Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Pushing a key to ignore platform
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:46 pm 

It might be hard to explain, but would it be possible to have a button that we could just press and as long as it's pressed you ignore platform, so that if you're trying to go down and there's a few floating platform/ledge, you just go right trough them. Right now there's a couple of time where I tried to go down but end up jumping instead :|

So says it could be R3 or one of the shoulder button or something. Or maybe make it so that just pressing the down D-pad make you fall from them

Post subject: Re: Pushing a key to ignore platform
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:54 pm 

I agree this is a good idea, although I disagree that pushing down should make you fall through. I often stand on a platform shooting/healing downwards, where I wouldn't want to fall through.

Might be better to map it to down+x (On the ps3) and then you would need to hold it down if you held x/down or both down.

Nice idea... I had the same issue, but never really gave thought to it (:

Last edited by Fuzia on Tue May 08, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:58 pm 

When I say down, I mean the down key on the D-pad, not the analogue stick. Unless you can control character with the D-pad, never actually tried

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:03 pm 

meiam wrote:
When I say down, I mean the down key on the D-pad, not the analogue stick. Unless you can control character with the D-pad, never actually tried

Commands are mappedto the D-Pad

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:19 pm 

This issue gets me all the time. Sometimes I need to fall through a platform as I land. Having to wait a fraction of a second to land on the platform before dropping down slows me down.

This is frustrating when playing as Lonestar, because I try to drop down through the platform right as I land and I end up doing a double jump instead.

Naturally, its a big help that you can continue holding down and jump to pass through multiple platforms, but it would be great to be able to pass through platforms without landing first.

A "drop" button would be great

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:58 pm 

keep down pressed while droping and press jump the very exact moment you should land on the plataform and thats it :0

i play as lonestar and while thing his double/triple jump could be a problem perosnally i dont remember that happening to me :/

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:19 pm 

This is actually a fantastic idea. It's especially terrible with Lonestar's triple jump, I've had multiple times where I press down+jump just before I land and jump again, aargh!

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 pm 

God yes... I would love this. Plenty of unused buttons at the moment that could be used for something like this.

Please.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:16 am 

Imagine Voltar at the end of the jumps, i press down+jump and flat instead fall under the platform. I died a lot of time cause this.

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:40 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

You can also keep jump+down both pressed and fall through several platforms without needing to press again. This helps a lot with series of platforms you are trying to fall through. You need to press jump again for each platform you want to fall through.