Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: been over half a year since last ladder reset
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:53 pm 

can we do it again pls. pubs are boring atm.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post subject: Re: been over half a year since last ladder reset
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:56 pm 

I dont get it that why dont we have regular resets, and something gainable/incentive to do better in next reset. Wont happen now though, but leaderboard-system is where the game definitely lacks the most.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:15 pm 

people are convinced that it makes matchmaking worse, which i guess is true for like 2 days even though placement systems exist for basically every game ever and its only an issue for awesomenauts for some reason. then everythings better afterwards cause people are playing again.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:15 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
They've already said, on the Streamisho itself, that the leaderboards and your positions on them are only to be used for matchmaking purposes and not progression/reward.

Of course, that isn't true, and was only said because they couldn't think of an actual reason to justify the removal of league resets. If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk in one go and PayPal everyone here £1,000.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:28 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk in one go and PayPal everyone here £1,000.

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:09 am 
Adminaut

That last reset was a test and they said they wouldn't do it again if the metrics looked bad so I can only assume the reset hurt player retention on average or something to that effect, else they would've done it again.

I really wish they'd split the MM board and the ranking board so we can have seasonal resets on the 'personal goal' board while maintaining the integrity of the matchmaking system.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:14 am 

ronimo seems to have no idea what makes a popular moba. It gets worse and worse everyday. Instead you aim to make the game more casual, fill it up with temporary players who just leave while it slowly dies. While you have players who have spent months of their lives in front of a screen playing YOUR game, these are competitive players who may be toxic but atleast stay and play your game since humans have a drive to be the best. imagine if league of legends had no competitive and was full of casuals, no huge tournaments that people work hard to be able to compete in, no fans, no reason for anyone to pick up the game and stick with it, why do you think so many people have thousands of hours in games such as csgo and games featuring pvp. Every game feels fresh you play other players better than you and want to be as good as them. Your game is lacking, extremely. The 2 and 3 spots are literally just rocket spamming duo who havent played on their main in months, pubs are basically battle of the carries or get steamrolled by a pre, or pre yourself and steamroll everymatch until you finally run into another. Rating gain is terrible for many, impossible to rank up. Been playing the game a lot more lately and i can see why so many people have quit, it gets extremely boring, no new players, hardly any good teammates/opponents. The game basically decides to give me 2 l3 teammates vs all l2s and says ok looks good. Or gives me a good team but against one of those teams that just pre all day, cant even respect that in the current state of the game, anyone could pre all day and do well.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:37 am 

I never run for higher ranks in games (simply because I know what it takes to get there and I know how do people get there, but I have more interesting things to do instead, at least a job I am paid for).
But since my rank defines my matchmaking, it's different. On one hand, the reset would give an opportunity to start over and get my real winrate % (as every new player I fail a lot so it's really low) and from there, define my place in the leaderboard more precisely. On the other hand, everyone gets reset. So in my first 30 matches I'll have completely random allies and opponents? So this is all... mere luck? Like If I'll have former l9-7 enemies, I'll obviously crush them single-handed most likely. But what if I'll always get someone else? Like this thread autor for example. I don't have any chances then. Like at all.
One thing it will do for sure - remove the ghosts from the board. It will become much less than 90-something-k. Again the good thing is that everyone will be stacked closer and, maybe, the MM will seem more fair (like 2000 vs 500 unlike today's 8000 vs 1500 though it will be the same players). Bad thing though - it will reveal true playerbase numbers and they will be sad to look at.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:48 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
I dont get it that why dont we have regular resets, and something gainable/incentive to do better in next reset. Wont happen now though, but leaderboard-system is where the game definitely lacks the most.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:05 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
EgyptFalcon wrote:

The Lord Protector wrote:
If the leaderboards were truly designed to be only for the matchmaker's consideration and never for players to climb, I'll film myself chugging several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.