Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Half-hearted implementation of assists
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:47 am 

Hello everybody,

first, I'd like to say I'm happy that assists where introduced a long while ago. It's nice for support players and gives you credit even if you're not lucky enough to get the last hit.

I'm a little puzzled though why assists are treated different from kills/deaths and other stats outside of a game. Why can't we see assists in the stats board ingame, the stats menu and replays?

I can't understand why assits were implemented so seemingly half-hearted. If you think they're an in important stat, treat them like every other stat. If not, why did you add them in the first place?

Peace out,
R

Last edited by Rekz on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Half-hearted implementation of assits
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:05 am 
Adminaut

I agree. It'd be a helpful metric in replays to show someone's complete contribution to a match when I go back over them. 1/4 with 10 assists is different from 1/4 with none and it'd be nice to be able to better see player contribution in replays. Replays are also used extensively for competitive game streams so it'd be a nice metric to have there too.

Kind regards,
F

Post subject: Re: Half-hearted implementation of assits
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:33 am 

I thinks its some technical reason they didnt bother to put it to records. You can still check the dmg made stats in replays anyway, which tell more than just assists do. But yeah,would still be usefull to have, not a big deal for me though.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?