Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: 10 lore facts you probably didn't know about Awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:31 pm 

After some examining of back-stories, I found some pretty interesting facts and implications:

10. Spike was probably broken out of prison by Vinnie at some point after the Koi heist, hence the prison outfit. Also his mugshot numbers are attached to his saddle, which means he either did it himself or the prison he went to attached the numbers on the saddle. During battle, Spike does not have the ball and chain or the numbers attached to his saddle, meaning that his splashart image time took place after he was broken out of prison. It is unknown why Spike continues to ride around with a prison cap (most likely to hide a terrible haircut!).

9. In coco's spacelog, she mentions a bunch of robots saying the binary code: "10100111001" which translates into 1337 which means "hacker sp33k". She most likely takes lots of drugs, too.

8. The name "Yuri" is a reference to the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin, who was a Russian Cosmonaut (also a reference to Yuri's cosmonaut skin).

7. The first AI war ended in 3087 because the facility where Voltar worked at "blew up 500 years ago" as said during 3587, the present year of the game. (3587-500=3087)

6. Froggy G's real name is Nate Frogg, which is a reference to Nathaniel Dwayne Hale, or Nate Dogg, who is an American Rapper, singer and actor.

5. Ayla and Penny are/were probably both part of the "Star scouts" implied by Ayla's "Scout's honor" line, and the badges she has in her splash art, and stated in Penny's backstory. Ayla is most likely a former scout, probably during her time with her foster parents, since she had badges in her splash art image which appears to be the moment when she escaped the psychiatric ward.

4. Derpl Zork is nephew to Blabl Zork, the president of Zork industries. This means that Blabl Zork has/had a brother. Derpl's backstory says that Derpl is Blabl's heir, implying that Derpl may have had either absent or deceased parents, and Blabl is Derpl's legal guardian. This also means that Derpl is an only child, since Blabl would have most likely picked someone else as his heir.

3. Gnaw's backstory states that Gnaw was taken and examined by Kremzonian Scientists. This means that Gnaw was taken by Leon's people, as they are the Kremzon.

2. Ayla was once an orphan, implied in her backstory when it says that she was "adopted" by a sweet couple. This means that she probably use to be in the Sunny-daisy alien orphanage (the same orphanage that Ted McPain saved back in 3021 from bloodthirsty dinosoar zombies), because after her foster parents found out about Ayla's power and dark sense of humor, they sent her to the Sunny-dasiy school for social re-adjustment. This also implies that Sunny-Daisy is probably a large company with schools, orphanages, and psychiatric rehab centers.

1. Raelynn is over 600 years old. 19(the probable age when she joined the Skyhawks)+587 years she was in cryostasis (implied when her backstory states that she was in cryostasis for decades, meaning she probably awakened in 3587)+the number of unknown years she spent with Cuddles on missions. The fact that this took place in roughly around the year 3000 means that Ted McPain, Voltar, and Raelynn lived at around the same time (before Ted died in 3021, before Voltar's facility blew up in 3087, and before Raelynn went into cryostasis).

Last edited by TheLivingNightWolf on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 10 lore facts you probably didn't know about Awesomenaut
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:34 pm 

TheLivingNightWolf wrote:
She most likely takes lots of drugs, too.

Where did you get that idea??

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:38 pm 

They tried to make her go to rehab but Coco said, 'No, no, no.' :lolstar:

Thank you for this topic. I enjoyed reading it.

Lydia Barrage:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23472

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:38 pm 

TreyLina wrote:
TheLivingNightWolf wrote:
She most likely takes lots of drugs, too.

Where did you get that idea??

I dunno. She talks like a hippie and most hippies take drugs :kiss:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:43 pm 

Coco and Derpl - what do they have in common? :ayla:

Lydia Barrage:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23472

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:43 pm 

Give me something I genuinely do not know. :P
Did you know that the original Ted died while defending the Sunny-daisy Alien Orphanage (which probably is a different name for the Sunny-daisy School ie. the school that Ayla's been sent to centuries later), which would imply that this school is really damn old.

As is most of the stuff in the Awesomenauts universe, by the looks of it. I mean, you have a fair few nauts that are upwards of hundreds years old (Rae, Voltar, Ted, Sentry), some items have really old dates compared to the present 3587 (3008, 2013, 2558, 3251...)...

wodny wrote:
Coco and Derpl - what do they have in common? :ayla:

They were released in the same patch (and are the only nauts with that distiction, excluding the original 6). :shrug:
Also Coco and SUSI were both voiced by Claire King.

hahahahaha
you're serious aren't you
god dammit

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:45 pm 

Why descending order?
A lot of these are straight from their bio logs.
I'm more interested in such questions as, if Voltar, who seems to have been born after Ted died as he was unfamiliar with him until he found video games starring him, can materialize video game data, why hasn't he rematerialized his body?

"No-one knows Voltar's true motives for participating in the war as a mercenary, but what can be assured is that he's a mastermind with unmatched psychotechnic powers and an * of armed robots that do his every bidding."

He certainly seems like he has a LOT to hide.

Edit: Wow, "ars enal" was censored? Okay :derp:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:53 pm 

DarkDXZ wrote:
Give me something I genuinely do not know. :P
Did you know that the original Ted died while defending the Sunny-daisy Alien Orphanage (which probably is a different name for the Sunny-daisy School

Why would an orphanage also be a school for social re-adjustment? :shady:
Bandwagonman wrote:
Why descending order?

No particular reason.
Bandwagonman wrote:
A lot of these are straight from their bio logs.

Yes, they are! Great observation /sarcasm dont kill me
Bandwagonman wrote:
I'm more interested in such questions as, if Voltar can materialize video game data, why hasn't he rematerialized his body?

Well, that question can't really be answered unless Ronimo gives us more character development for nauts. Also, the purpose of this thread was just to give you some cool facts of putting two and two together FROM the bio logs. :chew:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:41 am 

wodny wrote:
They tried to make her go to rehab but Coco said, 'You can't be, like, serious!' :lolstar:

Thank you for this topic. I enjoyed reading it.

Fixed that for you :kiss:

Randoming my way through prestige 2.
If you see me on your team as Yuri, Derpl, or Skolldir, I am so very sorry.

They told me prestige would be painless qq

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:55 am 

around 500 years ago is a fairly wide area for Voltar's original body to have been destroyed in
if you give or take 20% of that, the earlier 20% reaches an area where Ted is still alive. If Ted and Voltar were alive at the same time, and Voltar's original body was destroyed while Ted was still alive, WHILE VOLTAR WAS ON A STAR-ENCAPSULATING POWER STATION...
Voltar was a researcher on the Starstorm in the first AI War.

Klawbster wrote:
rules of awesomenauts forums:

-no fun allowed in off topic
-le epic memes xD RONMA PLS
-post skin ideas with no art at all
-for some reason relegate all 'hype' into one thread