Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: NOW LIVE: Update 4.5.4
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:40 pm 
Adminaut

Gameinsky wrote:
how does that even happen tho

If I had to take a guess, it's they were writing that code for a part of the program but accidentally put it under the wrong file or something along those lines.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:53 pm 
Adminaut

Marukyu wrote:
Basically, the AI action sequence that is supposed to play a skin-specific voice line for killing other pirates also contains a function call that sets Ted's own health to 0.

Very bizarre. I should check AI more often.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:49 pm 

Can we tone done Rocket a bit (more) next patch? Please?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 pm 

hurleybird wrote:
Can we tone done Rocket a bit (more) next patch? Please?

Rocket really needs to be toned down.
There is a small community still actively scrimming currently, and they recently decided to global ban Rocket because he would 100% of the time be first banned by T2. :voltarroll:

Rocket is even more problematic in pubs, because he literally has no counter-play to his harassment and is perfectly save due to the self knockback.

I feel he should be nerfed in such a way that he gains a weakness or downside.
Currently he is "no risk, insane reward". I would prefer it if he were to be "decent risk, insane reward" atleast.
Think about things such as increasing his hitbox or decreasing the self knockback or adding some restriction to the missile into big missile.

tbh I think his entire design is flawed because there is literally 0 risk involved, which just makes it a pain to play against a Rocket.
You would have to make him trash tier for him to ever be balanced in the eyes of most.
Or change his design in such a way, where people can punish a Rocket for making a mistake. :shrug:

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:12 pm 

Okay you can go ahead and nerf him now

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:14 pm 

Not only Rocket, but most of the new characters make the game unfun. Dizzy especially, she really needs to have 3 dashes max, qitara still does insane damage safely, Max can still fly out of reach at crazy speeds with his tiny hitbox, Chucho can still overwhelm you with bomb spam, Sentry still has the easiest-to-land death trap in the game, Derpl can still walk up and place a trap in your face for free. One character at a time I guess.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:19 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Make a list of all the 'Nauts you think are in (desperate) need of being toned down, compare lists, decide on the best list, and then post said list in this thread repeatedly until something is done.

I also thought we'd decided that BHS is not powerful because of its actual impact on the game, but because the threat of Sentry releasing it at any time effectively stops all initiation. I mean, it is fairly powerful anyway, granted.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 pm 

Luckytime wrote:
Not only Rocket, but most of the new characters make the game unfun. Dizzy especially, she really needs to have 3 dashes max, qitara still does insane damage safely, Max can still fly out of reach at crazy speeds with his tiny hitbox, Chucho can still overwhelm you with bomb spam, Sentry still has the easiest-to-land death trap in the game, Derpl can still walk up and place a trap in your face for free. One character at a time I guess.

This is completely subjective from person to person. Honestly most characters in this game are not fun to play against, but they're fun to play themselves. Examples being swiggins and raelynn, nobody really has any fun against them but they can be a laugh to play themselves.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:25 am 

Thijs wrote:
Aiguillon
-Made platforms in hide area in front of the lower turrets sit at the same height.

Just a friendly reminder that this still hasn't been fixed:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:57 pm 

Question: Why does it take ronimo so long to nerf Qitara?
She has been released in December 2017, now we have April 2018 and still no nerf.
DoT is too much and goes by too fast, it's applied very easily. Can't catch Qitara due to her movement and fall speed as well as immunity. The teleporting also makes her invulnerable to burst if timed right. All Qitaras I've seen are teleporting in and out instantly, there hasn't been any Qitara that teleports in to deal AA damage and then get out.

Please rework teleporting on Starstorm portals as well as on characters that use teleporting (Nibbs, Sentry, Qitara) to remove the invulnerability. And please do something about Qitara now. I don't get why Ronimo takes half a year to nerf new characters such as Rocket.