Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What are your favourite map zones to play?
 Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:27 pm 

Luckytime wrote:
I like sorona's bottom lane the most because the bouncers give you mobility to chase people and it feels so damn good when someone thinks they got away and you execute the perfect maneuver and catch up to them. Bouncers taking you in two different directions based on your influence is one of this game's best designs imo. It's nice when skill is rewarded.

I agree. Sorona is probably my favorite map despite some of it's problems.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:38 pm 

Im willing to bet, that the favourite map depends on your favourite nauts as well. Quite a few nauts are not so Hot on Sorona, biggest reason I dont love it more is, that my naut choices feel a bit limited there.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 pm 

I love Sorona's middle area, earlygame Sorona is always so much fun. It's such a shame that as soon as one turret goes down, the game becomes boring in the cave areas, and it becomes extremely likely to snowball one way for the rest of the game.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I'm also surprised that people seem to like Aiguillon, considering that most members of this community would scalp the Invisibility Orb, given the chance.

Yes the stealth orb is dumb, but the rest of the map is (almost) so flawless that it overshadows its existence. The map allows all characters to have an even playing field and has lots of different angles and direction to attack people from so no situation ever feels hopeless to engage. My only gripe is the first bottom lane turret can be a bit of a * to push like AI 205's top back turret, but that's it.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:43 am 
Adminaut

Aig is a strong map as the middle area is a good mix of wide spaces and thin routes, with plenty of alternate paths to get around. It's just very satisfying to move around in.

The areas on that map behind the turrets are kind of lame, has the opposite situation where if feels like you have no options in how you approach. Pushing Aig back top against a Rae is miserable because you're funnelled even harder than back Sorona. Ribbit is similar but the wide spaces allow for some freedom of movement that feels lacking in Aig's back turrets while still being punishable with a wide rotate by the defender.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:52 pm 

aig is the best to best but sorona has the most taunt potential when mindlessly backdooring

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 pm 

Fav: Aigui.
Best:Sorona.
Worst:205. (its neck to neck with starstorm)

I love top lane in sorona, specifically in earlygame because of how you have to approach punishes and neutral game, its admitably turret huggy but when it comes down to initiation and just good ass brawling and 1v1's. that's where it gets interesting.

2nd favorite would be sorona's center stage. In my opinion its the hardest map to master and its primarily because of how the center stage is designed, but all of the elements of that area are so meaningful for everyone at the same time, yet manage to not feel cramped or exaggerated. the only invis area is small yet big enough to give you and your team an incredible amount of control. The bouncepads are fast with a quick access platform above em adding an additional juke and the worm is such a simple touch, yet one that adds so many options, it changes the dynamic from barren wasteland to the ground being lava.

As for characters. skoll in both maps is really fun and effective, but divers and nukers are the kind of nauts I enjoy most in these areas. also smiles is neat in these as well.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(