Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Wanted Features [Beta Related]
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:07 pm 

We will discuss new Awesomenauts features in a beta chat 15.02.2014.
These features are just themes we will discuss, and by no means certain that will make it into the games. The themes we got so far are:

Bounty System:
When someone get a kill, their bounty is increased by 5 Solar. The killer gets this Solar Reward (not 5 extra Solar for entire team).
The Bounty resets upon death. If you kill someone who have killed 5 people without dying, you would then get: 85 Solar.
- Should the numbers be different?
- What if the person with a bounty Suicides. Should it drop on the groud or should the bounty still stay?
- Should bounty be based on level instead of kills?

New Loadout mechanic:
Not just having a fixed loadout, but being able too choose between upgrades in the match. This would make situational upgrades better, and we would maybe have to tweak some upgrades like RBAY, Deflect and BKM.
- Should it be all 6 upgrades or just 4?
- new shop skin. Should we keep it at the same size and let the players "scroll" to the sides, should we make the shop bigger, or should we take them to something that looks more like the current loadout screen?
- Buffing certain things because it's easy to counter them now, or nerfing the counter item instead? (example DoT vs Moon Nectar)

See Map on char pick screen:
I know we will see more Raelynn, Voltar and Skølldirs on AI Station with this change, but you could actually choose what fits you the most instead of nauts on map being based on RNG and luck.

Waiting Menu - Chat and Space from both sides:
This way you could actually chat and discuss stuff with the team mates, while waiting for the match to start. Ofc the "press space to start", would have to be replaced with a "press this button to start" or something like that instead.
By making both teams having to press this button, we wouldn't get as many unfair force starts anymore.

More Achievements:
- Legendary as the different nauts.
- L1 @ end of season
- etc.

Awesomepoints:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26921

What do you people think about these features (Remember that they're just ideas, and by no means sure that they will get into the game. They will be discussed more), and is there some other features you would like to add to the list as well ^^?

r0estir0bbe wrote:
I always imagine daniel_brony to be a butterfly fairy with this look on his face: ^^
:lolstar:

Post subject: Re: Wanted Features [Beta Related]
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:20 pm 
Adminaut

If I remember correctly, Smokey Joe had a better system (in my opinion) than the bounty one. Trying to find it right now. :shrug:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:30 pm 

FishmanDerp wrote:
If I remember correctly, Smokey Joe had a better system (in my opinion) than the bounty one. Trying to find it right now. :shrug:

Nice would love to read through it. As I said:
(Remember that they're just ideas, and by no means sure that they will get into the game. They will be discussed more)
By that I also mean that the idea itself, will be discussed more and both the numbers and the way it's implemented (if implemented), will probably be different ^^

r0estir0bbe wrote:
I always imagine daniel_brony to be a butterfly fairy with this look on his face: ^^

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:38 pm 

Will this be streamed by anyone? (I'm assuming this is just a beta-nauts chat)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:41 pm 

Elion Arro wrote:
Will this be streamed by anyone? (I'm assuming this is just a beta-nauts chat)

Not as I know, but will post the results of it some time tomorrow :)

r0estir0bbe wrote:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:46 pm 
Adminaut

Of course. I agree with any idea that fixes the current snowbally kill reward system. :thumb:

Anyway, my thoughts about the other concepts;
New Loadout Mechanic:
Rather than make a change to accomodate for these situational upgrades, I'd prefer it if these upgrades just up and went away. Never been a fan of RBAY, Fistbump or BKM. It'd be really nice as a custom game option though.

Hard-counter upgrades like Moon Nectar vs. DoT should be looked at. Instead of nerfing the upgrades themselves, we should simply fix their hard-counter-y nature. Make Moon Nectar not clear DoT, for example.

I used to be against this, but now I'm all for it. I'd like to know if I'm heading into Aiguillon as Genji or Voltar. This would probably fix map balance somewhat.

Along with both of these great ideas, allow us to see how many players are actually on our team, rather than just seeing how many are in the game in general. :P

More Achievements:
Gah, just as I've almost gotten all of the achievements! :leoneyes:

Awesomepoints:
+1. That is all.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:51 pm 

There should not be an achievement for getting a certain position on the leaderboards. The leaderboards are broken and some achievement hunters aren't able to get in L1.

