Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: RankCheck - Automatic leaderboard lookup tool [v1.3]
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:55 am 

Marukyu wrote:
[...]

However, even if you were able to launch RankCheck, Ronimo has made some changes to Awesomenauts that prevent the program from working. I've attempted contacting developers at Ronimo about this, requesting a log entry to be added to the game, containing the SteamID and team of each player when the match begins (which would allow RankCheck to work again without providing an unfair advantage to players who use it), but have not received any further response.

To my knowledge, no such entry is present in Awesomenauts' "ApplicationNetwork" or "ApplicationOther" log files as of version 4.4.2, but I'll release an update for RankCheck if such an entry does indeed get added, including the aforementioned libstdc++ dependency fix for Linux.

Sorry if this has been covered, as i did not look through the thread, but have you looked at using replays? If 'store replays locally' is selected, a file (Replays.info) is created on spawn which contains--among other info--the steam id and team of players. I just took a quick glance tho as usually i have them disabled.

I assume if you were using log files previously, then pulling info from another local resource is also possible?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:15 am 

Stored per-replay Replays.info files do indeed contain the necessary information and I've experimented with using them before, but unfortunately, information on networked players is not written to the file until a later point in time (typically when you exit the game or open the "Watch" menu, though leaving and rejoining the match seems to work as well). For the duration of the match, only the local player is present within the file.

I asked Joost if it would be possible to write the per-replay Replays.info to the disk when a player joins (assuming a race condition related to network connections on match startup is the cause for the missing information), and he responded that doing so would introduce performance issues.

The global Replays.info file in the root Replays folder is only updated when opening the "Watch" menu in-game, and takes several seconds to rebuild.

An alternative method would be parsing the blockData/continuousData files and checking if they contain SteamIDs, but as the format is an undocumented packed bitstream, and may very well not contain any SteamID info at all, this also seems rather infeasible.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:06 pm 

Marukyu wrote:

I have a working workaround for your problem.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ ..TEXT ID HERE.. /friends/players/

contact me by PM for more details.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:50 am 

Thank you for letting me know, ldFxl.

I'm aware of this workaround, but it appears to be rather impractical for use with RankCheck for a few reasons:

• Data inaccuracy: All active Steam connections are displayed (including pingtests during queue time); tunneled connections are missing.
  • Browser interfacing: This data source would require RankCheck to be reimplemented as a browser extension, as a valid Steam login is required to access the page.
  • Possible long-term unreliability: In a short PM exchange with me, developers at Ronimo seem to have expressed interest in turning off this functionality of the Steam website for Awesomenauts.

I'm currently researching alternative approaches to getting the list of current players which do not rely on the Steam website. If nothing else comes up, I might try out the solution you suggested, though it involves a rather large amount of effort to get working somewhat reliably.

Once again, I would like to ask someone at Ronimo to implement log entries listing unobfuscated info for each player at the start of the match (e.g. a log entry with SteamID/team for each player that joins into the game), in order to allow a non-cheaty version of RankCheck to function again.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 pm 

Bumping for support
:bluecheer: :redcheer:

Italian Translator

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:31 pm 

Beautify made yet..scary tool.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE