Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Taunting
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 45
Something I would love to see is a re-vamped taunting system. Something more akin to the way taunting works in (Super)Monday Night Combat. If you haven't played that game basically you can taunt whenever you want but if you taunt right after a kill ,the person you killed has to actually watch the taunt and you get a bit more money for doing it. It makes it a bit more meaningful Now in MNC you have a short animation while taunting so you're at a disadvantage but you get more money for it.

Maybe have the same thing where taunting actually has you stop and do a short animation or something that the killed party has to watch.

I just love taunting after a good kill or when i really make some one retreat real bad and as it stands now people can just taunt back which i think is kinda dumb.

Just an idea i had let me know if you feel the same way or have any ideas to better the taunts.

_________________
XboxGT:iheartchainsaw
Steam: iheartchainsaw (nailhead04)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:55 am
Posts: 3
Is there any point to taunting in this game, or is it just a * move? More solar per kill?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:25 am
Posts: 10
I actually really like the idea. Make taunts a little animation and reward slightly more money for taunting after a kill. I always loved that about SMNC

_________________
XBL: Asakura
Cool Runnings - Feel the Rhythm


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:47 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Ribbit IV
Agreed.

Taunting is one of the best things in games when done right (Smash Bros., MNC, Team Fortress 2). Although I find this game to be absolutely amazing, I do feel that taunting wasn't quite implemented to it's full position. Although the 'Attack', 'Help', and 'Defend' commands work just fine as small messages and pinpoints on the map, Taunt should be something else.

A small animation would be cool - that would be enough to satisfy my taunting needs. An additional +20~ solar would be awesome[naut].

_________________
Steam: Super Sentai Roosevelt Franklin
PSN: Marv2K11

Quote:
"Droids will spawn in 5 seco-DROIDS HAVE SPAWNED"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 2:37 pm
Posts: 85
Marv wrote:
Agreed.

Taunting is one of the best things in games when done right (Smash Bros., MNC, Team Fortress 2). Although I find this game to be absolutely amazing, I do feel that taunting wasn't quite implemented to it's full position. Although the 'Attack', 'Help', and 'Defend' commands work just fine as small messages and pinpoints on the map, Taunt should be something else.

A small animation would be cool - that would be enough to satisfy my taunting needs. An additional +20~ solar would be awesome[naut].

+20?!?!?! thats insane, i think a +1 is OK for the funfactor but making it a key element is not right :/

_________________
PSN id: QUAKeR---
Valar Morghulis - Valar dohaeris


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:47 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Ribbit IV
QAUKeR--- wrote:
Marv wrote:
Agreed.

Taunting is one of the best things in games when done right (Smash Bros., MNC, Team Fortress 2). Although I find this game to be absolutely amazing, I do feel that taunting wasn't quite implemented to it's full position. Although the 'Attack', 'Help', and 'Defend' commands work just fine as small messages and pinpoints on the map, Taunt should be something else.

A small animation would be cool - that would be enough to satisfy my taunting needs. An additional +20~ solar would be awesome[naut].

+20?!?!?! thats insane, i think a +1 is OK for the funfactor but making it a key element is not right :/


Yea perhaps +20 is a bit overkill. +1 I feel wouldn't be worth the risk though. Maybe +5?

Either way, all I want is the animation. As I said, that is quite satisfying to me. :P

_________________
Steam: Super Sentai Roosevelt Franklin
PSN: Marv2K11

Quote:
"Droids will spawn in 5 seco-DROIDS HAVE SPAWNED"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 45
Yeah i don't really care about any extra Solar even just kind of want taunts to be more for doing something then just whenever you feel like it. i think a taunt cam would make taunting WAY cooler.

_________________
XboxGT:iheartchainsaw
Steam: iheartchainsaw (nailhead04)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 8:27 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United Kingdom
I still have no idea how to taunt. I get taunted a lot by other players after they have narrowly escaped me but I'm usually too busy killing their friends at that point to pay much attention xD


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 7:34 pm
Posts: 193
Fox Strongbow wrote:
I still have no idea how to taunt. I get taunted a lot by other players after they have narrowly escaped me but I'm usually too busy killing their friends at that point to pay much attention xD


I usually get taunted by people I kill. I think it's a confusion tactic. It's working.

_________________
Gamertag: Auburok
Steam: Auburok

Baconbits wrote:
Children please.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Taunting
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 7:41 am
Posts: 192
I hit it on accident sometimes.

I think, it'd be nice to have an animation for it. Just for the lulz. I don't need any solar reward for it. Yuri doing the hoedown please.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next