Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Awesomenauts is coming to PC & Mac!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:55 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Awesomenauts is coming to PC!

A few years ago we at Ronimo set out to create a great platforming MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game. This resulted in the release of Awesomenauts for XBLA and PSN a few months back. A great looking and addictive sidescrolling MOBA, a first for consoles. But ever since we've shown the first screens and videos, we've been getting tons of requests to also bring this game to PC.

Well, we agree! We love the idea of being able to play Awesomenauts with our friends through Steam using our trusty mice and keyboards. So we went ahead and actually built it! To speed things up we've been getting a lot of help and support from you guys, quickly translating new texts and giving us valuable feedback on the balance and new controls!

Within a month everyone will be able to grab a copy of Awesomenauts on Steam! Soon you will be able to experience the game using your favorite input devices. A Mac version will follow shortly afterwards.

And if that's not soon enough we'll be starting a closed beta within the week! Keep an eye on our facebook to stay up to date.

Check out the announcement trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O18wTCsmxq0

We plan to support all versions of Awesomenauts with updates and new content in the future! Starting with the console patch, which will go live very soon!

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts is coming to PC & Mac!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:08 pm 

Oh snap

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:09 pm 

Called it!

Looking forward to it, although I would not be able to run it on this current laptop, it's still a good announcement, you should stick BETA to the name, people go nuts for things that say they aren't finished (Minecraft, Google, probably a bunch of others).

Also, a significant boost to how many people play this game would make the online a lot better.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:10 pm 

I have this for the 360, but I am so going to get the steam the minute it goes out.

Question: Can we link our console accounts/stats to our steam accounts/stats? Also can I have a chance to sign up for the beta? I love testing stuff. :)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 pm 

All this means is PC will have more nauts because they will stop supporting consoles due to pricing and steam will give them the ability to update for $0. Just like Uber ;)

All i ask is to not make a sequel exclusively on the PC :cry:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:36 pm 

Gunked wrote:
All this means is PC will have more nauts because they will stop supporting consoles due to pricing and steam will give them the ability to update for $0. Just like Uber ;)

All i ask is to not make a sequel exclusively on the PC :cry:

I really don't see them not supporting the console version after a while. If they do well on the steam release (and I will make sure, i will make at least 10-15 people to get it) then they will have the profit to keep the consoles up to date. :)

Also we don't really see sequels for MOBAs.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 pm 

They say they will update both, if you read it, but I think pc can be used more to test patches some earlier, see if there is a big problem, and then go to the consoles.
And really cool that it's coming to steam, will buy it for sure :)
Then I can play AN whenever I want, with my friends (they're pc gamers) with voice chat.. Guess that's going to be more awesome than the console versions for me :)

If you need some people for the beta, I guess almost everyone here including me would like to join :D

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:44 pm 

About a week ago I said Ronimo was my favorite developer, for giving us the free patch for such an awesome game.

Then this came along.

Ronimo, you are one of the few developers who constantly give players what they want, when they want it. I assumed if the PC port was coming, it would be PC only. And you add Mac support? Can I buy a 20-pack?

And Steam support. Christmas is July.

Coming from a Mac user (who would love to Beta test on Mac ^.^), I thank you on behalf of the Mac community. Keep on being Awesome(nauts).

Awesomenauts Guitar Covers

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:04 pm 

Dammit Ronimo, you're making me buy the game again! And possibly for other people!

Seriously though, I'm so hype for this.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:06 pm 

Please don't abandon us console people. Once a game gets to pc, we usually get left in the dust (See Monday Night Combat)

Love you guys.