Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: #ShowUsEnemyTeamPlz
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 pm 

Is there any reason why we can't see the enemy team's picks on the character select screen? It was at least somewhat resonable when Late Joining was a thing so that Late Joiners wouldn't pick a hard counter and delete your entire team, but now that you can't even Late Join I don't see any reason why you can't at least know what you're getting into.
There are so many * hard counters in this game that it almost becomes unplayable if the enemy team has even one of them. If the enemy has multiple hard counters you may as well AFK in base cause you're just going to feed otherwise.

Honestly this game's character-to-character balance is one of the primary problems that shapes the entire meta. The characters that have remained in the meta the longest are the most well-rounded characters that don't immediately get * on because someone happened to pick the one character that counters their pick.
Every other MOBA that I can think of lets you see the enemy team's picks in their ranked mode. It's honestly laughable that Awesomenauts not only doesn't let you see what the enemy team picks, but also lacks an unranked mode to make the "don't tryhard in pubs" argument viable.

Let us see the enemy team, add a draft mode, or add a surrender option. Cause other than that this game becomes an untolerable slog that can't be played for more than two matches without punching your monitor.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post subject: Re: #ShowUsEnemyTeamPlz
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:39 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
GuyBrush wrote:
...There are so many * hard counters in this game that it almost becomes unplayable if the enemy team has even one of them. If the enemy has multiple hard counters you may as well AFK in base cause you're just going to feed otherwise.

So introducing a system that requires counterpicking above all else is going to improve that?

Answer: no. Source: Every MOBA ever.

To be honest, I can't remember why I was opposed to this idea, so I'm just going to say "let's do it" in the hope that it finally stops this damn thread from popping up like time after time like a course of bad clams.

Bring on the draft mode, Ronimo.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 am 

TBH I made this thread primarily out of anger because of a really stupid game I lost from the moment the game started. It's not really the blind pick's fault but rather how terrible the naut-to-naut balance in this game is. It's honestly laughable how bad some 'nauts completely counter others.

Alpha Z wrote:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 am 

Thats why there is 3 nauts in the team. Your own fault if you pick a trio who all have same weaknesses.

Sure there are a few strong counter-nauts in the game, but nowhere as bad as you make it sound, jeeez, Guybrush is a cryyyyyybaby! :lolstar:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:36 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:
There are so many * hard counters in this game that it almost becomes unplayable if the enemy team has even one of them.

Reading is hard.

Alpha Z wrote:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 pm 

The only hard counters I can think of are people that just play better than me. There are different strategies that work even if your whole team was "countered" if you play with your team and you all know exactly what you're doing. If you and/or your teammates are weaker than the enemy team, then who cares which picks were better? You'll get stomped anyway. Ok, maybe stomping will take just a little longer. The result will be the same.

The text in the first post sounds like that Jimmy trying to charge me before I used firebreath. :nibbswink:

Although I don't mind there be another "special" vs mode that considers ranks properly and has drafting. Only fair games with counter-counter-counterpicks and 15 minutes to 15 days queue time. Yay! :redcheer: :bluecheer:

As for surrendering option. You know, I think of it every time I get into L1 + 2 highL2 vs 2 high L2 + myself match. But then I remember that not all of them were lost. :raehands:

Last edited by ScR on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:06 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:
GuyBrush wrote:
There are so many * hard counters in this game that it almost becomes unplayable if the enemy team has even one of them.

Reading is hard.

Perhaps you shouldnt play those nauts in scary maps if they really become unplayable when a single opponent is not your favourite easypeasy one giving you a 10/0. Sure its hard to keep Froggy in your black hole as a Sentry or explode Ix as Clunk, but game is far from unplayable even then...
GuyBrush:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:54 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
To be honest, I can't remember why I was opposed to this idea, so I'm just going to say "let's do it" in the hope that it finally stops this damn thread from popping up like time after time like a course of bad clams.

Agreed. If people think that this will "save" the game (or, at least, improve it by a considerable margin), just give it to them.

Would also appreciate a surrender option, much better than throwing or going afk in matches where you feel you can't do much.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:41 pm 

show the enemy team? thats so dumb, then people would just be forced to change last second so you cant counterpick them lol. genius kid.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:57 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Actually, Girlfriend has a point (and it's one I've raised before):

People will just defer their picks until the very last moment to minimise the risk of counterpicks, and before you disagree with me on the principle that I am me, this is the exact situation that's plagued Dota for ages and ages (outside of captain's draft). Even Valve couldn't find an elegant solution to it.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.