Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Medals for the real deal. Not rof free.
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:00 am 

I'm not using these, but just noticed I could already use one of the "red" ones for 250 wins. Obviously it counts wins vs bots as well. And it obviously shouldn't. I mean people use these for threatening others but it appears any noob can achieve them for nothing simply playing a couple of 3-minute easy bot matches.
TBH I don't care much, but let there be at least something worth putting effort in since APs are completely useless.

Also I'm sure this was mentioned before, but I didn't see that thread. So, sorry if this is a double.

Yet another thing. These wincount medals show nothing but time spent for the game. Eventually even a player who ended up 0/10 every game will get them, being hard carried. How about something like "more than 10 kills in 50 matches" ones?

I would even change my rules and put one into my profile if I could ever achieve one:P

Post subject: Re: Medals for the real deal. Not rof free.
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:18 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
None of the unlockable things have had any thought put into them and that's not going to change.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:09 am 

Silly ningen, everybody knows the only medal which directly correlates to player skill is "10 wins with Raelynn". Everything else is WORTHLESS.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:16 am 

monkeybusiness wrote:
Silly ningen, everybody knows the only medal which directly correlates to player skill is "10 wins with Raelynn". Everything else is WORTHLESS.

"10 wins with Skolldir" beats them all. Don't even try spreading your religion here :fist:

The Lord Protector wrote:
None of the unlockable things have had any thought put into them and that's not going to change.

Fine. Why not having MOAR dumb unlockable stuff at least?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:23 am 

Lol I dont dare to use the red medals, since that would put expectations on me and make me prone to "u suck, u have red medal but still suck that bad?!?"-taunts. :GnawCry:

Tbh though, I am not even sure if I have those reds. Maybe 1 or 2, or close getting one, but I play quite a lot of different nauts so. :voltarroll:

I rather just use some 10-wins Yuri medal for reverse effect, to make opponents think thats the best char I can use, even though I never use Yuri. :scoop:

Also, as with everything in the game, the game doesnt keep tracks of Player 2 stats in local coop, so I stopped caring about stats when this uograde came. The game used to register P2 stats in the past and it was fun, but now since I mainly play with local partner, having only 50% stats/time/progression registered makes everything meaningless.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:45 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
ScR wrote:
Fine. Why not having MOAR dumb unlockable stuff at least?

Because that would require development time and more effort, both of which are presumably less available now that Ronimo's working on two projects simultaneously.

It wasn't added before—I can't see it being added now, either.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:12 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
It wasn't added before—I can't see it being added now, either.

Ofcourse it won't be added. But if noone will ask for improvements or new stuff, nothing will be done at all.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:34 pm 

Unfortunately, the community has been asking for things to spend Awesomepoints on (this must be one of twenty identical threads) but nothing came of it, even back when Ronimo was focused on Awesomenauts.

To be honest, it shouldn't take community feedback to the tune of "Awesomepoints are worthless" to make it obvious. The fact there's nothing for veterans to spend them on should be evident.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm 

We need things to spend awesomepoints on (even though without dlcs I've nearly maxxed two accounts(the old account isn't used anymore so it's technically not smurfing))

And we need more medals.

Instead of making new content, what if we ap lock medals? sounds like nobody will be upset about this.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:50 pm 

The amount of times I've found myself saying "How the hell does this guy have 250 wins do they literally just hand out those badges for free?" and then having to remind myself that yes: they do hand out those badges for free is honestly staggering.
I'm happy to have my guide contest Gearfish because it along with my Prestige 10 medal and my account level badge makes me happy that I don't have to waste my time in bot games as Chucho or Skree just to justify the fact that I'm a Chucho/Skree main.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.