternehmen-und-Spiele-Verkauf-sollen-fortgefuehrt-werden-880904/

Quote:
His colleague Steffen Hippe, Director of Sales and Marketing, announced also that the sale is expected to continue to run the games already published by dtp. In addition, the company wants the title already announced Memento Mori 2, Alarm for Cobra 11 - "publish as scheduled and continue to work successfully with international partners" and Undercover Game of Thrones

So they will probably continue with releasing games (the games listed above are the most popular), also Awesomenauts.

Quote:
In a press release the company said on Monday that help the pending bankruptcy plan is to continue the business. In addition, they wanted to publish already announced games such as Game of Thrones or Memento Mori second

So the ''bankruptcy'' is just a business plan to continue. Not the best business plan in thousand years but if they can survive this disaster, it's a great thing. ;)

EDIT: Wait, what did I just read?

Quote:
@PlayStation (Twitter)
We can confirm that Awesomenauts will publish tomorrow on PSN in N. America and will be free for PS Plus subscribers

North America?

Man, this is a great thing to hear.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:15 pm 

@Procyo Yea, it is. If I just read that article, I'm just thinking of a business strategy.

But another thing which looks bad,.. the developers. They don't post any messages about this going on. Thats a really bad sign. Co'mon guys, share you're feelings to the fans. I'm sure you guys read this forum everyday.

But this is also very strange:

@PlayStation (Twitter)

That twitter account is international? So, why are they saying North America? I don't get it.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:23 pm 

Seeing as how the insolvency is being filed in Europe, there may be different regulations they have to follow in regards to releases. Hopefully it will be released worldwide soon.

/r/Awesomenauts Moderator
Steam: EMBigMoose
PSN: EMBigMoose

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:33 pm 

FabianB wrote:
@Procyo Yea, it is. If I just read that article, I'm just thinking of a business strategy.
But this is also very strange:

@PlayStation (Twitter)

That twitter account is international? So, why are they saying North America? I don't get it.

No, it's not international it's part of SCEA. I really hope there will be no problems for EU users...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm 

I can't imagine they would only release it on PSN. Also in this situation.
If PSN confirms the game will release tomorrow, it will also release on XBLA.
Microsoft just don't confirm rumors. :P