Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: The SUPER Awesomenauts Dojo - Official Tournament Thread
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:28 am 

ATTENTION COMPETITORS:
It's now set in stone that the FIRST GAME OF QUARTERFINALS will be played the first day (Saturday), with the rest of the games being held the next day (Sunday).

(11/16)
• Today is the LAST DAY TO SIGN UP so don't miss your chance to participate! There's still plenty of spots open!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR THE TOURNAMENT:

• On Saturday Check-ins are 10:00am EST // GMT 15:00
- Games start an hour later (11:00am EST // GMT 16:00)

- To check-in, go to the GROUP PAGE for SUPER Awesomenauts Dojo, and click "Enter Group Chat", within the chat, our moderators/admins will be there. Chat to us when at least three of your members are ready and able to play.

• Do NOT check-in if you don't have at least three members present and ready.
- This screws up our bracket making

******REMEMBER*******
To Advance in the bracket, you NEED to send us the replay code to
awesomenautsdojo@gmail.com

Additionally, any streaming of the games is prohibited, and may end up with consequences.
Likewise, ANY cheating or shady business will also lead to disqualification or penalties.

(With that being said, "cheating" isn't always cheating. Before you make an accusation, talk to our moderators and we'll investigate if someone is lag switching and what-not.)

Oh.... And may the best team win :party:

(11/14)

IN-GAME MEDALS

We've been told officially from Ronimo that there will be THREE TIERS of Dojo medals! Gold, Silver, and Bronze!
- How these are awarded is yet to be decided (for instance, they might not be awarded to all team members, as sometimes the 4th player never actually participates)

Additionally, Sign-ups close THIS THURSDAY so this is your last chance to try and find a team if you haven't yet!!! It's definitely not too late to start practicing.

(10/29)

It's been just a few days since we've announced the tournament, and we already have plenty of team submissions! I know many of you are eager to see who's all competing (so you can scheme against each other :shady: )
....So here's the

LIST OF TEAMS
***We will be trying to update the team entries as much as possible as the days go on****

Btw, if you haven't started scrimming yet, or haven't found a team, I'd recommend you get to work! :glasses:

(10/25)

PICKS/BANS CHANGES
After talking with people who have actually played recently (ive been super busy and haven't even seen Ix/Smiles since the recent patches), we've decided to allow ALL characters to be played, and to change the drafting rules to TRIPLE-BAN, this of course is not set in stone yet though we'll be running some mock-drafts to see the viability of this drafting format.

As explained in the "rules" section, we'll be running with this picks/bans order:
T1 ban
T2 ban
T1 ban
T2 ban
T1 pick
T2 pick
T2 pick
T1 pick
T1 ban
T2 ban
T1 pick
T2 pick

Nautsdrafter has been updated with these new rules! Thanks to 6E!

Though, Q'tara will still be banned as she'll be too recent of a character add to be allowed.

(Further updates to come)

The Awesomenauts Dojo is a series of competitive Awesomenauts Tournaments hosted by me (Mr.Fawx) & my brother (Frogzone), in collaboration with Ronimo, and other tournament staff such as Maslink, Oswald, Uberransy, Pyrocheese, and others! We strive to build the Awesomenauts competitive scene by provided events such as The Awesomenauts Dojo - North America, which was the very first North American Regional (held last September).

The North American Regional had incredible success, as more than 30 teams participated, and one team (Serious Decisions) took home $300 as a Grand Prize.

The SUPER Awesomenauts Dojo is anticipated to be WAY bigger.
• WAY Bigger Prizes
• WAY more competition
• WAY more FUN
('cuz we all play for fun.... RIGHT?! :thumb: :GnawCry: )

This tournament, unlike our first, is GLOBAL.. Meaning ALL teams, no matter where you are, are allowed to participate, so long as you meet the qualifications (see "How to Register" down below for more information)

The game days are spanning two days.
November 18th - First few rounds of games, leading up to the quarterfinals.
November 19th - Top 8 (Quarterfinals)
November 21st - Official Twitch.tv Stream (see "Stream" for further information)

GAME TIMES & CHECK IN:

Check-ins are 10:00am EST // GMT 15:00

GAME TIMES are 11:00am EST // 16:00 GMT

Our reasoning behind dividing the bracket into two weekend days is because we're hoping that the entire tournament can be best-of-three games, or potentially double-elimination, which requires more time, and since this will be a world-wide tournament, and we can't let it run too long in the day. (For each day, we won't be going any longer than 6:00 EST//20:00 GMT)

Step 1:Fill out this survey!

Step 2: Join the Group Page

SIGN-UPS CAP AT 64 TEAMS
So the sooner the better!

PLEASE make sure to include all team member names and STEAM PROFILE LINKS
(Surprisingly a lot of people didn't do this for the regional we had)

Requirements for Entry
• Unlike our regional tourney, The SUPER Awesomenauts Dojo will be a bit more exclusive. This is due to the level of competitiveness and for the sake of time to commence the games. With opening up a tournament to the world, we must unfortunately limit the eligible players to those with more than [u]100 hours of experience.[/u]

LAST DAY OF SIGN-UPS - Nov. 17th @ 6:00pm PST // 19:00 GMT

(If you're on the edge of making the qualifications, we will be lenient to an extent, please contact tournament staff if you'd like to negotiate our qualifications for entering)

Current CONFIRMED Prize Pool: $900.00 USD
:worship: This was all sponsored by the Legendary HEARTSHAPED_NET :worship:

Additionally, we're excited to announce IN-GAME BADGES!!! which Ronimo has promised the winners! :leoneyes:

Additionally, skins, announcers, droppods, and more DLC will be included in the prize pool, and for giveaways during the stream!

