Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Patch 3.0.2 LIVE NOW!
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:44 pm 

quick question, is the bug with projectiles dissapearing at death comming to a fix any time soon? is very frustrating with 3 broken characters around and not even being able to see the Totem spawn to trap them after death

3 inside each other.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:59 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Entin wrote:
quick question, is the bug with projectiles dissapearing at death comming to a fix any time soon? is very frustrating with 3 broken characters around and not even being able to see the Totem spawn to trap them after death

We actually thought we fixed those recently. Could you send me a replay that shows this happening? Please ZIP it and email to to joost@ronimo-games.com.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:20 pm 

Chucho can dismount his bike and the bike turret will be there and shooting peeps and visable but chucho will still be invs

"unreasonably aggressive and nasty" - doofball :raehands:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:36 am 

Lol. One of Jimmy's upgrades still does literally nothing at all. Not even going to mention it anymore. I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually.

Last edited by Xei on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:39 am 

Joost wrote:
Ted McPain
-Fixed stealth not breaking when shooting Airstrike and switching to Shotgun at the same time.

Oh hey look the fixed the thing that was broken for ages :derp:

RIP moving while detonating though, can we add that onto boom gas as well or something?
Sounds like something that should be in the game regardless at some point, such a convenient thing above all else

Also I think skull plate trophy is STILL broken XD

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:53 am 

Still no Rocco AA Lock-up fix, siiiiighhhh.. :chucho:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:45 am 

Joost wrote:
Entin wrote:

We actually thought we fixed those recently. Could you send me a replay that shows this happening? Please ZIP it and email to to joost@ronimo-games.com.

there, just two matches with bots, one as Skree and another as Coco, both still have this issue, particularly Skree

3 inside each other.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:49 pm 

Jimmy feels a lot more balanced now. The hitbox on missiles was really annoying before :thumb:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:27 pm 

I thought Jimmy was supposed to be a beginner/intermediate naut. Now you have to play him really well in order to get anything out of hi anymore =P

Then again, I might be mistaken. :shrug:

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:45 pm 

Regarding the projectile on death bug: I've had that a few times with Scoop this patch, hammer just vanishing right after death. Could possibly be a latency thing though. As I've seen a lot of games where I get a heal, die from a too low dmg hit vs the heal, and/or not deal damage with binding. Or vice versa. Like kill someone with binding, yet die at the same time due to not getting the heal. Or get the heal, but not deal damage. (or simply having to wait 8 seconds to get a heal from a creep, because the host is running on a toaster)

Anyhow, so far my impression of the latest patch: The lag and luck advantage are still waaay to big factors over skill. Close to 75 % of all kills I see in game, are solely due to numbers, skill barely accounted for. As one, or several nauts do some dumb move, then solely survive because they had higher numbers. As where if the numbers were balanced, both, or only the ones doing the reckless charge would have died. But now, when you can win on numbers alone if you get lucky with lag/and or situation, or merely cheese. You just get this snowballing where the one that exploits the snowballing mechanic is rewarded.

I am doing a few more games as of now, but up till now, I did ~40 games, and only lost once. (and around 5 of them was fun throughout) And that was due to a reconnecting from a host swap. That game could have gone either way, but was a bit annoying it was decided with a host swap... but yeah. Point being: If you really want to aim for 5-10 min games, please make that an option in the new, upcoming matchmaking. Just have everyone start at max level with free upgrades. That way you can have your short games, and not just have them be all about luck. I do really hope that the new match searching will allow you to browse and/or search for specific game settings. That way we could finally get some games without the pointless solar loss on death going, without them being a massive hassle to get going. It's incredibly boring to see both teams just rush to try and exploit the luck advantage. Even less that people just either RQ, or swap to another game if they can't secure a lead within the first 2-5 minutes.