Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Reasons this game could be Huge !
 Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:54 pm 

I've been thinking about how much of a following this game could or will have and I've been having really good feelings about this game. It doesn't happen often that I feel this way, but here are some reasons why I feel this game is worth investing into and playing for a while.

* No games like this on xbox or xbox live.....which makes it unique

* only $10.00 - 800 msp

* 6 characters instead of 3 ( which most games have ) plus the upcoming DLC characters.

* The was a decent following for Monday Night Combat and nobody plays that anymore nor have they for a while, so I'm assuming once some of those people who used to play that find out about this game they might give it a shot as it plays sort of like a 2d side scrolling version of it. ( maybe 70% similar game )

* Lack of good summer games being released will allow this to hold a corner of the market on xbox live for a few months at least until halo 4 and new cod and others get released.

* It's really fun. Not just kind of fun, but sit in front of your tv for 8 hours straight because you are addicted to the game type of fun.

* One of the better music soundtracks you will hear in a game, in the last 15 years.

* Game play is very smooth and I've experienced no lag. Frame rate is smooth and virtually bug free.

* So far....no game changing cheap tactics.

* Tons of hidden depth to this game. So many strategies and tactics have yet to be discovered.

* Length of games. I feel like I'm getting more money's worth each game. It's not these quick little 5 minute matches or something, yet it doesn't drag out forever and ever. It's got a great pacing to it and keeps you active and focused.

* The way the maps are and the way the game is, it leads to good back and forth momentum swings which don't feel cheap, but rather well earned or deserved.

So yea these are just a few reasons why I feel this game will develop a pretty big following, and maintain that following for while. I play games all the time, love em, but there really is nothing like the Awesomenauts experience on the Xbox console as of right now.

Post subject: Re: Reasons this game could be Huge !
 Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:08 pm 

I believe the summer will either make or break the game. Because this month alone has Max Payne, Ghost Recon, Starhawk and Dragon's Dogma to name a few. But other than that, the summer is empty.

If it isn't going to continue to grow past summer, then it will be tough to maintain a fan base with all the big releases that always hit in Q4. RE:6, CoD, Assassin's Creed. Plus; Most people will be back in school and whatever free time they have to play games might not go towards Awesomenauts, they might choose to play the AAA title instead.

That being said, I HOPE for a bright future for Awesomenauts. :D

*First player to reach above 2000 rating*
*Ranked 1st on PSN May 2nd - 7th.*
*First player to reach 5th prestige on May 5th*

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:12 am 

The fall ( sep-dec ) just has so many good highly anticipated releases coming out that I don't expect there to be as many people on for those couple months.

But that being said, this is a different game than AC3, or Halo 4, or Black-ops 2, or borderlands 2......

But yea the Summer is wide open, which is why I think it could actually help it build up a bigger following.

People still game a ton during the summer, and with so few quality releases for the next few months I expect the community to last for quite some time.

I'm just guessing though, as I have no clue, but certain things are in this game's favor.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:34 am 

Speaking of the awesome sound track it available for download?

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 am 

Now people just need to know it exists.

Add "Awesomenauts FL" for easy access to other Awesomenaut players.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:19 am 

With the addition of maps and characters as DLC, this game has the potential to be a very long lasting game. Definitely my favorite Arcade game purchase of the year. It's just sad that Xbox isn't promoting it as much as they should. There aren't enough of these type of games and definitely not at on Xbox other than MNC (which, personally I didn't like).

PLUS.. Who doesn't love 2D!? Love me some Retro gaming.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:37 am 

Tbh I really hope they port to PC... Now hear me out, I'm primarily a console gamer, my PC is reserved mostly for MMO's, RTS games and MOBA's. I think Awesomenauts works fantastically on consoles as it's direct control.

But let's weigh up the pros and cons. Both consoles have a certification process for patches and/or DLC, Microsoft's cert. process is pretty terrible at times and can easily take weeks to approve a simple patch. MS' cert. process has practically killed many lesser known titles unfortunately and that's coming from someone who's primary console is Xbox 360.

Sony's certification process isn't as bad but it still has one whereas PC patches and updates can go live as soon as the developers are happy for them to do so. This allows the devs to really push out content. Now whilst I'd love this game to end up as huge as say DotA or LoL I'm not getting my hopes up and I'm not opposed to a smaller, tighter roster but most MOBA players will agree that new heroes are mostly always something to look forward to within the genre.

I know there are two confirmed characters currently going through balancing testing and we may see a couple more after that but honestly how far can they go with the game? No disrespect to Romino, not saying you guys don't care or support your games but on such strictly structured platforms such as Xbox and Playstation there is a limit to how far you can take a game unless you're putting out a blockbuster hit.

Awesomenauts has already been completely overlooked by many on XBLA because they tried to force their exclusive IP down our necks last Wednesday with Fable Heroes, furthermore the game was free to PS+ subscribers (for the record I am a PS+ subscriber and have downloaded it on there but also purchased it on Xbox 360 since it's my platform of choice for online play as well as to support the developers).

I know that you could argue releasing it on PC wouldn't necessarily make it a success as it'd be going up against established MOBA titles such as HoN, LoL and DotA 2 but at the same time it seems PC players seem to be quite receptive towards new MOBA games, even brand new IP's.

I know I for one would support this game for a long time to come on PC by purchasing new characters and the like.

Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:39 am 

^They already said that some 360 banner ads would be coming up...

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:52 am 

Elvick wrote:
^They already said that some 360 banner ads would be coming up...

Too little too late though? Quite possibly. I run a gaming website and have put up some ads on our site as well as changed the banner/theme to an Awesomenauts one. I think it's down to the community now to push this game more than anything, I sent a message out over LIVE to my whole friends list telling people about the game.

I'm just concerned that anyone who was interested in this game has already picked it up, sure you may get the odd few late comers trickling in but really I can't see the playerbase getting much stronger than it is now, the future of the game is in our hands.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:42 pm 

How's it too little too late? :/ The game hasn't even been out for a week yet.

For all those people will know, the game is new... and for them, it will be... and the game still is new imo.