Our current prize pool is quite impressive, though it doesn't have to end at $900!
Let us know if you'd like to contribute more by contacting any of our tournament staff.

IMPORTANT: All replay codes of matches and draft links must be sent in to awesomenautsdojo@gmail.com
WINNERS OF EACH MATCH ARE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS STEP
failure to send in the replay(s)/draft links will inhibit advancement in the bracket

Single-elimination UNTIL QUARTERFINALS

Double-elimination for all of Quarterfinals

Best of 3 Series for ALL MATCHES

For the first game, remember that there must be a coin-flip to determine who's T1 or T2 in the first game. After the first match is completed, the LOSERS pick the map and T1 or T2. Remember, the matches are BEST OF THREE.

Again, team number limit is 4.
You cannot stream tournament matches!

Map Pool

The legal stages are the following
-Aiguillon
-Sorona
-Ribbit IV

Banned stages are the following:
-AI Station 404
-AI Station 205
-Starstorm

Banned Characters are the following:
-Q'tara (once she's released)

Drafting rules:

All drafts go through http://nautsdrafter.com/
Select "Dojo" when creating the draft links, and all the correct rules will be set in play.

• No mirrors allowed.
• Bans are two way.
• During the drafting stage of the matches, if inquired, you must tell your opponents who is playing in each game, and who is sitting out.
• Players can only be chosen before the drafting stage

If unfamiliar with the drafting process, it goes as follows:
TRIPLE-BAN Rules

T1 > Veto map
T2 > Veto map

T1 ban
T2 ban
T1 ban
T2 ban
T1 pick
T2 pick
T2 pick
T1 pick
T1 ban
T2 ban
T1 pick
T2 pick

DISCONNECTS:
-If a player disconnects before the 2 minute mark in-game, the whole game can be restarted, if both team captains agree.
-If a player disconnects from a match both teams clear droids only and any fighting or damaging of the turrets will not be allowed. They should be given 3 minutes to reconnect max.
-If said player does not reconnect within 3 minutes the match will go on without the player. They may not be replaced by a substitute for any reason.
-In the rare case steam disconnects everyone. The match must restart with the same map and drafts, you may swap out players in a team of 4 before a match if circumstances occur.

The Official Awesomenauts Dojo Twitch.tv Stream will occur at

12:00pm EST // 16:00 GMT @ http://www.twitch.tv/fawx_

***Currently in need of CASTERS, message me on steam for inquiries***

For ANY questions, add us and message us on steam!

Our Current Tournament Staff:

ADMIN/HOST:
MR.FAWX: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrfawx

CO-HOST & TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
FROGZONE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/enterthefrogzone

HEAD MOD (Contact for any cheating accusations or problems with setting up the games)
UBERRANSY: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Uberransy/

GURU: http://steamcommunity.com/id/joshyboy246/

CREATOR OF NAUTS DRAFTER (in case there are any issues)
6E: http://steamcommunity.com/id/742351254876521/

@MrFawx

Last edited by Fawx on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The SUPER Awesomenauts Dojo - Official Tournament Thread
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:36 am 

Cool!

If only I had a team :shrug:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:38 am 

Hearthshaped_net is a mistery.

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:00 am 

I'm a bit confused with the dates, it says 2 weeks, 18th and 19th at first, then you click on the form and it says both saturdays, 18th and 25th.

Which one is it? Thanks

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:03 am 

I could advertise this tournament on the Scrim Portal if you want. I'd also advise people who are looking for a team or looking to find a possibly easier way of setting up scrims to use it, seeing as it's the only place specifically built for the purpose.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 am 

Anyone looking for a clunk/ jimmy / skolldir / hooker send me a steam message, I wouldn't mind playing a few competetive matches again.
My teamwork is a bit rusty, but it always has been.

Main: Raork(Clunk)

Total kills: 39344
Total Clunk kills: 26305
http://www.twitch.tv/raorkxd

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:09 pm 

Nice char bans, I really like it :thumb:

Nerf Sentry already, srsly...

Enjoying Spec Mode since Q4 2014
Also enjoying HMS since late 2015

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:17 pm 

Banned chars seems a bit weird to me, why smiles? He's just a decent character now after the nerfs imo, you should probably shift your focus to the #1 stack character that is sentry. Every MOBA is going to have top tiers and I don't really know where you draw the line - for instance I think penny is still way up there alongside ix in terms of strength.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:51 pm 

Limiting to 300 hours + seems like a questionable idea.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:58 pm 

Niki wrote:
I'm a bit confused with the dates, it says 2 weeks, 18th and 19th at first, then you click on the form and it says both saturdays, 18th and 25th.

Which one is it? Thanks

Apologies for this!

Its been corrected.
The official tournament dates are during the weekend of the 18th-19th.

Originally we wanted it to span two weekends but it can't work with our schedule. Thanks for alerting us!

@MrFawx