Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: IGN Review
 Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:51 am 

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/122/1224120p1.html

Does anyone else read this, and feel like he was spiteful on the fact that he got stomped, so he lowered the score? Also one of his major complaints is that the characters you unlock are more powerful. Even if that's true, isn't too early to tell?

Post subject: Re: IGN Review
 Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:07 am 

Well the other character can be unlocked in less than an hour for clunk, who's the only one with real firepower capacity, the other two aren't very good at killing, at least nowhere near strong enough to be considered imbalance. There really locked because there a lot more complex than the starting one and unless the skill difference is huge they won't be able to stomp you.

Biggest problem thought is that the review is based on beta rather than actual game, so the player he's fighting against are very different than current game.

Not a very good review, people would think that there's a bunch of vastly more powerful unlock able character when there are just three and they can be unlocked very fast, maybe 5 hour at most for yuri.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:48 am 

Leon wrote:
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/122/1224120p1.html

Does anyone else read this, and feel like he was spiteful on the fact that he got stomped, so he lowered the score? Also one of his major complaints is that the characters you unlock are more powerful. Even if that's true, isn't too early to tell?

Honestly this is why I try to stay away from reviewers like IGN. The very fact that he says "the characters you get later are way strong then the beginning characters", discredits the review. You cannot, I repeat cannot, understand the state of a game balance wise with just a day or a week of playing it. Maybe the character where way stronger because he was not use to play against them?

If, like some said, review this game from a beta that just tops it off.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:39 am 

I can see where he is coming from though. I find it a little hard to deal with Yuri at times, and it could easily be seen as him being overpower. I think that it is probably that I'm not used to having to play against him. I've only seen him in two games, so I haven't figured out the best way to kill him.

/r/Awesomenauts Moderator
Steam: EMBigMoose
PSN: EMBigMoose

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:13 am 

Idiotic Game News

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:57 am 

Yuri is hard for me to deal with, solely because of flight. Hard to hit a flying target for me. D: I have issues when I'm flying with him too. I always try to jump away from danger... which doesn't work with him. xP

Plus, by the time you unlock these other characters you've got more experience in general with the game and the levels. So you're going to be better overall as a player too. So it'll seem that all these new characters they get are just 'so much' better, but most likely it's just the player being better and more familiar with things.

Add to that the fact they've more than likely played all 3 starter characters before, so know how they work even if just a little.

I think the balancing is pretty damn good so far. We'll see as things go on and I see more of the later upgrades.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:17 am 

I think it's hilarious that you pointed that out Leon, because I actually felt very much the same way. Getting your butt kicked or saying that you need to spend hours of practice to be any good and keep up is something solely based on the skill level and practice of the person playing. I'd wager that if I jumped online right now and started playing (any) racing game, I would get annihilated and completely left in the dust because I have never played them! I need to spend some time with the game before I can starting pointing fingers - but I did get that tone of "I did bad so the game is bad"...we will see.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:52 am 

Waaah?! Mainstream reviewers issuing a bad review for a game because they were terrible at it?! That's never happened before: Bloodrayne Betrayal, Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, Lost Planet 2, Under Siege, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, etc. etc. etc. :p

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:02 am 

Based on reading the review, you'd think the reviewer would at least give it an 8, but suddenly "7/10? He was just praising the hell out of this game :x "