Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: been over half a year since last ladder reset
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:19 pm 

Yeah rank decay still needs to be a serious thing. there's too many people in the top 100 with around 100 games who then stop playing, and attempt to get alts in instead because once they are in the top leagues it's almost impossible to lose rank and go down positions. This issue was already proven once by Zold in the past with him playing 12 games, and that being enough for him to secure the #1 spot for months, but it really does cause some really dumb issues. That I think could be easily stomped out.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:16 pm 

Morrowsaw wrote:
Yeah rank decay still needs to be a serious thing. there's too many people in the top 100 with around 100 games who then stop playing, and attempt to get alts in instead because once they are in the top leagues it's almost impossible to lose rank and go down positions. This issue was already proven once by Zold in the past with him playing 12 games, and that being enough for him to secure the #1 spot for months, but it really does cause some really dumb issues. That I think could be easily stomped out.

Yea okay lmao.

Anyway, no you're completely misinformed when it comes to top 100 rating. Players in the top 100 either don't play or have to win almost every game to keep their rating high, they get punished the most when it comes to losing games since they're always playing against players from the rest of L1 to sometimes L4. If they do happen to lose said games, due to the differences in rating between them the top 100 player will lose often times more than not between 50-100 rating at least. This is incredibly discouraging as it'll take on average (at least for me) a 5 win streak against at least two other accounts who are also high on the leaderboards. You're not guaranteed to play vs people of your rating level ever so it can easily take 15+ games of grinding l3 players to get back said 100 rating if you're lucky that is. A lot of the time vs low league players you'll get like 2 rating.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:19 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
While I agree with Slevens, it's not quite that severe. You can lose some games and not instantly drop out of the top 100—but it's far from impossible, as said.

That's my experience, anyway.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:02 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
While I agree with Slevens, it's not quite that severe. You can lose some games and not instantly drop out of the top 100—but it's far from impossible, as said.

That's my experience, anyway.

It's really not uncommon to get screwed by bad teammates, lose a game, and then not get back to that leaderboard position if you keep playing for the rest of the day.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:14 pm 

Nah that's true. I have a hard time climbing as well. In low L1/High L2. Stagnation is also a huge issue, and while sure league resets are a temporary solution after a month or two you just settle in the same spot as before. I'd say to just make the comparison between players rank matter less towards how much/little you get, but I think Ronimo talked about this before and said that they don't intend for the leaderboard to show progression, or at least that's what I've heard. It's supposed to stagnate according to them which while fair isn't exactly exciting from a players perspective.

I was just pointing out that there's alot of people in the top 100 that just left their accounts there, and have been playing on an alt. Because you can't reliably climb by playing on the same account over and over again.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:10 pm 

It all becomes a "gain 1 or lose 2" thing. Even if I could play well enough to have 50-60%wr, I'd still go down. The more games I play the faster btw. Points gain/loss shouldn't depend on total games played number.

And yes, if these ranks are for MM purposes only, why the Zork I always play with mid-high l2s?! Shouldn't I get matched with 6000-4000 noobs with my 5000 permanent spot?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Sam! wrote:
It's really not uncommon to get screwed by bad teammates, lose a game, and then not get back to that leaderboard position if you keep playing for the rest of the day.

Very true, to be fair.

I soloqueued Yoolip for a little bit around position 40—I have horror stories of Raelynns missing Snipes against gazed targets.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:31 am 

It's been said before: if Ronimo doesn't want people looking to leaderboards for a sense of progression, they need something else in the game to provide that sense of progression. :shrug:

Awesomepoints and medals could be a lot more effective, if there were more medals than just "win 250 games as X" and something to actually spend Awesomepoints on. It's pretty much just new characters, which is only something for new players. Which, granted, is a bigger concern for them than old players--the question is how long it takes before new players run out of reasons to keep playing. After they AP-purchase, what... five? Eight characters?

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 am 

Slevens wrote:
Players in the top 100 either don't play or have to win almost every game to keep their rating high, they get punished the most when it comes to losing games since they're always playing against players from the rest of L1 to sometimes L4. If they do happen to lose said games, due to the differences in rating between them the top 100 player will lose often times more than not between 50-100 rating at least. This is incredibly discouraging

i mean, climbing a leaderboard and staying at the top SHOULD be hard to do, right? You shouldn't just be allowed to park there and barely shift rank when you lose games.

It probably would be easier to regain lost rank if inactive accounts would decay, as you'd probably have more active players near your rank to play against. Granted it probably would actually be the same players matchmaking is pitting you against now, but they'd presumably be closer in rank to you now that all the inactive accounts are not clogging up the leaderboard

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:53 am 

There's a fine line between being hard to do and being unfair. Currently my experiences have been teetering to the unfair spectrum as you can win 10 games in a row and gain 80 rating then lose one match because of something stupid and lose 70 of that rating. It'd be fine if it were hard to do as it'd present a challenge and make people want to play more but that wouldn't happen as the more games you play the less rating you'll gain which has been proven and makes people result to alt accounts so they feel like they're actually gaining things.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.