Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What's going on
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:04 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Oh, really?

"Pile of bricks" was a light-hearted jab, as evidenced by the very next line that you so gracefully omitted. Interesting that "several metres of silly string" got no mention—this is party accessory discrimination, I say.

Morrowsaw wrote:
...So I guess in a way you're getting what you want and they're going to do 100% their own balance changes from here on out.

Not in the slightest.

I would love for the game to succeed—mainly so I would not have to face the same premades all the time at ~470 players—but that is hope nonetheless. The last time Ronimo took the reigns of balance back from community sourced suggestions, we had that whole debacle with flinging snares and the Yuri mine changes that caused several of the Yuri mains to spontaneously combust. I challenge anyone here to reason to those three 'Naut's mains that their changes were reasonable and worked.

I would like the balance cooperation to continue.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:03 pm 

it's hard to be postitive about balance when sentry and derpl still ruin the fun of every game they're in.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:38 pm 

Despite not posting much, I read the forums daily even when I'm taking a break from the game. I'm somewhere around 1000 hours into Awesomenauts, which is amazing to me. I've never played a game that much before. I joined right before Nibbs was added to the cast.

It feels like the game is dying. I don't know what Ronimo could do to fix it at this point, but it's hard to want to play a gam, invest your time in it, when it feels like it will be gone soon. I picked up Overwatch on Black Friday (because I'm cheap). I like Awesomenauts better, but it's nice investing time and practice into a game that I know will be around with a thriving community for years from now. The only solution I can see is Awesomenauts 2, with a fresh start. But... Only if lessons are learned from what has happened the last few years with this game.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:37 am 

I admit at one point I was abit toxic even downright devilish at times. So I took a step back to rethink things and I can now say here that I apologize to Ronimo for any insults that I have thrown at them.

Though really I will always love nauts and continue to support from the shadows as usual. This game has helped me relieve stress in hard times with some events I wish I could share on the forum. I won't share because I don't want sympathy and well.......

Anyways we should get Ronimo to do a kickstarter for awesomenauts settings manager and I will personally donate 500 - 1000$. Or do a kickstarter for dedicated servers.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:50 pm 
Adminaut

Honestly it's not just the negative tones the forum gives off.
Sometimes the forum is quite one-track mind. Focuses solely on a specific mentality, view, and if this is not aligned with the same philosophies and beliefs of the company then all we're doing is just not worthwhile. That isn't to say Ronimo would be right to ignore it, but then neither are we right if the vocal minority's majority shows a point of view.

Furthermore negative feedback doesn't mean constructive criticism. There are a lot of times a large amount of the forums is just plain complaining, without being constructive. Things aren't just positive for the sake of niceties, they're there to actually provide scale, comparison, direction: making it meaningful what you wish to get across. If I complain about literally everything I see (and am silent every other time), then all you have is a baseline that I am naturally negative, even if it's good. My feedback becomes worthless.

Also, you can very much use the silent majority. Vocal minority usually refers to people like us: we talk directly, we converse, co-ordinate to some degree, etc. meanwhile a silent majority will hold valuable information but won't communicate it directly. There is however a lot of ways to get silent majority feedback. Looking at in-game statistics is one of them; another is mass opinion polling. From what I've seen, Ronimo values this kind of information a lot.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:35 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
Emo Chapington wrote:
Also, you can very much use the silent majority. Vocal minority usually refers to people like us: we talk directly, we converse, co-ordinate to some degree, etc. meanwhile a silent majority will hold valuable information but won't communicate it directly. There is however a lot of ways to get silent majority feedback. Looking at in-game statistics is one of them; another is mass opinion polling. From what I've seen, Ronimo values this kind of information a lot.

What.

How can someome be said to be a part of a silent group if they then give you their opinion through a medium: here, an opinion poll.

That is the literal, to use that word quite literally, definition of vocal.

Some would also argue that statistics gathered from players constitute feedback, although I would agree that it is not "vocal" per se.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 pm 
Adminaut

The Lord Protector wrote:
What.

How can someome be said to be a part of a silent group if they then give you their opinion through a medium: here, an opinion poll.

That is the literal, to use that word quite literally, definition of vocal.

Some would also argue that statistics gathered from players constitute feedback, although I would agree that it is not "vocal" per se.

Said polls can be implement in very discrete, uninterfering ways. A person is giving feedback, but they're in no way vocal as they're communicating to almost no extent, do not converse, and express minimal views.

If you want a true binary view on "vocal" "silent" then yes they're no longer silent, however such a method reaches out to an extremely wider audience than most "vocal minority" would include, therefore it's fair to say it's gathering data from the "silent majority" by encouraging them to be vocal for that brief moment, even though they'll stay the silent majority.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:58 pm 

Ah yes, I suppose they would still be mainly silent.

Carry on.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 am 

I'm going out on a limb and say that i probably have to have a very high IQ in order to understand how a vocal minority works... which i don't :drool:

By the way, if we're talking about measuring things, why not use metrics? That could work.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:20 pm 

monkeybusiness wrote:
I'm going out on a limb and say that i probably have to have a very high IQ in order to understand how a vocal minority works... which i don't :drool:

By the way, if we're talking about measuring things, why not use metrics? That could work.

Metrics are used. Or at least, they exist.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.