Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: First impressions and Suggestions to this Awesome Game!
 Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:18 am 

Suggestions

Lobby System- Although i love the quick join in of games, I do not however, like the huge defeat screen nor the loses to my account receives when I only get to play 30 sec of a match in progress I just joined. I feel like Quick match should allow people to jump in match but if you go to the battle section it should send you to a matchmaking lobby.

K/D/A- I would love to be able to see my kill/death/assist and I'm sure many people would as well this is sort of self explanatory. And while we are on the subject of adding things to the leader board I would love to see how many games i won and lost not just my win % and games played.

Clan System
- Nothing major just a second friends list with a clan logo. At least imply a clan tag who would not love to show off there clan.

Assist by turrets
- should at least give you the kill if you have implemented 50% or more of the damage before the turret want to kill steal. I punish people next to a turret and 50% i have nothing to show for it.

Gameplay playback- This maybe asking for to much but its a MOBA how will i be able to see what I did wrong or how to better myself without replay. Lets say this game has a tournament how would teams be able to work on strats and see what they did wrong without a cap card.

Refine Search Games Option- This should help you refine your search for better games want to play with people with only mics check the box. want to play with people near your skill level check the box. This would help people search for quick games with things they want or close to it.

First Impressions

I my same like i am ranting but these features would be able to make this game a tad bit or a lot better in my opinion. There is nothing wrong with the game the way it is now everything works and no lag which is surprising and awesome. This game has many positives and hardly any negatives going for it. The characters are so balanced and beautifully designed. Awesomenauts may have just paved the way and opened the floodgate for MOBA style games to come to consoles. This game is addictive and amazing and best of all free for PS+ users, however, i wish i could donate money to this awesome dev team for taking the chance and making fun games. Let me know what this community thinks of this write up. Overall and 8.5/10

Post subject: Re: First impressions and Suggestions to this Awesome Game!
 Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:29 am 

Lobby System - I agree that getting losses quickly like that is a pain, but maybe there is another way to avoid it rather than just a lobby system. I love lobby systems, but I think the set up that Ronimo has right now is works just fine. Maybe an alternate to this would be that a game is only counted if you play for a certain percentage of the match? Probably somewhere around 50 or 60%?

K/D/A - You can see all your K/D information and number of games played in the Stats screen (Options -> Stats). The problem here is the lack of Assists. Many times I work my butt off on an enemy only to see him get killed by a droid. I think adding an assist feature would be great.

Clan System - I agree that the game needs a sort of internal system for clans and communication. I don't know if we will be able to see that though. It's asking for a lot from a $10 game. Paid DLC maybe?

Turret Assists - See my comment on K/D/A. Need some form of assists in the game.

Gameplay Playback - I would love to see this as well just to see where I need to improve, but again, it's asking for quite a lot from a small developer for a $10 game. Hopefully it can be added with paid DLC?

Refine Search - I like the idea of limiting it to people with mics or people near your skill level. I would definitely appreciate this in the game. Also, Ronimo mentioned somewhere on the internet (I doubt I would be able to find it again) that they might add more game modes. Could also use the search limiter there.

Impressions - I think your score is a little harsh. The game is great! The flaws are minimal. I would give it at least a 9/10.

/r/Awesomenauts Moderator
Steam: EMBigMoose
PSN: EMBigMoose

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:19 am 

No need for scores. It's buy or don't buy. I'd buy this game for 15 or 20, 10 is a steal. And it's a must have to online games library. I'm calling it now, downloadable goty.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:24 am 

True scores are not needed but it would just add a little something you can already see your stats why not your friends. That's all I'm asking. this game is goty imo for downloadable.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:21 am 

Playing as Voltar leaves me unfulfilled with no Assist counter. I know I'm assisting in killing with some of the upgrades I'm using, but I don't know to what extent. So unless I get kills, I don't know what kind of damage I'm doing. So I can't know how effective my loadout is for assisting in the offensive stuff.

I hope they add that in.