Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Ronimo and Awesomenauts in 2018
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:21 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Hey everyone!

You may have noticed that we've been pretty quiet recently. That's because we were busy planning our roadmap for 2018.

We'd hereby like to announce that in addition to working on Awesomenauts, we'll also be working on other games this year. The first project we'll be taking on in parallel with continued Awesomenauts-development is Viking-themed and will probably surprise few of you (though we hope it will have many of you excited). You can expect more news on that soon!

This doesn't mean that we will stop working on Awesomenauts, however. Here's a quick list:

- Soon, Jasper will start working with you all on a bug fixing and balancing update.
- We've got a new Awesomenaut in the works, and we'll start talking about that after the upcoming bugfixing / balance update.
- We've released a hotfix to fix a critical bug two weeks ago. We'll continue to address issues like that whenever they pop up.
- We're wrapping up a big update for the console version that'll bring it up to speed with the current PC version of 'Nauts in terms of gameplay content. We're days away from setting a release date for this update.
- We intend to relaunch the game in China this year and will be working on technical adaptations to make sure our community members there have a great experience.

We're moving into the sixth year of post-launch support with Awesomenauts, and will be supporting and expanding Awesomenauts for a long time. It just won't be our only project anymore. We are super excited about bringing you more than just Awesomenauts, and intend to start showing you more about what we've got lined up soon.

We intend to be more transparent about what we're doing moving forward, both for Awesomenauts as well as our new plans. If you have any questions about this, let us know in this thread and I'll answer what I can. As most of you know, you can also send me an email at robin@ronimo-games.com if you feel so inclined.

// Ronimo

Post subject: Re: Ronimo and Awesomenauts in 2018
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm 

The first Ronimo update post from 2018and probably one of the best things I could have hoped to have been said.

I wish you good luck on your endaviour and hope that you'll be able to recover from 2017.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:43 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
This seems like just my kind of thread.

Incoming lashings of pessimism. Buckle up.

Robin wrote:
Hey everyone!

You may have noticed that we've been pretty quiet recently. That's because we were busy planning our roadmap for 2018.

The difference between not talking about the future of Awesomenauts because you're still planning it and not talking about anything at all to the detriment of everyone is night and day.

Still, better than nothing.

Robin wrote:
We'd hereby like to announce that in addition to working on Awesomenauts, we'll also be working on other games this year. The first project we'll be taking on in parallel with continued Awesomenauts-development is Viking-themed and will probably surprise few of you (though we hope it will have many of you excited). You can expect more news on that soon!

"Awesomenauts will be receiving even less attention that it is now. Enjoy."

New game might be interesting, though.

Robin wrote:
This doesn't mean that we will stop working on Awesomenauts, however. Here's a quick list:

I'll just save this quote for later.

Robin wrote:
- Soon, Jasper will start working with you all on a bug fixing and balancing update.

That's good. I think.

Robin wrote:
- We've got a new Awesomenaut in the works, and we'll start talking about that after the upcoming bugfixing / balance update.

Oh, and it seems none of you are listening to the literal masses of feedback telling you to not do that exact thing. We don't want more Awesomenauts, we want better Awesomenauts. Ones with more character and thought, not the napkin scribbles the Renegades have been.

Robin wrote:
- We've released a hotfix to fix a critical bug two weeks ago. We'll continue to address issues like that whenever they pop up.

"We'll continue to do what is required of us to keep the game functional."

Robin wrote:
- We're wrapping up a big update for the console version that'll bring it up to speed with the current PC version of 'Nauts in terms of gameplay content. We're days away from setting a release date for this update.

That is more like it.

Robin wrote:
- We intend to relaunch the game in China this year and will be working on technical adaptations to make sure our community members there have a great experience.

I mean, I'm all for a larger playerbase.

Define "great experience".

Robin wrote:
We're moving into the sixth year of post-launch support with Awesomenauts, and will be supporting and expanding Awesomenauts for a long time. It just won't be our only project anymore. We are super excited about bringing you more than just Awesomenauts, and intend to start showing you more about what we've got lined up soon.

"I'm running out of things to say."

