Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241, 1242  Next

Post subject: Re: Anger Management Thread - Post your frustrating moments
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:25 pm 

I saw a rank 200 and rank 70 000 in the same team. :lolstar: And the rank 70 000 wasnt a smurf account, he actually wasnt able to reach a heal item, because he didnt realize his Skolldir has a double jump. :fist:
Poor guy. But he did get a DoT Kill, from me! I hope it made his day better.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:19 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
I saw a rank 200 and rank 70 000 in the same team. :lolstar: And the rank 70 000 wasnt a smurf account, he actually wasnt able to reach a heal item, because he didnt realize his Skolldir has a double jump. :fist:
Poor guy. But he did get a DoT Kill, from me! I hope it made his day better.

He must have been thinking "well it makes sense that the fat guy can't jump very high"

...oh how wrong he was. :lolstar:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:48 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Wait... what?

Are you serious, or has the joke soared above my head like a magnificent, blimp-piloting eagle?

Nope, that's why report abuse was fixed.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:02 pm 

I think I finally hit my limit today.

After a day of trying various different characters, mostly getting my ass handed to me, and generally hating the experience even when things went decently, I finally said to myself: 'That does it. If the game doesn't make a really good case for itself with this next game, I'm uninstalling.

For a moment I had hope, because I queued into Slow Wolf, of all people.

And then I discovered that our opponents were a Gnaw, a Yoolip, and a Penny I'd played against earlier and only just barely managed to beat.

The resulting match can only be described as 'agonizing'.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: 'when Gnaw is a consistent pick the game is in dire straits'.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:16 am 

team xp is braindead and the game should have never ditched drop-in-drop-out multiplayer.

revert these things and maybe we can squeeze another year out of nauts

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:42 pm 

im ranking 5000. I played against a player who is the 14 best player in the world. He said that theres so few players here in league 1 that the game has to do this or he would not play. Im still *. League 1 should only face league 1 not league 3. That kind of thing makes people uninstall the game and never play again.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:58 am 

Dozenutt wrote:
im ranking 5000. I played against a player who is the 14 best player in the world. He said that theres so few players here in league 1 that the game has to do this or he would not play. Im still *. League 1 should only face league 1 not league 3. That kind of thing makes people uninstall the game and never play again.

There's like, 150 ish people in league 1, because some are alts. Most get a spot and don't play.
There's no other people for them to play against, and you probably had decent teammates.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
Dozenutt wrote:

There's like, 150 ish people in league 1, because some are alts. Most get a spot and don't play.
There's no other people for them to play against, and you probably had decent teammates.

More like there are only 200-300 players left at average. So you will get more and more crazy matchups as the number will keep decreasing.
The only thing you can do is just dealing with it. Besides you won't lose rating at all by losing to some rank 14 guy. As for the winrate - welp, you have to play with a coordinated team all the time to get a good number there, unless you have some insane skills (and I assume you don't if someone from top 20 annoys you so much).

Like I get one known rank 4+5+someone team very frequently. I got used to it but when it happens in my first match of the day it's really depressing.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:43 pm 

Uiomancant wrote:
Dozenutt wrote:

Most are alts or inactive accounts with less than 100 games the entire season (look at the top 3 players this season, as well as 50% of the top 25 having less than 100 games). Due to this severe inactivity and lack of rating decay rate (which would encourage playing), the game has to take any L1 player and give them a base rating; that is, a rank 1 would "appear" the same as a rank 250 in matchmaking for all intents and purposes, or something akin to that.

That being said, you won't lose much rating at all if you fight these people; their actual (and not spoofed) rating is used for win / loss calculations rather than the matchmaking one.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:35 am 

The matchmaking can also spot at least some alt accounts? I have faced godlike rank 10000+ players who have no other games than Awesomenauts, but losing to them only gave me -2.0 ranks or similar.

Not frustrated about this, just an observation. :ix:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241, 1242  Next