Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Taunting
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:34 pm 

Something I would love to see is a re-vamped taunting system. Something more akin to the way taunting works in (Super)Monday Night Combat. If you haven't played that game basically you can taunt whenever you want but if you taunt right after a kill ,the person you killed has to actually watch the taunt and you get a bit more money for doing it. It makes it a bit more meaningful Now in MNC you have a short animation while taunting so you're at a disadvantage but you get more money for it.

Maybe have the same thing where taunting actually has you stop and do a short animation or something that the killed party has to watch.

I just love taunting after a good kill or when i really make some one retreat real bad and as it stands now people can just taunt back which i think is kinda dumb.

Just an idea i had let me know if you feel the same way or have any ideas to better the taunts.

Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 pm 

Is there any point to taunting in this game, or is it just a * move? More solar per kill?

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:30 pm 

I actually really like the idea. Make taunts a little animation and reward slightly more money for taunting after a kill. I always loved that about SMNC

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 pm 

Agreed.

Taunting is one of the best things in games when done right (Smash Bros., MNC, Team Fortress 2). Although I find this game to be absolutely amazing, I do feel that taunting wasn't quite implemented to it's full position. Although the 'Attack', 'Help', and 'Defend' commands work just fine as small messages and pinpoints on the map, Taunt should be something else.

A small animation would be cool - that would be enough to satisfy my taunting needs. An additional +20~ solar would be awesome[naut].

Quote:
"Droids will spawn in 5 seco-DROIDS HAVE SPAWNED"

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:36 pm 

Marv wrote:
Agreed.

Taunting is one of the best things in games when done right (Smash Bros., MNC, Team Fortress 2). Although I find this game to be absolutely amazing, I do feel that taunting wasn't quite implemented to it's full position. Although the 'Attack', 'Help', and 'Defend' commands work just fine as small messages and pinpoints on the map, Taunt should be something else.

A small animation would be cool - that would be enough to satisfy my taunting needs. An additional +20~ solar would be awesome[naut].

+20?!?!?! thats insane, i think a +1 is OK for the funfactor but making it a key element is not right :/

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:38 pm 

QAUKeR--- wrote:
Marv wrote:
Agreed.

+20?!?!?! thats insane, i think a +1 is OK for the funfactor but making it a key element is not right :/

Yea perhaps +20 is a bit overkill. +1 I feel wouldn't be worth the risk though. Maybe +5?

Either way, all I want is the animation. As I said, that is quite satisfying to me. :P

Quote:
"Droids will spawn in 5 seco-DROIDS HAVE SPAWNED"

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:21 am 

Yeah i don't really care about any extra Solar even just kind of want taunts to be more for doing something then just whenever you feel like it. i think a taunt cam would make taunting WAY cooler.

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 am 

I still have no idea how to taunt. I get taunted a lot by other players after they have narrowly escaped me but I'm usually too busy killing their friends at that point to pay much attention xD

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:33 am 

Fox Strongbow wrote:
I still have no idea how to taunt. I get taunted a lot by other players after they have narrowly escaped me but I'm usually too busy killing their friends at that point to pay much attention xD

I usually get taunted by people I kill. I think it's a confusion tactic. It's working.

Baconbits wrote:
Children please.

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:01 am 

I hit it on accident sometimes.

I think, it'd be nice to have an animation for it. Just for the lulz. I don't need any solar reward for it. Yuri doing the hoedown please.