Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Why does everything in this game 1 shot you?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:28 pm 

To put it simply everything in this game deals too much damage. I get they want the games to be fast but this is not the way. The games are already fast enough because of the no regeneration on towers/base (which is another complaint I have but that is beside this point). This makes the game extremely frustrating to play, everyone just rushes damage on everything and the team that gets 2 kills more or the first tower wins. This happens every game I have even seen a Voltar just rush damage on his droids and 1 shot people and Yoolips just using their dino's and me trying to get under tower but getting 1 shot by these dino's. You can't build health or regeneration because you will fall behind on damage and can't win fights. So it is a lose/lose situation. The game is getting extremely annoying because of this. What I would suggest is to just nerf everyone's damage. Early game there should be no way in a 1v1 someone can kill someone with 1 ability (like Lonestar now does with the piggybank double dynamite damage upgrade). I think we should nerf everyones damage so the game can be fun again.

TL;DR

Everything in the game does too much damage, even supports like Yoolip can 1 shot everyone in the game. People rush damage on every character in the game making the game a lot less fun IMO. Tanks are not safe, you can't build health or regen because you will fall behind in damage. The team that has 2 kills more early or the first tower wins the game 99 out of 100 times.

Post subject: Re: Why does everything in this game 1 shot you?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:20 pm 

Have a look at numbers in Nautsbuilder - https://orikaru.net/nautsbuilder

There's not much (actually nothing) in the game that "1 shots" you. It's usually a combo of some sort, or you already had partially depleted HP going into it.

I do agree that certain aspects of the game are unbalanced, but I don't think nerfing damage across the board is what is needed right now.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:20 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
What do you mean "everyone rushes damage"?

I thought the XP System fixed that!

Did it not fix that?

Guys?

I thought it fixed that!

Was that not its whole point?

To fix damage rushing?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:15 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
What do you mean "everyone rushes damage"?
I thought the XP System fixed that!

Yeah except that early game damage is what the XP system attempted to fix. Especially since an OP Lonestar missile build was roaming around making the push meta a thing, and if I remember right stuff like that isn't an option anymore..., but regardless can we not have another thread resort to bickering about the XP system :aylaroll:

Damage in this game is high yeah. Most skirmishes usually end in low hp or death in most situations this is something that you need to adjust to since attacking while the enemy has their CD's means death could happen either way. Teamfights are all about engagement, and they can end in the blink of an eye. It's a double edged sword it means that getting the team wipes can feel more thrilling then any other MOBA out there, and it can also be anticlimactic to get collapsed on and killed before you can react.

However your comment on tanks is simply not true actually. There are many single target skills in this game, and any of those are blockable by a tank. This is probably the only MOBA where tanks actually tank in general the only difference is that every character has to provide high damage to not be dead weight due to Nauts only having 3 characters not allowing for hyper specialized characters so a tank can deal decent damage and a support can kill and heal

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:27 pm 

Like robochase said, nothing one shot you. But if a full team ganks on you, or even 2v1 in some situation, yes you don't last long.

Awesomenauts has always been like that, and I don't see how it's a "bad" decision. Take Battlerite - same thing. Your health can go down very quickly.

Awesomenauts is a game where you need to anticipate your opponents to avoid these damage sources. Even tanks need to dodge at some point. I don't know which game you played before - I can understand it can be quite a dramatic change. But that's just how Awesomenauts is. It actually gives the game a little something where you need to be aware at 100% of the time ; and that's what gives you satisfaction when you perform that godlike move that allows you to kill someone even though you only had 5% of health left.

As for item variety ; yes damage is important. Just like every other MOBA out there. But not everyone rushes it. It depends on the comps. If I play Scoop and I'm the only one to take damage, I will rush survivability for instance. You could also imagine rushing CCs if you are against mobile nauts.

"the team that gets 2 kills more or the first tower wins" -> Not true. I have plenty of examples where that's not the case. That used to be the case though pre-XP.

"You can't build health or regeneration because you will fall behind on damage and can't win fights" -> If you are the one being focused by the enemy team, it is actually more efficient to build health/regen. Soak more damage for your mates, so that your mates can deal more damage themselves.

"Early game there should be no way in a 1v1 someone can kill someone with 1 ability (like Lonestar now does with the piggybank double dynamite damage upgrade)." -> No one can 1 shot someone else with 1 ability. Prove me wrong with a video.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:35 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
potterman28wxcv wrote:
"Early game there should be no way in a 1v1 someone can kill someone with 1 ability (like Lonestar now does with the piggybank double dynamite damage upgrade)." -> No one can 1 shot someone else with 1 ability. Prove me wrong with a video.

If by "one-shot" we mean "100–0", then Yoolip's dinos deal colossal damage (more than enough to demolish someone) if you are caught in them for the whole duration.

Granted that this is nigh-impossible in practice, but with Dino Training For Dummies (albeit it two abilities at this point for the CC requirement), it becomes trivial to 100–0 someone if they cannot dodge Gripping Gaze.

Obviously, dodging it is easy.

Morrowsaw wrote:
...This is probably the only MOBA where tanks actually tank in general the only difference is that every character has to provide high damage to not be dead weight due to Nauts only having 3 characters not allowing for hyper specialized characters so a tank can deal decent damage and a support can kill and heal

Tanks, in the traditional sense, do not exist in Awesomenauts. Blocking shots with your face is not tanking: being able to block shots with your face and survive is tanking. See HotS for a selection of actually decent tanks (especially Stitches, my god).

This is one of the possible advantages of 5 vs. 5 'Nauts (amongst many disadvantages as well).

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:07 pm 

because, with the way the game is set up and designed, it'd be even easier to just stall and be passive and retreat whenever you take damage
i wouldn't mind instant death combos if it weren't single characters having flowchart ez kill combos

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:47 pm 

Weellll... Clunks Combo can be pretty much 1 shot against some nauts.
I personally do like the game this way. Its like siccors-rock-paper where you need to take your timing well, instead of a slowly hp-grinding game. Fof 2D platformer, this fits better imho.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:49 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Weellll... Clunks Combo can be pretty much 1 shot against some nauts.

But wouldn't that, by definition not be a one-shot? if you require more than one ability to do it, you're already not one-shotting them.
AFAIK, the only thing that can legit one-shot people is the Sorona worm.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:19 pm 

i mean you know exactly what people mean by "1 shot" so why are you bothering to argue about it