Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Go mobile?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:18 am 

Hello, this is a suggestion from a guy who's been playing awesomenauts since 2012.

Go mobile.

I know you can't just port awesomenauts as a mobile game because something as simple as aiming a skill is impossible, you gotta release a simplified version with auto-aiming (for example), less skills, faster respawn times and, of course, micro-transactions: they are all the rage right now.

The vast majority of people nowadays game on their phone and are looking for a casual experience, awesomenauts is quick, fun and somewhat addicting; if you can manage to port the same level of speed and fun you'll be rewarded; I'm not just talking money here, I'm talking about spreading the brand name.

Some might call it selling out, I call it doing what's needed now to be able to do what we like in the future. People turn to awesomenauts for a casual experience, there's dota and league if someone's looking for a competitive scene, why fight an uphill battle? I understand people who love the game want the competitive side but right now we just need more people who love the game and we're not getting them unless we spread and multiply. The fastest way to do this is by going mobile.

New projects are great but unless you start making actual games with a plot (aka something that finishes after a while and that you can use to spread your brand with thanks to content creators and streamers) very few people will want and will have time to play a mobile-like game on their PC.

To sum this up, going mobile is a good way to gather new people, renown and money; you can't do it with the current awesomenauts, you'll have to create something more simple yet effective enough, something that can also advertise the real awesomenauts and your brand.

I know it's easier said than done, it's just an idea I wanted to throw out here, maybe you'll read it and think about it.
Thank you and I wish you the best of luck.

Post subject: Re: Go mobile?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:59 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Although I don't agree with Awesomenauts becoming a mobile game, I do agree with the whole "why are we competing with Dota/LoL/HotS" thing.

That said, I think we might be too far down the rabbit hole of "trying to be competitive" to really turn back now.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:23 pm 

Some projects like Talisman Digital Edition have been built with portability PC/Android in mind. This is clearly not the case of Awesomenauts.

Awesomenauts used to lag on my old laptop. I don't see it run on Android anywhere soon without major changes in the engine. (I'm not even talking of changing the UI so that it's playable without keyboard/controller ; i'm talking of pure hardware requirements)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:14 am 

So my allies can stop mid fight and die when their girlfriend calls them.
Yes.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:26 am 

shut the hell up

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:22 am 

i like how everytime me or someone else is running a tournament suddenly awesomenauts is trying to become competitive. you guys understand we're not ronimo and do this on our volition without suggestion from ronimo, right?

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:29 am 
Adminaut

Awesomenauts Gacha Game.

kathy wrote:
shut the hell up

Yo, chill.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:51 pm 

Awesomenauts for New 3Ds (Or all 3Ds but requires the second thumbstick) and/or Switch would be great. Given the fact that S&S2 was only released for WiiU, I'm surprised this never happened.

It may not be pure mobile, but this game could successfully make that transition. At the same time, that ship seems to have sailed and I would rather the resources for a mobile or portable version go into the new game.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
i like how everytime me or someone else is running a tournament suddenly awesomenauts is trying to become competitive. you guys understand we're not ronimo and do this on our volition without suggestion from ronimo, right?

Wrong thread?