Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Medals for the real deal. Not rof free.
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:52 pm 

Can we just have a win counter underneath the character medals already? Might as well roll out 500 win medals too (diamond? purple?) since 250 wins are just commonplace now

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:11 pm 

Sam! wrote:
Can we just have a win counter underneath the character medals already? Might as well roll out 500 win medals too (diamond? purple?) since 250 wins are just commonplace now

I have yet to acquire a 250 win medal. 2400 games. The power of the random button.

I'd like to see a counter on medals though, and at least split them into pvp/pve, if not just make the existing ones pvp only.

I'd be alright to see the X wins with all characters though, that'd be neat.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:00 pm 

Uiomancant wrote:

Nothing to be proud of for players with less than 50% winrate. :shady:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:01 pm 

ScR wrote:
Uiomancant wrote:

<50% winrate yikes

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:25 am 

ScR wrote:
Uiomancant wrote:

nothing wrong with being below average

I just like medals that make my randoms slightly more justifiable, don't ruin my dreams D:.

Also how do you even get much lower than 50% winrate?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:25 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
Also how do you even get much lower than 50% winrate?

Pff simple:
1. Start playing a 2d game with no previous platformer nor console nor MOBA experience.
2. Play hard characters only, don't learn the basics like Frog, Leon or Clunk.
3. Play solo mostly.
4. Be lucky like me.
5. Play when you're salty.
6. ........
7. PROFIT!

Sigh. Fine! I'm not that bad. It's just bad luck. Simple. And idiot allies. And strong enemies. And me having problems coordinating with (unknown) people. And also me being impatient after 20 minutes mark, which costs at least 10% of potentially won matches.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:18 pm 

Actually most of the active players in mid and lower L2 have (a little) below 50% win percentage. It comes down to simple maths really. There always has to be a winner in match and a loser. When you play equal ammount of matches, for every player with 60% there will be another with 40%. When you rise to your spot your % goes up, but when you get stuck there, it will start going down. At L2 you constantly (especially now again) meet L1 or close to it opponents. To which I lose a lot. But losing to them doesnt drop the rank as much, as winning them gains. Last time I won 2 L1s. I gained like 150 ranks. I could lose to them 5 times in a row and still keep my spot, but also get lower win%.

In ideal world there would be unlimited ammount of players, and if matchmaking would do its job, everyone would have 50% win percentage, even Niki and the other guys up there.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:15 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Niki and the other guys up there.

Not exactly. These guys keep their high % mostly because they play full premades with other skilled people from competitive groups. Yes, they are very good at gaming, but it's really impossible getting around 90% (and keeping it) going solo, no matter how godlike you are.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:38 pm 

ScR wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:
Niki and the other guys up there.

Not exactly. These guys keep their high % mostly because they play full premades with other skilled people from competitive groups. Yes, they are very good at gaming, but it's really impossible getting around 90% (and keeping it) going solo, no matter how godlike you are.

I meant, that if there was infinite ammount of players, everyone would have 50% win percentage, as the matchmaking would always find opponents equal their skills. Of course release of new OP nauts etc and abusing those would make small shifts, but in long term the boards would be full of around 50%, since top players wouldnt get easy matches and bottow players impossible matches.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:18 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
I meant, that if there was infinite ammount of players, everyone would have 50% win percentage, as the matchmaking would always find opponents equal their skills. Of course release of new OP nauts etc and abusing those would make small shifts, but in long term the boards would be full of around 50%, since top players wouldnt get easy matches and bottow players impossible matches.

I have to disagree again.
Let's compare Awesomenauts and WoT. Their EU servers playerbase is almost 22 million (more than 10 million real people, and at least 5 million active ones). Compared to our 5000+ it is like infinity. And I spent a while in that game, so that I can say I've seen everything a random game and the matchmaker can offer.
In there (with a special add-on) you can see winrates and player's effeciency rating. And here's how it works: there are less 50% players than ~45% and lower or ~55% and higher. I quit that noncence because played it way too much, but I was at almost 54% for 30k games without a smurf account. This is considered as "strong average player". Everything from 45 and less is fodder. Everything closer to 60 and up to 68-69 are "gods" (like our l1). Everyone above 70 are competitive premade players on an alt account.
And players are separated like that even despite that fact it's a 15x15 teamplay where a single unit can (rarely but it is possible) win a game solo. And you don't need mad skillz to win, just not to be braindead.
Oh! And one more thing. Matchmaker in WoT doesn't care about your winrate when balancing. It's random. So "godlikes" can face other good players all the time or having useless teammates again and again. But somehow the percentage sticks to a player.