Robin wrote:
We intend to be more transparent about what we're doing moving forward, both for Awesomenauts as well as our new plans. If you have any questions about this, let us know in this thread and I'll answer what I can. As most of you know, you can also send me an email at robin@ronimo-games.com if you feel so inclined.

You see, the problem with the whole transparency thing is this must be the third or fourth time you've all said "we're going to be more transparent" and then the exact opposite thing happens.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me for the seventeenth time and I'm going to strangle the Ronimonkey between my thighs while singing something by George Michael.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm 

I'm happy to hear that you will continue to give support to Awesomenauts as well as small updates. I'm a little sad that Awesomenauts won't be your only game anymore (which indirectly means we will see less new stuff in 2018, unless you double your workforce), but on the other hand I can understand the need to move on to something else. Perhaps one day you will come back to Awesomenauts, who knows?

I wish you best of luck for your new Viking-themed game. And thank you so much for having developed Awesomenauts and carried on for so many years.

potty

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm 

:ayla: Happy to see some good news for 2018!

Proof: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=49966
Steam URL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198081609945/

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:03 pm 

Wait, what?! YOU GUYS AREN'T DEAD?! :blabl:

Well, I'm a man of my word.
GuyBrush wrote:
I will reinstall this game if Ronimo gives us anything, ANYTHING other than Radio Silence on what they'll be doing in 2018. :fist:

I'm reinstalling as we speak. Thanks for the late birthday gift Ronimo. :thumb:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:15 pm 

It's nice to know what the dev team has planned for 2018, it was worth the wait. Happy new year as well, i guess.

Also, that new game better be a Skolldir spinoff or else! :fist:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:41 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Thanks for the support everyone!

@The Lord Protector: I can't blame you for being skeptical about things, but there is nothing that I could have posted here that would properly address your frustration. I simply can't fix that with just this one post.

Ever since Awesomenauts has launched, we've been doing our best to make Awesomenauts an awesome game and make the community an awesome place to stay, but in the end we're just a pretty small team and above all: human. Not everything that we've done has been perfect, or even close to that, but we try. We've always taken community input into account, and we'll continue to do so: that's all I can promise you.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:21 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Robin wrote:
@The Lord Protector: I can't blame you for being skeptical about things, but there is nothing that I could have posted here that would properly address your frustration. I simply can't fix that with just this one post.

No one expects you to fix everything with one post—indeed, posting at all is a damn sight better than what we had before, so I can't complain.

All we need now is for some actual direction instead of flailing around trying to reclaim the playerbase by implementing a succession of more desperate measures that failed by most measures.

Robin wrote:
Ever since Awesomenauts has launched, we've been doing our best to make Awesomenauts an awesome game and make the community an awesome place to stay, but in the end we're just a pretty small team and above all: human. Not everything that we've done has been perfect, or even close to that, but we try. We've always taken community input into account, and we'll continue to do so: that's all I can promise you.

This sounds very much to me like trying to deflect the underlying problem off onto something completely out of your hands—being "human". Lots of other humans have done breathtaking things, so it's no excuse. I hear even the incompetent spods at Valve have produced the most commercially successful E-Sport in the history of sport itself, and they can't even balance a goat man with a stupid face.

It would help if we could see you taking "community input into account" by posting more frequently. That would be a step in the right direction. The next good step would be looking at the XP System and asking yourselves if it worked, and then setting Qi'Tara on fire for my amusement.

Make Awesomenauts stand out for being unique, not for being what the other MOBAs do but worse.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:46 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I hear even the incompetent spods at Valve have produced the most commercially successful E-Sport in the history of sport itself, and they can't even balance a goat man with a stupid face.

Idk what game you're talking about, but if you're talking about dota then I'm going to use this moment to talk about how wrong you are about the devs ability to balance that game.
Seeing as Dota is the only game I know to have such a complexity and to have been nearly completely balanced at some point. (They veered off now because new patches are more about introducing fun to the game rather than putting everyone on equal grounding).

(Also, unpopular opinion, I know, but I do think the XP system wasn't a bad introduction, just didn't fix the main issue it was supposed to fix, it did fix a bunch of tohers in my eyes)

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.