Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Bullying in awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:36 am 

im a brazilian awesomenauts player and have been playing this game way before it was free. I have all the nauts and play it regularly.In the last few months something has taken away my will to play this game i have been suffering from bullying in game. as you know our community is small and we usually play against the same players but one has been abbusing his name is *removed*. Whenever i play against him he abuses me verbally in many ways. When im on his team he just give up on playing and does the minimum like feeding 3 or 4 times and only killing 10 minions on a game.I have already changed my name in game in order get rid of these toxic attitudes but he manage to find me again. The blocking dissapear after each game so i have to block him again and again. But blocking cant stop the feeding....
I tried for many times to report him but that gets to no results. as my reports have no results and i usually end up being bullyed i just quit the game. I play awesomenauts for fun after a hard day at work and for the last months awesomenauts have become pretty "hurtful" for me.Many games as LOL or DOTA are famous for their Toxic communities i hope awesomenatus dont become one of that games.
Im here to ask for the players to report whenever you see an abusing player.
For Ronimo PLEASE BAN TOXIC PLAYERS

EDIT: if you want some proof here is ID: *removed*

Last edited by Alpha Z on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sorry man, rules are rules. Send the replay IDs directly to Ronimo and refrain from naming and shaming.

Post subject: Re: Bullying in awesomenauts
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:49 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Here comes the torrent of "naming and shaming" replies.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:03 am 

My intention is not to blame and shame anyone. This is my last chance if this topic wont work ill leave the game... sorry but i cant stand this anymore =(

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:30 am 

Well thats a name I thought was disappeared for good. Remember the times, when the same player had 100% win percentage, since he force shutdowned his internet every time he was losing. Was before galactron, and if he happened to be the host, too bad for the opponents, since the game would crash for them too, and they had 0% chance of winning against him...

I got the impression that he got permaban due many people complaining about him, but guess it was temporary after all. :fist: Be sure to report about him after every single match, the reports are looked at only if done many times about same person, so doing it only once wont help. Naming and shaming is not allowed, but I think some Ronimo people might remember his name as well...Also its not naming and shaming, because the said person knows no shame, doing his dirty game for years.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:43 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Unfortunately, this is naming and shaming. A stupid rule but a rule nonetheless.

Toxic people exist in all multiplayer games, and unless we're going to go full thought police, there will always be people that slip under the radar—be glad it's not a common as it is in Dota.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:57 pm 

Yeah, unfortunately you cannot report cheaters/hackers/harrassers publicly on these forums.
You can only use the in-game report feature as far as I can tell.

In the future tho, I recommend you mute this person whenever he's in the same match as you (press TAB to view the scoreboard and check the box to mute them)

As for them ending up on your team... That's a bit of a tough one. I'd say just leave and requeue if you can't stomach it. If you want to find some good/friendly players to party with you can also try the LBA (Liga Brasileira de Awesomenauts). It's a closed Facebook group, but you can request permission to enter.
There are quite a few BRs there. :)

I hope I have helped.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality