Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: You know what I want from Ronimo for Christmas?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:16 am 

A new leaderboard.

I'm sick of losing 30-100 rating per game then beating premades and getting 10 rating. This is a problem, the one thing to play the game for is flawed and the devs seem to be doing nothing to fix this, it's been prevalent for years yet we've never really heard anything from them on it (as far as I know.)

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post subject: Re: You know what I want from Ronimo for Christmas?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:41 am 

Players who care about their rank and Ronimo have a conflict of interest regarding the meaning of the currently overloaded "rating" value on the leaderboards.

Players see rating gain as a reward for performing well and view their rank on the leaderboards as a competitive measure of skill.

Ronimo sees rating purely as a measure of sorting players by skill to provide optimal matches: gaining rating after already having played a lot of matches is hard by design, since sorting players into a stable rating position is the entire point of the algorithm.

A possible solution (at least, better than making the weeks of chaos following season resets a regularly recurring event) is to split the rating number in two: a hidden "matchmaking rating" value that stabilizes as more matches are played, which would be used for matchmaking purposes, and a visible "score" value that decides the rank and league within the leaderboard, with a hard limit on the hidden "confidence" value that controls rating stabilization (i.e. the "gain little, lose a lot" effect experienced by players with high winrates and match counts) in the current algorithm.

Tweaks to improve leaderboard competition, such as rating decay, could then be applied to the "score" value without sacrificing matchmaking quality.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:43 am 

What I wish from Ronimo for Xmas is to get the freedom of making mom jokes to about anyone without the risk of getting banned again!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:35 pm 

Marukyu wrote:
Players who care about their rank and Ronimo have a conflict of interest regarding the meaning of the currently overloaded "rating" value on the leaderboards.

Players see rating gain as a reward for performing well and view their rank on the leaderboards as a competitive measure of skill.

Ronimo sees rating purely as a measure of sorting players by skill to provide optimal matches: gaining rating after already having played a lot of matches is hard by design, since sorting players into a stable rating position is the entire point of the algorithm.

A possible solution (at least, better than making the weeks of chaos following season resets a regularly recurring event) is to split the rating number in two: a hidden "matchmaking rating" value that stabilizes as more matches are played, which would be used for matchmaking purposes, and a visible "score" value that decides the rank and league within the leaderboard, with a hard limit on the hidden "confidence" value that controls rating stabilization (i.e. the "gain little, lose a lot" effect experienced by players with high winrates and match counts) in the current algorithm.

Tweaks to improve leaderboard competition, such as rating decay, could then be applied to the "score" value without sacrificing matchmaking quality.

Exactly this ! I don't think Ronimo understands that passing from League 5 to League 3 was a huge reward in itself. Especially when you start the game, as you climb leagues you only have the motivation to keep going forward.

Now that Leagues are hidden, why would a new player be motivated to keep playing ? To unlock new nauts ? lol

I used my Froggy G for like 200 hours before trying out a new naut. Getting more nauts isn't the problem ; you can do really fine with just 1 or 2 and still get a great deal of fun. The problem is that progression feels stale because there's no progression at all. A newbie will go from winning 10% of matches to winning 20% of matches. Maybe he went from League 8 to League 5 in the process, but does he even know about it ?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 pm 

It would be nice when you lose that number (100) or ranks, that you play against some people that are a bit less good then your previous opponents, so you can win the next 10 games, so you can gain that 100 ranks back.

But yeah, properly a small player base.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 pm 

Leaderboards should literally be hidden at this point, or renamed to "internal Ronimo skill number that should probably be hidden".

What I want:

- Revert the snowball-... ehm XP-System back to the simple solar system we had before. Combine that with a much shorter tutorial for a way more accessible game. I'm sure everybody would love this.

- A quick draft system like nautsdrafter.com before every match (yes, in pubs). Comps are crucial!

- Actual Leaderbaords, not the backend-database of player skill.

This would be my list for this Christmas and for at least the next 5 years, since that's how long I assume it will take Ronimo for these 3 things.

The game has been in a downward spiral since the XP-System and team levels. Even if the game was balanced, SoloQ is a torturous experience to submit yourself to anymore. Idk how blind the devs must be to not understand how these two things are related.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:53 am 

I want them to add Ribbs.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 pm 

I just want a Santa costume Skolldir skin. Please..!

Even though I dont play Skolldir, my least used naut. But Santa costume would encourage me to practice him...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:18 pm 

valentina, complete with a christmas skin where the spear is a peppermint stick and the shield is a sugar cookie