Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Remove Blind From The Game
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:09 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
robochase6000 wrote:
You're probably better replacing it on a case by case basis instead of saying "all blind effects are now ______"

i.e. change smokescreen to a stacking DOT, lazer pointer to amp damage on things that are pointed at during arming, Flashing Lights to a second speed upgrade, etc.

Not suggesting that my examples are the best, but it seems like a more logical approach than just replacing it blindly 8-)

So, ditch the status effect entirely and replace the upgrades?

None of those upgrades are really doing it for me, though—I do not even want to imagine the horror of a lightning ball that travels at 85% the speed of sound.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:24 pm 

putting carriage before the horse here, if blind gets replaced theorycrafting the upgrades can come then, and if that is really the only hesitation people have about blind being replaced then it should rly be replaced lol

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:41 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
putting carriage before the horse here, if blind gets replaced theorycrafting the upgrades can come then, and if that is really the only hesitation people have about blind being replaced then it should rly be replaced lol

How could you replace Blind without first coming up with something to replace it with?

"We're replacing the Blind CC effect with... actually, we thought we'd come up with the replacement after we replaced the effect with the replacement we just said doesn't exist because we haven't yet thought of it."

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:39 pm 

"alright guys, its agreed we should replace blind. alright nwo lets talk about what to replace it with"

well that was easy

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:38 pm 

For all but one character, Blind is super easy to remove. It worked great for Lonestar where Blind was replaced by Bovinian Postcard, a much more fun and creative upgrade that requires skill from the player. Looking back, Blind on Dynamite was a crazy idea. :lolstar:

The only character where Blind is more difficult to replace is :derp: . But I like the idea by Robochase that Smokescreen could have a stackable dot cuz the enemies are inhaling all that Smoke.

We all know this situation: You and the enemy team meet on the battleground ready for an epic fight. Then..... Vinnie pops a smoke cloud. Your screen turns black for 5 seconds so the most reasonable thing you can do is run away. Wow, that was fun, right?

I can only imagine what a disaster Blind effect is in Competetive play when every Team Fight is totally ruined.

To say: "Lets keep Blind in the Game" is like saying "Lets not cure cancer. I like the chance of getting cancer and I like spreading cancer to others. Lets keep the thing that makes existence miserable."

No, I cannot stand for that!!!! I want a better world for my friends and family. :ix:

Some day, I will have children :jimmy: And I dont want them to go "Daddy, daddy. Why is the Blind Effect hurting my eyes? Make it stop. Plsss." :GnawCry:

Therefore, I fight for a better world, a world without Blind where Nauts can teamfight freely. We all must stand united and make our voice heard. :rocco: This way, we can create change and make Nauts a better game for our children and our childrens children. Fight the good fight. Remove Blind from the game. :thumb:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

We fight for a world without Blind where Nauts can teamfight freely. We stand united and make our voices heard. :rocco: This way, we can make Nauts a better game for our children. :jimmy: Fight the good fight. :ix: Remove Blind from the game. :thumb:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:10 pm 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
"alright guys, its agreed we should replace blind. alright nwo lets talk about what to replace it with"

well that was easy

we can replace it for 1 of 3 things:

1:drafts. who cares if a fair amount of upgrades don't do anything if we have drafts?

2: Valentina, featuring a meta changing kit that makes blind useless. with or without her presence.

3: :think: :think: :think:
haua bout 2 replace blind with anothr mislie.

I do have some ideas. Blind, much like 90% of the mechanics in this game, are instantly effective. press a button and either in a few frames, or in the same frame that input is detected, that move will do something.

how about blind having a serious delay before actually becoming unbearable? it would still keep its active frames to an extent, but when it first comes in contact with an enemy, the victim would see the screen turn dark at a slow rate, until it reaches a certain point where the screen can't turn any darker.

I hear people see this as: if the enemy presses this button both you and the game suck :thumb:

But this should pressumably turn it into: the button will make you suck if you stand near its area of effect for too long.

that or we could simply reffer to blind using a different term like. disorientation, daze (which is a pain in the ass in any game its a part of)or micro aggresive area of effect power utility move the F2P 2-D Moba.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:35 pm 

Diz Hydron wrote:
Samsonite58 wrote:
Remove blind from the game
Samsonite58 wrote:
The community univocally agrees and once again appeals to Ronimo to create positive change and make the game better by remving blind.
Edster wrote:
no they don't
Samsonite58 wrote:
I agree with Eddster. The removal of Blind From The Game is long overdue and has been anticipated by the community for many years.

Excuse me what?

Honestly this thread has some merit (even if it shows up once every 3 months) but these few quotes here make me wonder if the OP is just trolling. :huh:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:24 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:
Honestly this thread has some merit (even if it shows up once every 3 months) but these few quotes here make me wonder if the OP is just trolling. :huh:

Im being humorous but Im definitely not trolling. I thought Eddster was being rude by assuming that he could speak for the whole community on this topic after it was already established that Blind has to go. I was therefore trying to steer the topic back to a more productive discussion which worked well.

Im down with Olafs idea that Blind for Vinnies Smoke cloud could be an area denial effect that grows stronger for as long as you "choose" to stay in that area. That is still much better than your screen turning black instantaneously.

We fight for a world without Blind where Nauts can teamfight freely. We stand united and make our voices heard. :rocco: This way, we can make Nauts a better game for our children. :jimmy: Fight the good fight. :ix: Remove Blind from the game. :thumb:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 pm 

Samsonite58 wrote:
Im being humorous but Im definitely not trolling. I thought Eddster was being rude by assuming that he could speak for the whole community on this topic after it was already established that Blind has to go. I was therefore trying to steer the topic back to a more productive discussion which worked well.

Samsonite58 wrote:
...I thought Eddster was being rude by assuming that he could speak for the whole community on this topic after it was already established that Blind has to go...

Samsonite58 wrote:
...speak for the whole community...

Samsonite58 wrote:
...speak for the whole community...

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 pm 

Please stay on topic which is "Why we hate Blind and how it needs to be removed." Thank you!