Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Why does everything in this game 1 shot you?
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:21 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
kathy wrote:
i mean you know exactly what people mean by "1 shot" so why are you bothering to argue about it

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:56 pm 

rpvarela wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:
Weellll... Clunks Combo can be pretty much 1 shot against some nauts.

But wouldn't that, by definition not be a one-shot? if you require more than one ability to do it, you're already not one-shotting them.
AFAIK, the only thing that can legit one-shot people is the Sorona worm.

Well, if Clunk has snarebite and slow on explosion, landing the snarebite means an Instant kill against quite a few nauts, which doesnt require any more aiming or precisive timing control. Its as close to 1 shotting as it gets in the game (besides map traps).

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:34 pm 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
I mean, Yoolip can reach 2,325 DPS* at base with one ability if he stacks the dinosaurs well enough. That has far more one-shot potential than anything Clunk will ever have—especially when we start using Dino Training for Dummies and Egg Hatcher.

Fortunately, dodging them is about as easy as not picking Yoolip ever.

* Looking at these values on the Wiki, and while I know them to be preposterously high in practice, does each bite actually deal 250 damage, or is that really the DPS value? It seems slightly too much now that I look at it.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:05 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:
Have a look at numbers in Nautsbuilder - https://orikaru.net/nautsbuilder

There's not much (actually nothing) in the game that "1 shots" you. It's usually a combo of some sort, or you already had partially depleted HP going into it.

I do agree that certain aspects of the game are unbalanced, but I don't think nerfing damage across the board is what is needed right now.

^

Also this:
The Lord Protector wrote:
What do you mean "everyone rushes damage"?

I thought the XP System fixed that!

Did it not fix that?

Guys?

I thought it fixed that!

Was that not its whole point?

To fix damage rushing?

>Introduce XP system to fix damage rushing
>Everyone rushes damage harder

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:30 pm 

What constitutes a one shot though, are you describing a one shot as a singular hit that kills instantly? If so then the worm and pit. However the more popular definition of a one shot is dying incredibly quickly within a 1-2 (maybe 3) second window. If we're going by the latter then yes, almost everything can one shot you in this game through combo's, but specific characters can one shot most of the cast in this small window:

So from let's say level 15 onwards using every available damage upgrade and not quirky ones like double airstrike in a 3 second window we have at least these characters 'one shotting' anything short of a dedicated tank ala Deadlift, Clunk, Scoop and Derpl.

-Frog dash/nado with all damage upgrades, nado-initiation is the quicker alternative but is reliant on enemy hp.
-Rae rift on enemy with aa upgrades/hc bomb.
-Clunk bite/explode with salvo.
-Voltar chilli bug one two targets, bomb/aoe damage and explode drones.
-Skolldir with maxed damage.
-Yuri mine stack hehe nerf mine stacking because i have no map awareness xD!!
-Derpl preemptive nuke into snared target with snare cat/fat cat/splitcat.
-Ksenia if fed enough with aa damage and 3rd hit boost.
-Ted stim/shotgun into airstrike then mg.
-Penny combo's with deathlens, not sure about netlens damage output however.
-Sentry preemptively shooting a maxed out bhs then tp'ing onto it.
-Skree saw/aa, damage totem might be needed.
-Nibbs firebreath/orb.
-Dizzy, maybe if you get all her combo off and hit every graf artist shot.

Might've missed some, but these are specially solo one shots. It's a whole new level when it comes to Sentry/Ix/Yoolip based stacks as the just give free kills anyway.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:05 pm 

It's hard to balance nauts for anything other than short skirmishes, because of the short maps and easy sustain. That's part of what makes nauts different from league and stuff.. in those other mobas you have to focus more on laning and trading dmg in seperate lanes, nauts is more about getting a droid wave pushed up and picking someone off or chipping at a tower, all as a team.

Though, I don't think that there are actually too many 1shots in the game. Unless you walk into a clunk combo or get dropped on you usually have time to juke a bit and return dmg. Dps scales better than burst damage for the most part.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 pm 

omnimpotent wrote:
...Dps scales better than burst damage for the most part.

What do you mean?

Abilities that are generally used for constant damage scale better than the burstier ones? Both scale at the same rate uder the XP System.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
rpvarela wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:
Weellll... Clunks Combo can be pretty much 1 shot against some nauts.

But wouldn't that, by definition not be a one-shot? if you require more than one ability to do it, you're already not one-shotting them.
AFAIK, the only thing that can legit one-shot people is the Sorona worm.

Well, if Clunk has snarebite and slow on explosion, landing the snarebite means an Instant kill against quite a few nauts, which doesnt require any more aiming or precisive timing control. Its as close to 1 shotting as it gets in the game (besides map traps).

Also, One-Shot doesn't have to mean literally 1 shot. People in LoL use the term even if they're talking about a Champ using all four of their abilities. It's still done in one skill rotation, one after the other in quick succession, and all originating from one character. The result is going 100-0 in a second or two from one person, therefore you've been "one-shot."

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 pm 

If you want to be really, really precise, "one-shot" would be the usage of one ability to instantly kill an enemy, usually from full (or very close to) health. I cannot speak for LoL, but in Dota 2, Laguna Blade and Finger of Death are about as close to that as you will get.

This does not exist on Awesomenauts, although Flashy Glasses Raelynn, Explode, and Nuke come somewhat close.

"100–0" refers to dealing someone's health as damage over a very quick duration, although not necessarily with a single ability. Again, in Dota 2, Mystic Flare qualifies (against idiots that stand still for 2.4 seconds). Lina's full combo can also 100–0 most squishy heroes, as can someone like Shadow Fiend with well-timed Razes.

This is more common in Awesomenauts, although most 'Nauts that are not Yoolip will struggle with dealing this much damage quickly.

Of course, there is no need to be so precise.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:02 am 

Imagine the amount of frustration caused by Rae being able to do headshots with her snipe:P

IMO "one shot" frustration is caused by players, not the characters. Yes, there is too much gap in skill level required to do lethal damage combos with different characters. For example, Yoolip's dinos+gaze is fairly easy to land on a noob or a tired/drunk/sleepy player, whereas Ksenia's full combo requires a lot of aiming skill and concentration. Same thing everywhere in this game! Clunk's snareplode vs Penny's pulselens, Nibb's fireorb vs Ted's air-pack-shotgun, Lonestar's bullmite vs Sentry's holeburst... But if the first one is a noob and the second one is a pro, it's obvious which one will "oneshot" another.

There shouldn't be any nerfs to the characters. Nerf the players! Killed a noob as a gnaw in 1.5 seconds - pay for that with quadruple cooldown time! :lolstar:

Also there are not-so-oneshotting characters. Both, easy ones and hard af. Compare the level of concentration needed to 100-0 someone with Rocco or Ix. Though in both cases it will take about same time to do (eternity).