Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Anonymous Nauts Association for Leavers
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:45 pm 

This thread was created so we could share our stories which may be AFK or leaving related. Yes, i know there's the Anger Management Thread but i'd like this to be more on-point about leavers, sharing our frustrations and hopefully at the end, we'll become a better community, more understanding and tolerant towards our teammates. I'll get this started with my own testimony:

Hi, my name is "Jerry". I play Awesomenauts very often and i do my best in order to win and have fun while still maintaining my composure. However, i have a bad habit of leaving and, quite honestly, i'd like to change that but it's so difficult. Every single time we're losing, i have to fight this urge but i always end up doing it because nothing goes my way. The worst part is how i feel afterwards - i feel like i left my team down, my family down, myself down but worse than all that is - i left Galactron down. He goes through so much to find the best teammates he can but i always let him down and i apologize for it. Hopefully, after a ouple more sessions, i won't leave nearly as much and Galactron-senpai will be proud of me.

Thank you for your time and i hope we can all contribute to a better Awesomenauts with less leavers and AFKers through the Anonymous Nauts Association for Leavers. :thumb:

Post subject: Re: Anonymous Nauts Association for Leavers
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:32 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
The joke started and stopped being funny at the acronym.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 pm 

Because this doesn't exist.

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 pm 

Diz Hydron wrote:
Because this doesn't exist.

zzz

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:19 am 
Adminaut

AwesomeNauts Australian League wants their joke back.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:31 pm 

okay. but when i had like 500 hours I had to run an errand and I asked my sister to "hold the lanes" on this really good match I was playing, I explained her some basic stuff and told her to avoid everything but the little blue creatures, and also that there was health on top lane and a
healing shop she could teleport to when low on health.

-so what happened?
sis: oh, well first off. what the zork! this game is dumb and I hate it please don't ask me to play this game ever again but also. so basically I did what you asked me to but then there was this dialogue box telling me to defend the bottom turretAnd everything could be good if only it wasn't looking like a guy at 5 hours picked vinnie and skyrocked our allied nibbs with all those missed dives, self ganks and bad teleports. Like a perfect troll.
Added her in steam and she agreed she was feeding, even gave me her real account nickname which has 1400+ hours on record in awesomenauts.
Do I report it now? I mean, this game is already low populated. Potential new players are trying to play it, like me, or that dude who fed on Rocco in our team and then left because of r*ping like that is BS. And such experience is so bad for new players or players overall.

So I just left the game running :P
me:okay but I told you you had to quit the game manually via the esc menu or otherwise everyone would get salty :v
sis: yeah but i've one better. please tell that dragon guy THAT I HATE to die 2 the deth.
sis: :raehands:
me: :raehands:
:thumb:

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:54 pm 

_olaffff wrote:
sis: yeah but i've one better. please tell that dragon guy THAT I HATE to die 2 the deth.
sis: :raehands:
me: :raehands:
:thumb:

Your sister may or may not have the ability to materialize weapons out of thin air and summon ancient warriors of bygone eras so i'm not sure if getting on her bad side is that great of an idea.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:39 pm 

FishmanDerp wrote:
AwesomeNauts Australian League wants their joke back.

AwesomeNauts Arena League would like a word.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:40 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I'm pretty sure this joke* has existed longer than hydrogen has.

* "joke"

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:00 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I'm pretty sure this joke* has existed longer than hydrogen has.

* "joke"

I agree which is why it's not funny. Nevertheless, the topic of Leavers is a serious issue so I would like to discuss this topic.

We all know certain matches are not nice. I mean those matches where the enemy is on top of you and just keeps pounding. In those matches, the enemy team has full map control, they use the hide areas to get at you from behind and pin you down before they unload their power. We all lose every now and then but those certain matches are able to penetrate you on the inside. This causes players to rage and turns them into leavers. But there is a very clear formula how Nauts players can stay hard and strong when facing such matches. I call this formula: Awesomenauts Need A Life. When you have more important things going on that make you feel powerful then a bad match is just a tickle and you don't want to rage or leave.

I hope this makes sense. I tried to give some substance to this thread to make it more than a one note joke. Cheers.

We fight for a world without Blind where Nauts can teamfight freely. We stand united and make our voices heard. :rocco: This way, we can make Nauts a better game for our children. :jimmy: Fight the good fight. :ix: Remove Blind from the game. :thumb: