Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Interesting stuff from the Ronimo site
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:58 am 

I get push notifications for Tapatalk saying "hey, check out this trending topic on the awesomenauts forums!" this was one of them. Every damn one is you bums arguing the same poop.Image

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:12 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I mean, feel free to break the endless cycle of nonsense by giving us a different point of view to consider.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:56 am 

Luckytime wrote:
I imagine the amount of criticism and abuse they receive on a daily basis would wear anybody out eventually, making them reluctant to even open their social media accounts. The fact is the bigger something gets, the more criticism it gets, and while some of us actually have backgrounds in game design/testing/development, the number of people spitting their opinions in Ronimo's face with no tact constitutes the vast majority of their feedback. I can't imagine it's all sunshine and roses at their office. Maybe it was at the beginning when people were just excited to have a brand new game to play, but now there are expectations and know-it-all veterans to deal with and while Ronimo has done a phenomenal job with Awesomenauts for the most part, they just aren't the team to take this game to the level that the community wants it to be at. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they don't deserve any of the criticism they get, but all that negativity will inevitably break a company's spirit and make things less enjoyable for everyone. So while progress on the game is slow and frustrating, it's still better than if they stopped working on the game altogether because they finally got fed up with the amount of garbage we throw at them.

Staying positive is really the only thing we can do for Ronimo and Awesomenauts and it's not like they're not trying it themselves. Every stream I can see the wonder and innocence depleting from their faces a little more. They try and act like they're still having fun but I guarantee you it's nothing like it was in 2013 for them.

i agree with this, and i know i get frustrated sometimes with ronimo (especially when it comes to the quality of the bug testing) and its easy to lose sight of this but could def. benefit from trying to remember it a bit more

that said i def. think its time for a new game. would LOVE an awesomenauts 2 in a new engine that makes it easier for them to implement new features without stuff breaking, and introduce mechanics like real diagonals and slopes and stuff like that in the level design. an awesomenauts 2 that has all the lessons learned from the first and doesnt have to play 'catch up' on trying to retain a playerbase would be amazing imo.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
that said i def. think its time for a new game. would LOVE an awesomenauts 2 in a new engine that makes it easier for them to implement new features without stuff breaking, and introduce mechanics like real diagonals and slopes and stuff like that in the level design. an awesomenauts 2 that has all the lessons learned from the first and doesnt have to play 'catch up' on trying to retain a playerbase would be amazing imo.

Ditto.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 pm 

I think at this point it would be better for them to develop a new game and return to an Awesomenauts 2 at a later point. If Game 3 was successful and different from both Swords and Soldiers and Awesomenauts, then it would attract both new players and older players to Ronimo without having the bad blood of what was vs. what it is now.

This would open up a revenue source as well as give them more time to distill what an Awesomenauts 2 would look like then develop it fully as well as give time for older players to give up on the original and feel like a sequel would be worth it.

I am also a fan of moving on for any developer. They can always return to it or update the original more sparingly or decide that MOBAs are no longer the flavor of the day.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 am 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:

That's just the most horrible idea: "Our game isn't successful, so let's make a sequel. That'll do it!"

You really have to let that sentence simmer in...

If the game isn't successful now, how do you propose they will solve this problem by making a sequel? Have you ever heard of a successful part 2 of a movie that flopped? That's ridiculous...

If they couldn't solve this now, they sure as hell won't just magically make a successful part 2. Part 2s are reserved for things that actually were successful. And I'm not only talking about success in a monetary way. I agreed with making a sequel for Swords and Soldiers because that game was successful in the sense that it wasn't very controversial. It was good, just not popular. Awesomenauts has become less and less good over the years and garnered hate and a stream of leaving disgruntled players. Yea, part 2 of a bad movie sure sounds good!

Make another game and for god sake's, don't name it Awesomenauts 2.

... Or you know, revert the XP-system and give us simple drafts.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:42 am 

DeezNauts wrote:
Have you ever heard of a successful part 2 of a movie that flopped? That's ridiculous...

there's a lot of great video games that are massive improvements over mediocre prequels

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:33 am 

There is a lot Ronimo could do with the Awesomenauts characters and world they have.
They dont need to release Awesomenauts 2 now, but single player spinoff games would be great.

Another great company making great looking and fun 2D games is the one making Steamworld Dig and Steamworld Heist games. Both very popular on Steam. Thats the way I would love to see Awesomenauts expanding, while still keeping the original for us.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am 

well deeznuts i guess its a good thing that i dont think/didnt say that the game wasnt successful so

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:35 pm 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
well deeznuts i guess its a good thing that i dont think/didnt say that the game wasnt successful so

Whatever helps you get to sleep at night.