Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Individual Levels vs. Team Levels (Poll)
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:30 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:
Lul What? Have a beer or take a chill pill, my comment was sarcastic jab against Robo, who goes giving 10 votes like that

You should have left it at that then, because you went on trying to convince him why changing it would be bad. Then you expect not to hear any response?

You get that he was joking right...
I said this not ISO wrote:
Are you sure that’s what you think? I remember your arguement being the exact opposite in the past.

DeezNauts wrote:
Then you are again confusing and equating a million different concepts. Confusing isn't the same as hard. Easy isn't the same as simple. Do you get the point?

Simple = Easily understood or done;Presenting no difficulty
Easy = Achieved without great effort; Presenting few difficulties

Yeah these are totally different...

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:43 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I like how neither one of you is good enough to actually get the last word in, so we're all now stuck on this merry-go-round of bitterness and half-formed insults that's somehow managed to, like an inoperable tumour, grow and take over what was originally just a "yes/no" thread.

It also defies me how anyone could think that IsoKoala and Robochase were doing anything aside from joking.

It literally defies me.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:51 pm 

DeezNauts wrote:
IsoKoala, you already voted on the second page. Robochase gets to make one vote, and so do you.

:lolstar:

this made my day. thank you for taking this poll so seriously!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 pm 

:drone:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Last edited by IsoKoala on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:04 am 

i vote for removing the current xp system

i liked the solar system we had before better

but if i have to choose between individual and team level system i choose individual.... just for the sake of fresh breeze

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:55 am 
Adminaut

Hey, can we keep it civil in here? I see a lot of pointless bickering in here, calling people trolls or spamming patronising emojis.

That said, one thing that's sorta off-topic I'd like to get out of the way is:
DeezNauts wrote:
I hoped to leave the discussions out of this, but it seems too hard of a concept for some people.

As a forum, threads exist to be talked in. To discourage conversation kind of defeats the point. Besides, people might make good points that help others decide should they be on the fence. This goes for both sides in the conversation, so it feels both self-defeating and dishonest to try and hide voters away from any sort of conversation.

Anyhow, I talked to someone who plays a lot of MOBAs (sometimes competitively) about the current levelling system and one thing was for certain, the implementation of an improved XP system is hard when the game mechanics are so weak.

There's just no good game mechanics to learn in an attempt to game the system. No soak, no map pressure, no map objectives, nothing. The reason I suggest individual XP with choices in self-improvement is because it actually adds some kind of gameplay element to XP. I choose what benefits I get from the system, giving SOME kind of interactivity. Meanwhile it still slows down the previously ridiculous damage scaling by putting scaling on a slower progression mechanic. That said it'd still be a generally weakly designed mechanic as the overarching game design simply doesn't support a well-developed XP system.

The current one is inoffensive after the hardnerfing but it's just a giant waste of potential. When every other XP system adds to their game, this one just doesn't add or take away much at all. This meaningless mechanic combined with all the newer characters being incredibly one-dimensional makes the game feel less and less fun for me.

Also I feel like people saying it'd be harder to carry with an individual scaling mechanic assume the one player would scale as slowly as they do now. To compensate for the reduction in team scaling, one individual would get a lot more out of what they do. This would mean if your team is playing like garbage you will outsoak them and end up generally more powerful than right now, where yeah those two other players scaled as fast as you but are still playing like hot garbage. Them getting the extra 1% HP and damage (hyperbole) hardly changes how awfully they're playing and how quickly they're dying. Meanwhile my increased gain in HP and damage would allow me to better contest 3 players who have more evenly spread XP. This could be arguably bad depending on who you ask but I'd personally prefer this as a (forced) solo Q player.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:44 am 

Alright, I have a few things to actually say.

For team levels:

-Helps people who lag behind a little bit, and generally spreads the power and makes droid clearing similar for everyone.
-Reduces the amount of things people need to keep track of, like knowing what enemies you can engage safely. If there was individual levels this wouldn't be much of a problem though.
-It reduces a single person carrying the game, even though it does still happen and I'm alright with this. This also applies to somebody dominating team-fights.

For individual levels:

-A weak person doesn't bring the other two down, so even if somebody isn't doing well they can be carried.
-Gives the highest level player confidence, makes them hopeful that they can do something solo if they're the most skilled player in the game by far.
-Droids could be fairer to farm if it was based on something else rather than team level. Perhaps total player levels?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:15 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
FishmanDerp wrote:
Anyhow, I talked to someone who plays a lot of MOBAs (sometimes competitively) about the current levelling system and one thing was for certain, the implementation of an improved XP system is hard when the game mechanics are so weak.

Stop trying to confuse me with size 90 text.

As someone that also plays a lot of competitive Dota (who would've guessed, right), I agree with this and everything that follows it.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:02 pm 

@IsoKoala
I know you were joking, but you also went on rambling that sounded like you were trying to actually disprove something robochase said. I was saying that it's obvious to a toddler that robochase only has one vote, too. Without that last sentence, your "joke" and rambling wasn't really that funny.
IsoKoala wrote:
I for one believe, that newer players who have played the game only with the XP system around, are mostly happy the way it is. Its just a ruleset for them. Changing it would just confuse and getting better at the game focused on being individually strong, would just become harder. For this reason, I vote for the newbs that dont come here: 5000 more votes for team levels.

@FishmanDerp
FishmanDerp wrote:
As a forum, threads exist to be talked in. To discourage conversation kind of defeats the point. Besides, people might make good points that help others decide should they be on the fence. This goes for both sides in the conversation, so it feels both self-defeating and dishonest to try and hide voters away from any sort of conversation.

All I said is not to discuss individual votes and the personal reasons why people voted. Polite questions are fine, but not arguing against someone's personal opinion like some insecure people immediately would do, if there wasn't some rule. Of course you can ask why someone voted a certain way if it wasn't clear, but without telling them how they should have voted.

This is not a thread to argue against other people's opinions that they give here.

You can give your OWN opinion and reasoning with your vote, if you want. But I don't want people starting discussion about other people's opinions that aren't their own. If I didn't try to enforce this rule, I can't imagine how many parallel discussions and fights would be happening already with this many different opinions in one thread. How are people then supposed to read through all that, if they just want to read how (and why) people voted?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:06 pm 

Lul What? I am the one in this thread rambling? Someone do a wordcount and we shall see who the one rambling is. :GnawShock:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?