Otherwise everything looks fine though.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:55 pm 

daniel_brony wrote:
Bounty System:
When someone get a kill, their bounty is increased by 5 Solar. The killer gets this Solar Reward (not 5 extra Solar for entire team).
The Bounty resets upon death. If you kill someone who have killed 5 people without dying, you would then get: 85 Solar.
- What if the person with a bounty Suicides. Should it drop on the groud or should the bounty still stay?

Rather based on level, characters like Raelynn and Voltar can be 10 levels higher without landing any kill (which is a problem on its own). Also a reverse bounty kill to prevent feeding (players with lower level give less solar).

daniel_brony wrote:
New Loadout mechanic:
Not just having a fixed loadout, but being able too choose between upgrades in the match. This would make situational upgrades better, and we would maybe have to tweak some upgrades like RBAY, Deflect and BKM.
- new shop skin. Should we keep it at the same size and let the players "scroll" to the sides, should we make the shop bigger, or should we take them to something that looks more like the current loadout screen?
- Buffing certain things because it's easy to counter them now, or nerfing the counter item instead? (example DoT vs Moon Nectar)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

daniel_brony wrote:
I know we will see more Raelynn, Voltar and Skølldirs on AI Station with this change, but you could actually choose what fits you the most instead of nauts on map being based on RNG and luck.

I'd like to see this, if only because it will make balancing the map/character relation a necessity. There is no reason to take Rae/Voltar over another character on AI Station if they are two well-designed characters on a well-designed map, is there?

daniel_brony wrote:
This way you could actually chat and discuss stuff with the team mates, while waiting for the match to start. Ofc the "press space to start", would have to be replaced with a "press this button to start" or something like that instead.
By making both teams having to press this button, we wouldn't get as many unfair force starts anymore.

Why making things half-baked ? Just remove force start, matches can only start with 6 players. Also, remove the latejoin.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:00 pm 

daniel_brony wrote:

I feel four would be a better than being able to choose all of them. I'm not quite sure why.

daniel_brony wrote:

Well, seeing as how almost every game I've played in the past month have had at least one of these three, it might as well be implemented.

I go by Bôl now. Feel free to add me.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:05 pm 

daniel_brony wrote:
We will discuss new Awesomenauts features in a beta chat 15.02.2014.
These features are just themes we will discuss, and by no means certain that will make it into the games. The themes we got so far are:

Bounty System: Yes :ayla:
The Bounty resets upon death. If you kill someone who has killed 5 people without dying, you would then get: 85 Solar.
Maybe a slight increase, but I am fine with 5 solar per kill.
You mean if someone suicides so that his team can get the kill?
I don't think someone would do that just to not drop extra solar at a potential death. I think the solar should drop on the ground, suiciding is risky and the enemy team can easily kill the one with a bounty.

Definitely levels. Let's take a look at Voltar, he may be carrying his team, but have a kdr of 0/7.

New Loadout mechanic: Nah :shrug:
I would say 4.
Let the upgrade slots be as big as they are now, and thus increase the shop size by a bit. If you can choose 5 or 6 upgrades, then make it a bit smaller.
A reason why I am not cheering for this is because this requires too much tweaking and the counteracting would be too decisive. Also, don't fix what is not broken.

See Map on char pick screen: :chew:
I have a mixed feeling about this, but I would say yes. Playing against any Voltar/Raelynn/Skolldir comp on AI means a smaller chance of winning :tear:

Waiting Menu - Chat and Space from both sides: Certainly :D

A big YES to this. I would also like an all chat, so you can say "gl hf" beforehand

More Achievements: :leoneyes:
- Legendary as the different nauts.
- L1 @ end of season
- etc.

Not something we desperately need right now, but it would still be nice to see more achievements. But if the Awesomepoint system gets implemented, then we will see a lot of those anyway.
But please don't add situational and leaderboards-related achievements (gotta agree with Buttobi here).

Awesomepoints:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26921

LOTS of work, but definitely worth it. Especially now that Corpit has already contributed that much to the system :rae:
Ronma pls :worship:

What do you people think about these features (Remember that they're just ideas, and by no means sure that they will get into the game. They will be discussed more), and is there some other features you would like to add to the list as well ^^?

And my 1. is still REPLAYS !!!

tourrettturan wrote:
Ask Jakob, he knows how to beat everything.

Standard SoloQ