Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts is coming to PC & Mac!
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:19 am 

Z13J wrote:
Assassinine wrote:
Yeah...call me pessimistic, but i feel the ease of updating on PC and the difficulty of updating on console will mean the death of this game on consoles...

Yeah, I'm not pessimistic either, but the games that promised continual support on consoles never really fulfilled that promise.

Prove me wrong, though, Ronimo!

im waiting for Ronimo to post something like this
Ekanaut wrote:
We fully expected a sh*tstorm from our console players and rightfully so. We’re sorry you feel like we’re kicking you while you’re down but for us to continue as a developer we need to push for changes and be able to sustain ourselves as a development studio. I wish I could say more about ongoing developments, but like you’ve seen with our posts, changes happen fast sometimes and somethings take a lot longer then we think.

And the funny thing is MNC for PC died a while back ago but the console version is still solid. And their new game SMNC isnt getting as much players as expected. dat karma

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:51 am 

Congratulations on making a pc version. Even though I already have this, I will def get for steam. This community needs to grow and this game needs to go big. Great job guys. Please fix the hit boxes for the pc version, oh yeah, the console version too.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 am 

Cross gaming would be sick. Look into that ronimo.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 am 

well that could be because MNC/SMNC isnt really that great as a MOBA. personally, i dont know how they can call it that since it doesnt feel like one AT ALL. the creeps seemed to matter even less than they do in regular MOBAs (talking about creep battles though) and the whole game basically revolved around team fights and shooting. hell, i didnt even know it was a MOBA until someone told me that was what it was supposed to be. i figured it was some kind of third person Team Fortress 2 wannabe. anyways, i hated it. i hope this works out for you guys in the end.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:23 am 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE!?
Why have no one commented on the derpl and coco gameplay?

I need to play herp derp now! His playstyle looks awesome!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:01 am 

i don't like this.

Leon Chameleon kills: 25,000 and counting(PS3)

___R.I.P Consolenauts___

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:57 am 

Question: Do I need to be on facebook to gain access to the closed beta?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:27 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Heegu wrote:
Question: Do I need to be on facebook to gain access to the closed beta?

Beta codes will come available through several sources, but Facebook and Twitter are probably your best bet.

Thane wrote:
Fabian wrote:
Intel GMA 950

Fabian wrote:
Intel GMA 950

Are you serious? I can run a Steam game from my 2006 macbook!? I mean, it runs acceptably!?

I, uhh...

I love you
We haven't tried it on low-end Macbooks yet, but we have a Windows Netbook with a GMA 950 and that runs the game at a consistent 20fps. Definitely not super, but quite playable. These are minimum specs, not recommended specs, after all. Also depends on your processor speed, of course.

The beta will at first only be Windows, by the way. The Mac release is coming a bit later.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:53 pm 

Well, if you wanted somebody to test the absolute minimum of specs for macs, it would be on this laptop. I can't see why it would do any worse of a job than a netbook running windows, but I've been disappointed before. I remember managing to get TF2 to run for about five minutes, I had everything graphical turned off from a preferences file and I had to emulate windows and run that version because the mac version was somehow much slower.

I remember doing testing on a game where you drove tiny cars about themed areas and reporting with every build pretty much that everything looked broken with consistent lag (the past versions worked fine, I was testing an update), it turns out they didn't care if it ran on older hardware or not, adding new lighting and effects that you couldn't turn off that would make a GMA 950 melt. I kept reporting problems that would only come up on the GMA 950 and they would reply that it's working as intended. This game is now pretty big on the mac app store, with no mention of specs.

At least they didn't get me to write music and give them a bunch of home-made sound effects for them to use those sounds and not pay me, but that's a story for another time.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 am 

Cross-platform play is a good question. I know Steam to PS3 is possible, because Portal 2 did it, so that would be awesome, even better if you can link accounts. I'd likely buy it on the PC as well anyway (Particularly since I didn't on the PS3, it was free with PSN). If you can, great.

Will local network play be an option? I'd love to have a private LAN game for this. Would give me something to do in the office with co-workers (I mean, getting work done is so old school).