Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: #ShowUsEnemyTeamPlz
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:29 pm 

im for a draft mode, like hard, and i would agree with LFGirlfriend/Lord Protector's sentiments

* im agreeing with a guy who hasnt even played in like 100 patches

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:49 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.

I don't really know how we could fix that problem, either, outside of implementing a captain's mode—something that the casual playerbase in Dota reacted to by imploding in on itself and screaming until Valve took notice. I can't see anything different happening in Awesomenauts.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:59 pm 

well ive suggested about one million times to do

dual blind pick char 1->reveal->dual blind pick char 2->reveal->dual blind pick char 3->reveal

no bans, no captain modes, can still play whoever you want, UI-wise you don't even have to dress it as a draft. Just "Hey, pick a character" like usual and sometimes you happen to see other characters already in the match.

the game is actually so amazing balanced when you can draft its actually a night and day difference

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:59 pm 

and when i say one million i do mean, unlike when guybrush says it, ive suggested it at least one time in the past

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:29 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I'd prefer that over six linear picks, but there'd need to be a timer for each picking round to stop someone just stalling forever and wasting time/trolling.

I could see the final round of picking devolve into "but I wanted to play X" and collapsing into whining, but that's going to happen with every draft system anyway.

I think Ronimo's input on this would be appreciated, given how they're supposed to be more active on the forums at the moment.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:02 am 
Adminaut

I'm down for baby's first draft in QM but just regular pick with all picks visible is a very bad idea for reasons already repeated.

I strongly disagree that the game has nearly as many hardcounters as Guybrush makes it out to be. It's more so 'hardcomps' that out-synergise the opponent team. Whenever a Sentry comp rolls over a pub game it's usually because of Sentry's teammates more so than Sentry's opponents. Sentry/Lonestar is hardly going to roll randoms unless the skill gap is just that big. Meanwhile throw in a Nibbs instead and even some L2s (and some L1s throwing no shade tho) will end up feeding that deathball.

Also @IsoKoala/Guybrush can you two keep it chill? No need for the antagonistic behaviour.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 am 

I'm against knowing the enemy team because honestly you can play around even your own hard counters if you're good enough, but I'd be behind being able to choose a character to ban before character select.

But then this opens up a whole new can of worms with people banning the new characters/flavor of the month because people don't know how to play as/against them.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 am 

i think ronimo is approaching a crossroads soon where they either need to say * it, or decide to support the most dedicated 250 ccu ever.

i kinda miss when awesomenauts was hyper casual and late joins were a thing. solo/duoq is practically a punishment right now, and i really doubt making the game more hardcore will fix it. most pushes to make the game more hardcore have followed with a diminished playerbase. hard to pinpoint the exact cause, but tread carefully.

personally i'd remove the map preview icon, make all these draft bros go away, and bring back the rematch button. and add a way to randomnauts while waiting in the queue.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:18 am 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
well ive suggested about one million times to do

dual blind pick char 1->reveal->dual blind pick char 2->reveal->dual blind pick char 3->reveal

no bans, no captain modes, can still play whoever you want, UI-wise you don't even have to dress it as a draft. Just "Hey, pick a character" like usual and sometimes you happen to see other characters already in the match.

I could get behind this, even in QP.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.