Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ronimo and Awesomenauts in 2018
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:45 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
then maybe say 'a lot of forumers found the renegades bland" instead of lying

I previously wrote:
At any rate, you'll find a lot of "the Renegades are bland" on here—it's where I got "napkin 'Nauts" from, in fact.

As in, "lots of people here are saying it". I thought that was implicit enough by the way I said almost those exact words, just in a slightly different order. By your own admission, it's no word of a lie (unless you're also speaking for the whole forums, which I don't remember consenting to).

At any rate, I don't think arguing semantics is going to change the fact that many people here find the Renegades bland. Is releasing another 'Naut so soon necessarily a good idea? Probably not.

Is opening Awesomenauts to an influx of Chinese players without doing anything to improve the Western playerbase a good idea? Probably not, especially if we value ping (like what we've been aiming for). Is it better than nothing? I guess.

Hopefully this Viking-thing is a MOBA and it's 2D to boot. If it's Swords & Soldiers, the Card Game (see: Artifact), I might cry.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Is opening Awesomenauts to an influx of Chinese players without doing anything to improve the Western playerbase a good idea? Probably not, especially if we value ping (like what we've been aiming for). Is it better than nothing? I guess.

Wait why is this a bad thing? I thought we valued more exposure for the game. Giving an audience a chance to play the game is completely fine. It's incredibly short-sighted and selfish to deny access of a game to an entire possible group just because they have bad ping to the majority of the playerbase. Hell even North American players can have worse internet at times due to America having some of the worst ISP's in general. While eastern internet for the most part is like really good.

EDIT: Also I didn't see your response to my other post. I don't understand how they could have more to mess up they've built a more solid base then they had before. They've done this before and did well.

If you don't want to sound negative you may want to express more of an opinion on a situation instead of responding with this to the idea of them splitting attention
The Lord Protector wrote:
"Awesomenauts will be receiving even less attention than it is now. Enjoy."

You always talk about expressing opinions elegantly. Practice what you preach dude.

Last edited by Morrowsaw on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:26 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:52 am 

I said pretty much everything I wanted to say here: https://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/view ... =6&t=51993

Nauts is still fun to play somehow, I don't know if its replayability has a limit. A purely bug and balance patch, if done right, could be substantial. Can't wait for that. Me and a fewer others probably have an entire library of bug reports just waiting to be unleashed.

Good luck in developing a new game, I'm sure you're all eager to take what you learned from nauts and snipe those mistakes early on. :raehands:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:00 am 

Luckytime wrote:
Nauts is still fun to play somehow, I don't know if its replayability has a limit. A purely bug and balance patch, if done right, could be substantial. Can't wait for that. Me and a fewer others probably have an entire library of bug reports just waiting to be unleashed.

I totally agree more mundane stuff like general balance changes, and bug fixes are just the kinda stuff I was hoping we would get. They might not be as fancy as a new character or a new UI, but it's stuff that improves the game in general, and it's something I feel like we were lacking alot in 2017 especially with the Renegades usually only coming as their own thing rather then a balance patch + character release (I think Smiles was the only Renegade who had major balance changes when he was released)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 am 

Looking forward to seeing what the new project is all about, and grateful for the increased transparency. Cheers, Ronimo :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:56 am 

I wish all of Ronimo the best of luck in their new game. While I don't play much awesomenauts anymore it has been the most impactful game I have ever played. It has introduced me to so many amazing people and some of my best friends have come from this game. Awesomenauts also taught me so much about myself and how much I love helping people through moderating torunaments and the community.
I am so excited to see what the new project is and I am excited to hop on board with whatever it may be!
Thanks again,
~Maslink

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:50 am 
Adminaut

I have appreciated Ronimo as a studio (with a lot of great people). I want to see what is next on the block and what can be created. I love Awesomenauts for what it is, but I am definitely interested in what Ronimo can come up with. I'm sticking around for Awesomenauts, but also love the other games produced. Swords and Soldiers II was fun, but a PC port feels like something that should happen.

