Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Matchmaking (league) stats?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:38 pm 

Hello Ronimo,

I am still always wondering against what league I am playing. Since it isn't a really good idea to show league numbers, is it possible to record the league numbers of every player in a match and save them somewhere save (per match and of course without names)? And publish this stats once a month or something like that (or just once).

It should look something like this but then nicer:

RED: L4 L3 L3 VS BLUE: L3 L3 L3 (Win: BLUE) (Time: 23:34 18/19)* (Kills:24/28)
RED: (L1 L1 L1) VS BLUE L5 L6 L4 (WIN: RED) (Time: 2:00 20/5) (Kills:43/3) (This is a extreme case)

The numbers between brackets should be a premade team.

It should be good to analyse this, because its pretty much a summery of the matchmaking system.

I don't know if this is going to help to improve the matchmaking (I believe that it isn't broken, but I it is acting weird sometimes). There is always a change that there is a solution hidden somewhere and maybe it's in this.

And if this also removes players from the game because they see the possible horrible stats, maybe release it just to a selective group.

It shouldn't be really difficult to implement this since the game has a replay system (assuming with my programming skill knowledge ;P)

I hope you can do something with this. ;)

Greetings,

Reint.

Post subject: Re: Matchmaking (league) stats?
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:49 am 

I'm pretty sure that they do record stats like that on their own. You don't have to tell them that it is useful and important xD

And why should they release these stats? People will only cry about how bad matchmaking is.

Nerf Sentry already, srsly...

Enjoying Spec Mode since Q4 2014
Also enjoying HMS since late 2015

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:58 pm 

Baixst wrote:
I'm pretty sure that they do record stats like that on their own. You don't have to tell them that it is useful and important xD

And why should they release these stats? People will only cry about how bad matchmaking is.
Im just a curious person :P. I would find it interesting, and maybe we could help Ronimo in some way..

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:26 pm 

I would love the League marker to come back to main menu, and have a detailed "+ ... points" after each match, along with a "you gained ... ranks !"

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:50 pm 

They used to also be shown in the scoreboard, but was removed due to people leaving if they saw something like an L1 premade vs their L3/2/3 team (which quite frankly I don't blame)

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:00 pm 

Alijar wrote:
They used to also be shown in the scoreboard, but was removed due to people leaving if they saw something like an L1 premade vs their L3/2/3 team (which quite frankly I don't blame)

I'm always for more transparency rather than hiding things. Besides, people might do less speculation about matchmaking if the actual leagues/rank were shown everytime.. Along with premading or not.

The amount of times I saw a salty player wrongly infer that I was playing in a premade is quite high.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:48 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
potterman28wxcv wrote:
Besides, people might do less speculation about matchmaking if the actual leagues/rank were shown everytime.. Along with premading or not...

What would actually happen is the team of L3 | L3 | L4 would see they are against L1 | L1 | L1 and promptly quit.

Source: every single player that played this game back when we did show leagues on the scoreboard during a match.

I can only imagine how much worse showing premades would be.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:26 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:
Besides, people might do less speculation about matchmaking if the actual leagues/rank were shown everytime.. Along with premading or not...

What would actually happen is the team of L3 | L3 | L4 would see they are against L1 | L1 | L1 and promptly quit.

Source: every single player that played this game back when we did show leagues on the scoreboard during a match.

I can only imagine how much worse showing premades would be.

Your source can't be used as a proper example, because that was pre-Galactron and it was common practice to leave a match back then. I'd even say that in terms of rating gain, it was more efficient to leave a match as soon as you know it's lost..

With the lockout penalty we now have, i don't believe people would leave. On actual L1 premade matches, people will get mad but they do get mad anyway currently ; when you see some well known names against you, you don't need a league indicator to know you're up against a L1 premade. So nothing would change on that. On all the other cases, people will get reassured that the matchmaking does his stuff correctly.

I mean, there's a whole meme about matchmaking being bad going on, but I think it's more of a misconception than anything. Now it's been a while since i last looked up at the ranks of the people i've been matched with, but i saw nothing outstanding.. Or if it happens, it happens rarely. Not everytime like each and every matchmaking post would want you to believe.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:25 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
potterman28wxcv wrote:
Your source can't be used as a proper example, because that was pre-Galactron and it was common practice to leave a match back then. I'd even say that in terms of rating gain, it was more efficient to leave a match as soon as you know it's lost..

It was always worse for your ranking to leave a match than to lose it, if I remember correctly.

I can guarantee you that people will still leave matches because it is exactly what happens in Dota (differet community, I know), and Dota's leaving penalties are almost draconian in comparison to a matchmaking lockout. Now, they might be slightly less likely to—a positive thing—but now that latejoining does not exist, it would ruin the match far more than it did "back in the day".

While it is certainly possible to figure out the leagues of your opponents by knowing who they are, this is no different to simply being told—neither a gain nor a loss, although I suppose it might justify leaving amongst whatever remnants of the new players we still have.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.