Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:49 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Portugal
Kngrichard wrote:
Only additional feature I can think of is a login / steam authentication so there is no need for a public profile.


Actually a public profile is always a requirement, even if I added a Login button I would't receive any private information, only the SteamID (from which it's possible to find public information).

Steam does not provide any private information.

_________________
Awesome Reconnect - A Awesomenauts reconnect button!
goncalomb.com - Steam


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:27 pm
Posts: 1816
Location: New York, New York
Yeah, give this man a duck. Also Ronimo has to implement this natively now if a player went out of his way to make it.

_________________
subject_119 wrote:
Also why lonestar can jump higher, run faster, shoot faster, tank more, damage more than almost every one
Lonestar The Six Million Dollar Man


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:39 am
Posts: 47
Couldn't this parse ApplicationNetwork.log to keep up with latest game?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:32 pm
Posts: 9569
Looks nice, I hope you can get a Image for it.

However, the link is not working, (just a telecom page appears), is it just me?

_________________
Steam

tourrettturan wrote:
Ask Jakob, he knows how to beat everything.

Standard SoloQ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:55 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Melbourne, Australia
goncalomb wrote:
Kngrichard wrote:
Only additional feature I can think of is a login / steam authentication so there is no need for a public profile.


Actually a public profile is always a requirement, even if I added a Login button I would't receive any private information, only the SteamID (from which it's possible to find public information).

Steam does not provide any private information.


Yes please.
I'm one of those people who like to keep their steam profile on private, so a login thing woul be good.

_________________
Steam ID: MrRubz97
Team Steam Group: |KB| KickBackk
AwesomeNauts Australian League: Website


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 1875
MrRubz97 wrote:
goncalomb wrote:
Kngrichard wrote:
Only additional feature I can think of is a login / steam authentication so there is no need for a public profile.


Actually a public profile is always a requirement, even if I added a Login button I would't receive any private information, only the SteamID (from which it's possible to find public information).

Steam does not provide any private information.


Yes please.
I'm one of those people who like to keep their steam profile on private, so a login thing woul be good.

He is saying that a login won't help.

If your profile is on private, he can't get the info he needs. Even if you log in to his site.

_________________
Steam


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:59 pm
Posts: 1240
Aw that is a bummer, I would expect the API to be ably to handle private data after logins. Ah well just keeping my profile on public for now then :)

_________________
3HM's team captain.
@3hmnauts | Twitch | Steam
--
Niko wrote:
the same points are being repeated ad infinitum


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 3234
WA_delmaw wrote:
Couldn't this parse ApplicationNetwork.log to keep up with latest game?

Yeah, that should be fairly easy, just parse bottom-up to the first line like this:
Code:
2014-04-29 Tue 00:46:22   18205   Leaving steam lobby:  109775241125899103

And then connect to: steam://joinlobby/204300/lobby_id/your_steam_id

The URI is based on the code from the app and built like this:
steam://joinlobby/app_id/lobby_id/your_steam_id
For games with server IP adresses, the URI looks like this:
steam://connect/server_ip

See in the source index.php at lines 113 and 115.

Edit: This is a great idea! With some time, I'll do something like that. Or if someone else is faster, please do it. A simple command line tool that parses that line and outputs the link is enough.
The own SteamID can be easily be parsed from ApplicationPersistent.log.

_________________
I respectfully disagree.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 pm
Posts: 854
Location: Getting free solar in leon's van.
Beuno alert detected, this is awesome!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [WEB-APP] Awesome Reconnect
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 pm
Posts: 990
Huh,the link don't work anymore for me.

_________________
It the something droid as OP it can be...Expect I'm a squid right now...Or a kid?!
I'm sick of bread,i'll think of a second quote later. /s SPLATOON


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next