Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Interesting stuff from the Ronimo site
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
For me, Portal is very much like Awesomenauts in this sense: while the first one had all the right ingredients and built itself around a strong focal point (portals for one and being a 2D MOBA for the other), its execution lacked the bells and whistles to be considered spectacular.

Of course, Portal was successful in the sense that everything Valve does ends up being successful one way or another because of sheer experience, but I think Ronimo have learned enough from their experiences with Awesomeanauts to go on to develop a much more successful sequel.

This is assuming they play to its strengths instead of, say, lootboxes or Old Crits Leon.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:38 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Of course, Portal was successful in the sense that everything Valve does ends up being successful one way or another because of sheer experience, but I think Ronimo have learned enough from their experiences with Awesomeanauts to go on to develop a much more successful sequel.

This is assuming they play to its strengths instead of, say, lootboxes or Old Crits Leon.

Not to take portal down a peg (it's great), but don't forget that valve runs steam and can easily give their own titles the best promotions. They have zero discoverability/marketing problems because they are the market.

Ronimo could shove a sequel out by making ult abilities or subtly changing one core mechanic, adding a couple new maps and 4 new characters. Capcom does less with their street fighter iterations.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:17 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
robochase6000 wrote:
Not to take portal down a peg (it's great), but don't forget that valve runs steam and can easily give their own titles the best promotions. They have zero discoverability/marketing problems because they are the market.

Indeed.

robochase6000 wrote:
Ronimo could shove a sequel out by making ult abilities or subtly changing one core mechanic, adding a couple new maps and 4 new characters. Capcom does less with their street fighter iterations.

I would not be a fan of ultimates/heroics (mainly because I cannot thrive on my own hypocrisy), but more maps, perhaps.

Decent ones, I mean. Not the whole Startstorm fiasco. Perhaps even a whole new roster of 'Nauts—which, to be honest, could be the current ones with subtle changes or new mechanics.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:58 pm 

Now even the game menu has an advertisement that they are looking for a programmer intern to make development tools. This is interesting, as I would think they have their tools for current Awesomenauts already. Either they are looking to make a new game, or then new features to Awesomenauts to which they dont have enough tools yet, such as single player campaign etc.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:10 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Now even the game menu has an advertisement that they are looking for a programmer intern to make development tools. This is interesting, as I would think they have their tools for current Awesomenauts already. Either they are looking to make a new game, or then new features to Awesomenauts to which they dont have enough tools yet, such as single player campaign etc.

Their silence means to me that they're working on a new game, but can't reveal it yet so they prefer to stay silent.

If it was something Awesomenauts-related, they would have already advertised it in a "What will happen for Awesomenauts in 2018" news

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:43 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:

Their silence means to me that they're working on a new game, but can't reveal it yet so they prefer to stay silent.

If it was something Awesomenauts-related, they would have already advertised it in a "What will happen for Awesomenauts in 2018" news

Yeah, I agree with your thinking. Still, I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt a completely new game from a scratch, but a standalone single player/other spinoff to Awesomenauts.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:01 pm 

If it was something nauts related we'd get another kickstarter and they'd be telling us what it is because they really need anything to create excitement lol