In terms of the hints, Ronimo knows vikings well. I am excited to see what comes of this.

Also, criticism is important there Lord Protector. It can help improve things by highlighting weaknesses and offering improvements. I would suggest adding a spoonful of honey though. Best to keep Ronimo-community relations as positive as possible.

Champion of ducks. Swiggins main.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:47 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Just to clarify a bit about why we've been silent for a while and though I understand it may sound hollow: we didn't have many answers to give as we were trying to answer these questions ourselves. Between continued 'Nauts development, the work we've been doing on the console version since the summer, the time we spent talking about the future, and taking some time off at the end of a hectic year, there wasn't much we could actually share with you guys that we were sure wouldn't change a week or two later. In hindsight, it's easy to say that we could have said more (and I'd agree), but at no point did we actually land on what. We've been bitten by sharing plans early and then changing them later on before, but now that we've settled on a way forward all I can say is that we're back.

As I don't hang out on the forums myself that much, feel free to send me an email at robin@ronimo-games.com if you feel like community issues are going unaddressed. I'll raise it with the appropriate people on the team and check in when I can to let you know we're on it. I see quite a bunch of comments that seem to suggest there is community consensus about a couple of in-game issues, but as I don't know which ones those are I can't really comment on them. Help me help you!

About China: I can't give you specifics until our plans for this are finalized, but one of the issues we want to address is the impact the 'Chinese internet infrastructure' has on connections with players outside of mainland China. I can honestly tell you that this is not something you have to be worried about, as long as our current plan works out.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:14 pm 

Well, in my humble opinion, even saying that you're not sure what to do is communication. SUre you'll get flak for it but other people will suggest ideas which could help you choose.

Either way I'm glad (and hopeful) the ball doesn't drop on communication this time.

Don't leave us hanging another time tho, people really do care, but not giving them anything to care about makes people go away.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:37 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I prefer a spoonful of shade to a spoonful of honey, but thanks.

Robin wrote:
Just to clarify a bit about why we've been silent for a while and though I understand it may sound hollow: we didn't have many answers to give as we were trying to answer these questions ourselves. Between continued 'Nauts development, the work we've been doing on the console version since the summer, the time we spent talking about the future, and taking some time off at the end of a hectic year, there wasn't much we could actually share with you guys that we were sure wouldn't change a week or two later.

Then say that. You have no idea how much speculation you would have quashed if you'd simply said "we're don't want to give too many details, as we're still unsure ourselves".

I admit the salty salt-salt that is my existence might be unpleasantly saline, but cutting out the entirety of the forums because you aren't sure what to say isn't the best idea in the world as might be clear now.

Robin wrote:
In hindsight, it's easy to say that we could have said more (and I'd agree), but at no point did we actually land on what. We've been bitten by sharing plans early and then changing them later on before, but now that we've settled on a way forward all I can say is that we're back.

See above.

Robin wrote:
As I don't hang out on the forums myself that much, feel free to send me an email at robin@ronimo-games.com if you feel like community issues are going unaddressed. I'll raise it with the appropriate people on the team and check in when I can to let you know we're on it. I see quite a bunch of comments that seem to suggest there is community consensus about a couple of in-game issues, but as I don't know which ones those are I can't really comment on them. Help me help you!

If you need a community consensus, make a thread on it (like you did here) and I'm sure you'll receive lots of opinions. I can't think of any easier way to make the community's opinion known than to post here.

Robin wrote:
About China: I can't give you specifics until our plans for this are finalized, but one of the issues we want to address is the impact the 'Chinese internet infrastructure' has on connections with players outside of mainland China. I can honestly tell you that this is not something you have to be worried about, as long as our current plan works out.

I'm concerned because I've heard it causes a lot of issues in PUBG. Note that this is speculation on what I've been told, but there... hostility there that you want to avoid.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.