Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: DLC Release dates
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:21 am 

Flour PowderEMT wrote:
thumbbreakers wrote:
sounds great more is better just dont kill us with the trend of over price dlc please keep the characters free and make the cosmetic stuff payable.

not to get off the main topic, but I do have to say I wouldn't mind paying for new characters, it does take a lot of time and effort to create said characters with the animations, playability, loadouts, and balance issues, as well as anything else that would go into this specific game. almost feels like asking them to work for free when it comes to new stuff like that. but that's my opinion

Add in the fact that creating more characters, means more work to balance the entire game...

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:03 pm 

Artvarg wrote:
Monthly updates? Guess not on Xbox, never seen this before. I heard its a pain in the * with the certification process. Do you actually have to pay Microsoft for every update (thought I heard that somewhere)? Anyway, would definitaly appreciate this.

If the update is small enough, it actually doesn't have to go through as intensive (if any) certification process. But that file size is amazingly small, so I'm not sure if updates via that way are possible. It's built into the system so games can make minute updates for various reasons.

I'm not sure about the paying for update portion. I know Trendy has stated something to that affect when talking of what updates would come to Dungeon Defenders on Xbox, but a lot of the details of that stuff are not to be spoken of, due to contract reasons. No one in the games industry ever likes anyone talking about details of how the money works.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:32 pm 

Flour PowderEMT wrote:
but that's my opinion

And mine too.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm 

The only thing I'm hoping is that we see dlc for this game. I don't want it to be like what happened to MNC, when one map wasn't added to the game, and then a new game gets released and it's PC only. I just hope I do see some dlc in the future.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:46 pm 

Swade9wade wrote:
The only thing I'm hoping is that we see dlc for this game. I don't want it to be like what happened to MNC, when one map wasn't added to the game, and then a new game gets released and it's PC only. I just hope I do see some dlc in the future.

Oh that made me so made, did you ever read those boards the developers treated the 360 fans like garbage, it was disgusting. I immediately stopped playing after they started their whole pc favoritism.

Awesomenauts Character Ideas:
Brick
Socket
Tox
Roboy

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:26 pm 

Man after reading that, I had to take a quick look in their forums, and it just shocked me to see how they treat the 360 fans, and the pc fans mocked them as well. I may play SMNC, but I will so not forgot that.

Like I said, I do hope I see DLC for this game. Hell, if we have to pay for it (four hundred mspoints/five dollars is a good price) then I will probably buy a points card just for getting dlc for this game.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:29 pm 

Brutality wrote:
Swade9wade wrote:

Oh that made me so made, did you ever read those boards the developers treated the 360 fans like garbage, it was disgusting. I immediately stopped playing after they started their whole pc favoritism.

Yeah it's like they completely forgot that that game became famous due to the xbox360 summer of arcade.......
Judging from developer response it seems like they plan on supporting this game long term.

Awesomenauts Character Ideas:
Brick
Socket
Tox
Roboy

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 pm 

Swade9wade wrote:

Difference being that there is no PC version here to take precedent...

I don't think Ronimo would do that even if there was a PC version though. Not all developers are like that.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:48 am 

i remember that.

I played that game for like 2 months pretty hardcore and then when I learned nothing new was going to be added and the game became a rush fest I just gave up.

It was fun for a while but they never had any intentions of supporting it more on xbox.

I don't blame all developers though.

Having to pay $10,000 to release new DLC after your first free DLC release is just a stupid business practice.

Holds back all the indie and smaller developers from keeping game communities and support going strong because they can't really afford to.

SO I'll take what I can get from Ronimo knowing they are somewhat new and smaller company, they may only be able to put so much money into future DLC content.

In my opinion they should release the 2 new DLC characters free or really cheap first and then for their second DLC ( hoping there is one and they can afford it ) they should release 2 more characters and 1-2 more maps, and charge $5.00 for it.