Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ronimo and Awesomenauts in 2018
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:30 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
then maybe say 'a lot of forumers found the renegades bland" instead of lying

I previously wrote:
At any rate, you'll find a lot of "the Renegades are bland" on here—it's where I got "napkin 'Nauts" from, in fact.

As in, "lots of people here are saying it". I thought that was implicit enough by the way I said almost those exact words, just in a slightly different order. By your own admission, it's no word of a lie (unless you're also speaking for the whole forums, which I don't remember consenting to).

exactly. your 1st post, the lie that insinuates everyone thinks the same as you, is what you're justifying with your 2nd post. im telling u to just say what u said in the 2nd post instead of makin * up for the first.

also this last sentence is just my weird compulsion to point out you haven't played the game in half a year/haven't played at least half the renegades. i just cant seem to overcome it!!!!!

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:07 pm 

Robin wrote:
I see quite a bunch of comments that seem to suggest there is community consensus about a couple of in-game issues, but as I don't know which ones those are I can't really comment on them. Help me help you!

I don't know if community consensus agrees with me here, but MY major issue is the extreme focus on adding new characters on a regular basis. I think you're not giving enough time for characters to be balanced (approximately 6 months to a year). Going along with that is the neglect for maps, updating visuals, and squashing bugs. Basically, don't let character hype be the main headline for every update.

This could be a personal issue since I own the all nauts pack already, but when the only thing to get excited for is new characters, my brain starts to expect it and I lose that thrill of not knowing what the next update will bring. Sounds like an addiction, I know :think:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:26 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Shrinky shrink so the other people don't have to suffer as I am:

"You'll find a lot of..." is literally the exact opposite of "I think..."

That might as well be the dictionary definition of diametric opposition—just a printed link to this particular thread. In fact, I can't really conceive a way to be any less opinionated than to say "If you search through the forums, you might find..."

Just because Lord Protector Tiberius hasn't played for some time does not mean I haven't, nor does it mean I don't stream with others that can actually play Dizzy without mincing themselves, which I can't—admittedly, I'm a one-trick (well, three-trick) pony.

Although you can complain about hyprocracy, because I do remember once complaining about alts myself. How the turntables turn tables tables.

On-topic:
Luckytime wrote:
I don't know if community consensus agrees with me here, but MY major issue is the extreme focus on adding new characters on a regular basis. I think you're not giving enough time for characters to be balanced (approximately 6 months to a year). Going along with that is the neglect for maps, updating visuals, and squashing bugs. Basically, don't let character hype be the main headline for every update.

Agree.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:52 pm 

i'm always up for new characters and maps, obviously assuming that they're well made in the first place

what are the significant balance issues that still need addressing?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:08 am 

IMO I think the game is relatively balanced.
Just that all of the nauts have lost flavour and mesh into on gameplay style.

If you were to spend time with the current characters, it wouldn't be to balance them, but to flesh out their mechanics.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:29 am 

So is Gladiator the new guy or no?

Also any form of settings editor paleez :( doesnt even need polish just allow some form of editing in controlled environment.

Also re:balance and bugs...i think sometimes bug fixing can be a great balancing tool itself? Or at least promote fairness

Last edited by stev on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:07 am 
Adminaut

I mean vikings screams Swords and Soldiers but hopefully it's something fresh and/or cooperative so I can play it with the squad.

I look forward to the new 'Naut.

stev wrote:
My inner autist is yearning

Can you not? Even if you are autistic, it's still fairly touchy with people to make remarks like that.

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
also this last sentence is just my weird compulsion to point out you haven't played the game in half a year/haven't played at least half the renegades. i just cant seem to overcome it!!!!!

It does seem rather odd to make bold statements about a game you haven't played for that long but I think he gets it at this point.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 am 

Gameinsky wrote:
IMO I think the game is relatively balanced.
Just that all of the nauts have lost flavour and mesh into on gameplay style.

If you were to spend time with the current characters, it wouldn't be to balance them, but to flesh out their mechanics.

I thought that was the reason people wanted awesomenauts 2.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:51 am 

This is filthy but I'm gonna say it anyway.
Ronimo is a dev studio. Making games is their work, they earn money for it. Now consider this:
- supporting free-to-play game, fixing bugs, etc. when the playerbase decreases every day and most of the players already bought what they wanted... No profit.
- making a new 'naut with skins people can buy for money? That seems much more reasonable. I would go for that option.
This is totally the right way, is it not? I mean Ronimo are great fellas who care about the community and their players but getting profit from their products is even more important.
There's even more. The more money they get the more time and resources they might spend on their old games. So I really can't understand the negativity about upcoming new characters and other stuff.

Awesomenauts 2 would be not a bad idea at all. Just be sure to add a "blatant furry bait" ((C) gamechat) and everything is possible :party: I would buy that... I mean the game...

Keep it up!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:47 pm 

ScR wrote:
This is filthy but I'm gonna say it anyway.
Ronimo is a dev studio. Making games is their work, they earn money for it. Now consider this:
- supporting free-to-play game, fixing bugs, etc. when the playerbase decreases every day and most of the players already bought what they wanted... No profit.
- making a new 'naut with skins people can buy for money? That seems much more reasonable. I would go for that option.
This is totally the right way, is it not? I mean Ronimo are great fellas who care about the community and their players but getting profit from their products is even more important.
There's even more. The more money they get the more time and resources they might spend on their old games. So I really can't understand the negativity about upcoming new characters and other stuff.

Awesomenauts 2 would be not a bad idea at all. Just be sure to add a "blatant furry bait" ((C) gamechat) and everything is possible :party: I would buy that... I mean the game...

Keep it up!

Alternatively you could also create new skins for the existing nauts. Some nauts like Max Focus only have 1 skin.

You could also create skins for droids/turrets

You could also create new stuff to spend Awesomepoints on.