Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Post subject: Re: been over half a year since last ladder reset
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:23 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
That's not what I said. You've missed the point I was making.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:47 pm 
Adminaut

Well, the other big difference between now and then is they have a pretty solid foundation laid. Nothing they do matchmaking wise needs to be built from the ground up anymore, so while they might have less staff to work on Galactron, it's also less of a massive undertaking at this point.

Also if the game they're currently working on is online PvP, they might use the Happy Matchmaking Server for that as well, and thus it'd still be relevant to Ronimo as a whole and worth improving for the sake of both games.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:23 am 

It's gotten to the point to where multiple L1 players are getting multiple alts of themselves into L1. I think a reset would be nice so we don't have to have stuff like that happen to move in rank at all.

Even if it's seen as pointless, and lowers match quality it's one of the only sources of progression I get out of Nauts nowadays tbh, and after awhile it just becomes harder and harder to get any enjoyment out of the system as being completely stabilized at the same point sucks.

Don't let this thread die guys shout loud enough and they'll hopefully notice eventually.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 am 

Resets every 2-3 months plz

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:15 am 

#MakeRegularResetsHappen

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:14 am 

I know leaderboards are here mostly as matchmaking function but still... the leaderboard system nauts have just gets so stale so quick... i'd honestly be for monthly reset. Maybe add a rule that "if you were in the top 3 leagues last league you begin with 13000 rating" so that we dont disturb the begginers with ridiculous opponents.

FishmanDerp wrote:
I really wish they'd split the MM board and the ranking board so we can have seasonal resets on the 'personal goal' board while maintaining the integrity of the matchmaking system.

that is worth a shot

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:42 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
The best thing to do would be spamming this topic in the chat during the next Streamisho and hoping that one of the developers notices it.

Brightside wrote:
Maybe add a rule that "if you were in the top 3 leagues last league you begin with 13000 rating" so that we dont disturb the begginers with ridiculous opponents.

Most of the active playerbase is in Leagues 1–3. This nebulous mass of "new players" simply doesn't exist in any meaningful way anymore.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:09 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
The best thing to do would be spamming this topic in the chat during the next Streamisho and hoping that one of the developers notices it.

Brightside wrote:
Maybe add a rule that "if you were in the top 3 leagues last league you begin with 13000 rating" so that we dont disturb the begginers with ridiculous opponents.

Most of the active playerbase is in Leagues 1–3. This nebulous mass of "new players" simply doesn't exist in any meaningful way anymore.

I've seen quite a few new players recently. Or newer compared to the people I usually go against. I'd like it if it kept in mind where you were before reset for a few games to match you appropriately, but not affect rating in any way. So if you beat tons of people around your old rank you'll be put up to a new rank. When the next reset comes along you can prove yourself to the system again.

Obviously there's a glaring flaw somewhere in here and I'm gonna get whipped for it, but I thought it was a nice idea.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:43 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:

There is actually quite a lot of low league players. When I made a second account around new year, the low league matches I started with were always full of players around same rank. Sure though, they arent nearly as active as the playerbase in L1-3 who actually play regularly, but there is strength in numbers too, and even if the L5 player only plays 1-10 matches a week, there is quite a few of those players around as well, to give themselves fair matches (unless someone makes smurff accounts). Granted, that this is not gathered information based on vast data, but just my own experience.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:28 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
There is actually quite a lot of low league players.

These are all smurf accs of top 200 players. They play using their toes, relying on sound effects only while playing serious competitive matches at the same time, so the skill level is appropriate to the league.
Some say that the top 10 ranks belong to a single player who can play 10 different matches simultaneously. :shady:

On topic: It would also be great to have more than 50 acc levels or to reset them or else.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next